Community outreach program gives people with hateful tattoos or painful pasts a new start
AUSTIN, Texas, Aug. 12, 2020 /CNW/ --In celebration of National Tattoo Removal Day on August 14, 2020, Removery the largest specialized provider of tattoo removal, change, and fade services in the world will launch INK-nitiative. This program provides safe, effective, and free tattoo removal services for the formerly incarcerated, members of organized gangs, survivors of human trafficking or domestic abuse, or anyone wanting to remove radicalized, hateful, or racist tattoos.
Every client who completes a tattoo removal at Removery contributes to the program for each paying customer, the company will donate one complete removal to someone who meets the program criteria. The community outreach initiative aims to free people of destructive images or painful reminders of the past and help them usher in a brighter future.
"Removery is a place of inclusion and empowerment, and we are committed to eradicating sources of discrimination, injustice, and hate," said Tom Weber, CEO of Removery. "Through INK-nitiative, we provide an important tool for people who want to make real change in their lives, inspire others, and confidently walk the path of positive self-reinvention. And every customer who undertakes their tattoo removal journey with us is a vital part of INK-nitiative, giving someone else the gift of renewal."
INK-nitiative is a reinvention of the INK program, a similar initiative developed by Removery predecessor, The Finery.INK (I Now Know)helped more than 150 clients remove tattoos that were a result of prison culture indoctrination, as well as "branding tattoos" forced on victims of human trafficking, and has had an influx of interest in hate tattoo removal in recent months.
Terrance Lewis, who spent 21 years behind bars for a crime he did not commit, got his tattoos removed through the INK program. He founded the Terrance Lewis Liberation Foundation to advocate for others who have been wrongfully convicted and challenge police and prosecutorial misconduct.
"My tattoos helped me survive the pain of prison, but when I got out, they did not reflect who I wanted to be or how I wanted to commit my life," said Lewis. "By removing the physical scars of my past, I have a clean slate to embark upon the next chapter of my life and career, now working to reform the criminal justice system. I am forever grateful."
Christian Picciolini, a former violent extremist, is a peace advocate, author, producer, and public speaker who had his own racist tattoos removed and now helps others overcome hate. He leads the Free Radicals Project, a global extremism prevention and disengagement network and one of many like-minded organizations helping to promote the new initiative.
"True disengagement from hate and extremism is a long and difficult process that involves much self-reflection, undergoing numerous changes, and working hard to make amends for the pain and harm caused," said Picciolini. "Shedding the physical hate on one's body is an important step in building a new life rooted in love. Free Radicals is excited to support Removery as they work to help former extremists on their path to create positive change."
Enrollment for the program is now open, and those who meet the above criteria can CLICK HERE to apply. Tattoos must be visible on hands, neck, face, or other identifiable areas. Applicants will be enrolled based on capacity and are asked to commit to completing the treatment and aftercare.
Removery is open as per regional COVID-19 guidelines at 35 locations in Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, and Ontario, Canada. With a commitment to ensuring the health and well-being of clients and staff, Removery has implemented industry-leading safety protocols in accordance with OSHA guidelines for healthcare facilities. This includes mandatory face masks, additional PPE for staff, routine cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces and equipment, and strict occupancy limits.
To see before-and-after pictures, learn more about tattoo removal, or schedule an in-person or virtual consultation, visit Removery.com.
About RemoveryRemovery, with 35 locations across North America, is the largest specialized provider of tattoo removal services in the world. The company a partnership between Eraser Clinic, Invisible Ink Tattoo Removers, The Finery, and Precision Laser combines decades of collective experience and expertise and is uniquely pro-tattoo with a strong appreciation for the art and history of tattoos as a vehicle for self-expression. Removery strongly believes there is no shame or stigma and in fact, deep power in changing a tattoo; its laser specialists understand that everyone has a different story and reason for removal or fading. Collectively, Removery laser specialists have completed more than 200,000 safe and effective laser tattoo removal treatments.
- Tarnished Provides Advanced Laser Tattoo Removal and Tattoo Modification Using the Astanza Duality in Oakville, Connecticut - Yahoo Finance - June 9th, 2021
- This Is What Its Like To Get A Tattoo Removed, If You Once Had No Ragrets But Now Have Some - Pedestrian TV - June 9th, 2021
- Warren woman whose mugshots went viral shares her story of recovery - News 5 Cleveland - May 16th, 2021
- Meet ArrDee: The Brighton rapper behind TikTok's biggest song right now - The Tab - May 16th, 2021
- Laser All Brings Full-Spectrum Laser Tattoo Removal and Painless Laser Hair Removal to Westminster, CO with the Astanza Trinity and Astanza ReSmooth... - April 19th, 2021
- Regretting a tattoo? These are your options when it comes to getting rid of it - Fashion Journal - February 19th, 2021
- My Experience Lightening and ... - Tattoos & Piercings - February 14th, 2021
- 'Britain's most tattooed woman' shows what she looks like with ink covered up - Daily Star - February 6th, 2021
- Tattoo Removal Market Trends, Comprehensive Research Study, Development Status, Opportunities, Future Demand, Competitive Landscape and Growth by... - January 22nd, 2021
- Free tattoo removal event helps give people a clean break with past - Stockton Record - January 20th, 2021
- WJFW Newswatch 12 - News From Where You Live - Rhinelander Wisconsin WJFW TV-12 - WJFW-TV - January 20th, 2021
- Kat Von D tattoo cover- up revealed: Tattoo artist shows off new ink! - HITC - Football, Gaming, Movies, TV, Music - December 18th, 2020
- Ribbon Cutting in Boca Raton: LifeGaines Medical and Aesthetics Center Will Receive the Lumenis Excellence Award at Their Ribbon Cutting Event Today... - December 17th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal Procedure, Benefits, and Risks - December 12th, 2020
- How Does Laser Tattoo Removal Work? 7 Facts You Need to Know - December 12th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal | American Society of Plastic Surgeons - December 12th, 2020
- The Best Tattoo Removalists in Canberra - The RiotACT - December 6th, 2020
- Laser tattoo removal offers hope for future - December 5th, 2020
- Laser tattoo removal offers hope for future | fox43.com - December 5th, 2020
- 7 Stars Who Had to Remove Tattoos of Their Exes, From Johnny Depp to Pete Davidson (Photos) - msnNOW - December 2nd, 2020
- The Best Laser Tattoo Removalists in Canberra - The RiotACT - November 30th, 2020
- How Much Does Tattoo Removal Cost? [2020 Price Guide] - November 12th, 2020
- 7 FAQs About Laser Tattoo Removal | Blog | Balshi Dermatology - November 12th, 2020
- The MedSpa on 5th Removes Unwanted Tattoos and Skin Blemishes with the Astanza Duality in Mount Dora, Florida - PRNewswire - November 9th, 2020
- E-dermis Magnetic Tattoo Removal An Alternative Way of Tattoo Elimination - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - November 3rd, 2020
- Understanding Laser Tattoo Removal | University of Utah Health - October 29th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How Much Lasering a Tattoo Costs and Hurts ... - October 29th, 2020
- Panacea Tattoo Removal Offers a Second Chance with Laser Tattoo Removal Featuring the Astanza Duality in Grand Junction, CO - PRNewswire - October 27th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal: From Prep to Aftercare, Heres What to Expect - HYPEBAE - October 27th, 2020
- What To Expect When You Get a Tattoo - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - October 2nd, 2020
- 9 Tips for Tattoo Removal Health Essentials from ... - September 28th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal Lasers: Types & Differences - September 28th, 2020
- What You Need to Know Before Tattoo Removal - - RushPRnews.com - September 26th, 2020
- These innovative regimes and therapies are worth booking well in advance - Connecticut Magazine - September 22nd, 2020
- Chinese Taxi Drivers Ordered To Remove Tattoos - INKED - September 22nd, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How to, Costs, Before and After Pictures ... - September 9th, 2020
- Tattoo removal - Mayo Clinic - September 9th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal - Swinyer-Woseth Dermatology - September 9th, 2020
- 6 Things Everyone Gets Wrong About Laser Tattoo Removal | SELF - September 9th, 2020
- How to Remove Your Unwanted Tattoo Permanently and Safely - Chiang Rai Times - August 25th, 2020
- 10 Things No One Tells You About Tattoo Removal | Glamour - August 22nd, 2020
- How To Remove A Permanent Tattoo: DIY Methods and Surgical ... - August 22nd, 2020
- Laser surgery - Wikipedia - August 22nd, 2020
- 'Erase The Mistake' effort addresses unwanted tattoos - Huntington Herald Dispatch - August 18th, 2020
- Interest In Tattoo Removal High As Removery Safely Opens Its Doors - PRNewswire - July 15th, 2020
- How to Remove a Tattoo without Laser at Home - September 13th, 2019
- Tattoo removal - Wikipedia - September 13th, 2019