Sometimes, we can regret getting a permanent tattoo. It may have sounded like a good idea back then, looked stylish, or because it reminds you of someone that you no longer have a relationship with. In any case, tattoos can be a nuisance when getting rid of them, especially the permanent variety. If you have a tattoo that you regret having, dont worry, you have a variety of options to rid your skin of the unwanted ink.
Keep in mind, however, that the effectiveness of these methods might vary according to the person theyre used to. With that said, here are some methods which can help remove your tattoo.
Cryosurgery, or cryotherapy, is commonly used to treat skin cancer and warts. It can also be effective when used to remove permanent tattoos. Since this method is administered by a proficient doctor, you can rest assured that you are in safe hands.
Cryo Surgeries begin by treating the tattooed area with cool temperatures to the point of numbing the skin. This happens by using a cooling agent bottled in a spray like liquid nitrogen, which will develop frostbite in this area; thus, the skin will be abraded, which will help getting rid of the topmost layer of the skin. This method can be extremely painful.
So, it is not recommended for people with sensitive skin to try this method as well. Keep in mind that it cant work for multicolored tattoos, as it doesnt work with green and yellow colors. Because cryo surgeries are a type of cosmetic surgery, they wont be covered by insurance.
Like all effective methods of removing tattoos, laser surgeries are quite painful. It is also the most common method that people use, but its also more costly than other options on this list. Whats good about laser surgery services is that they work on removing only the color pigments of the skin and not removing a whole layer.
What these services do is expose color pigments to a high-intensity laser beam, which then breaks up the color pigments. If the tattoo is all in black the results will be more effective.
Furthermore, there are two types of laser surgeries for tattoo removal: Active and Passive. Active surgeries are more expensive than Passive surgeries, but they also show better results. However, these surgeries are carried out by a proficient dermatologist and take more than one sitting. Passive surgeries, on the other hand, are cheaper and can be done in beauty salons.
This is also one of the most common methods to remove tattoos with. However, it only works on specific tattoos. If your tattoo happens to be small and hidden, then you can go for surgical excision. This method works by numbing the tattooed area with an anesthetic injection, then the tattooed area is removed with a scalpel. After that, the skin is stitched back together and treated with an antibacterial ointment. This method will leave a scar, which is why it is used in small, hidden tattoos. It will also take months to heal and will leave a permanent scar. However, it is an effective and instantaneous method of getting rid of a tattoo and it also wont result in an allergic reaction, which can often happen to some people who try laser surgery.
Dermabrasion works in a similar way to cryosurgeries, as the tattooed area is also numbed with a cooling agent, then a sanding device is used to remove the outer layer of the skin. This will allow the ink to come out. However, it is a painful method to remove ink despite its effectiveness. It is also not recommended for people with sensitive skin or skin issues like eczema.
There is also the risk of your skin darkening, as dermabrasion can make changes to the pigments of your skin. The level of effectiveness will also depend on the size and type of your tattoo; however, it is widely considered less effective than other methods like laser surgery, but on the flip side, it is less expensive. Note that the treated skin might feel raw and sore days after the treatment and that recovery can take from two to three weeks.
Some methods are more favorable than others, with excisions being the cleanest and laser surgeries being the most effective, a lot of people go for these two. Not that cryo surgeries and dermabrasions can be quite effective, but they might result in unpredictable outcomes, especially if not carried out by a competent specialist. So, make sure that you find a trustworthy dermatologist to remove your tattoo.
View original post here:
- Regretting a tattoo? These are your options when it comes to getting rid of it - Fashion Journal - February 19th, 2021
- My Experience Lightening and ... - Tattoos & Piercings - February 14th, 2021
- 'Britain's most tattooed woman' shows what she looks like with ink covered up - Daily Star - February 6th, 2021
- Tattoo Removal Market Trends, Comprehensive Research Study, Development Status, Opportunities, Future Demand, Competitive Landscape and Growth by... - January 22nd, 2021
- Free tattoo removal event helps give people a clean break with past - Stockton Record - January 20th, 2021
- WJFW Newswatch 12 - News From Where You Live - Rhinelander Wisconsin WJFW TV-12 - WJFW-TV - January 20th, 2021
- Kat Von D tattoo cover- up revealed: Tattoo artist shows off new ink! - HITC - Football, Gaming, Movies, TV, Music - December 18th, 2020
- Ribbon Cutting in Boca Raton: LifeGaines Medical and Aesthetics Center Will Receive the Lumenis Excellence Award at Their Ribbon Cutting Event Today... - December 17th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal Procedure, Benefits, and Risks - December 12th, 2020
- How Does Laser Tattoo Removal Work? 7 Facts You Need to Know - December 12th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal | American Society of Plastic Surgeons - December 12th, 2020
- The Best Tattoo Removalists in Canberra - The RiotACT - December 6th, 2020
- Laser tattoo removal offers hope for future - December 5th, 2020
- Laser tattoo removal offers hope for future | fox43.com - December 5th, 2020
- 7 Stars Who Had to Remove Tattoos of Their Exes, From Johnny Depp to Pete Davidson (Photos) - msnNOW - December 2nd, 2020
- The Best Laser Tattoo Removalists in Canberra - The RiotACT - November 30th, 2020
- How Much Does Tattoo Removal Cost? [2020 Price Guide] - November 12th, 2020
- 7 FAQs About Laser Tattoo Removal | Blog | Balshi Dermatology - November 12th, 2020
- The MedSpa on 5th Removes Unwanted Tattoos and Skin Blemishes with the Astanza Duality in Mount Dora, Florida - PRNewswire - November 9th, 2020
- E-dermis Magnetic Tattoo Removal An Alternative Way of Tattoo Elimination - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - November 3rd, 2020
- Understanding Laser Tattoo Removal | University of Utah Health - October 29th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How Much Lasering a Tattoo Costs and Hurts ... - October 29th, 2020
- Panacea Tattoo Removal Offers a Second Chance with Laser Tattoo Removal Featuring the Astanza Duality in Grand Junction, CO - PRNewswire - October 27th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal: From Prep to Aftercare, Heres What to Expect - HYPEBAE - October 27th, 2020
- What To Expect When You Get a Tattoo - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - October 2nd, 2020
- 9 Tips for Tattoo Removal Health Essentials from ... - September 28th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal Lasers: Types & Differences - September 28th, 2020
- What You Need to Know Before Tattoo Removal - - RushPRnews.com - September 26th, 2020
- These innovative regimes and therapies are worth booking well in advance - Connecticut Magazine - September 22nd, 2020
- Chinese Taxi Drivers Ordered To Remove Tattoos - INKED - September 22nd, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How to, Costs, Before and After Pictures ... - September 9th, 2020
- Tattoo removal - Mayo Clinic - September 9th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal - Swinyer-Woseth Dermatology - September 9th, 2020
- 6 Things Everyone Gets Wrong About Laser Tattoo Removal | SELF - September 9th, 2020
- 10 Things No One Tells You About Tattoo Removal | Glamour - August 22nd, 2020
- How To Remove A Permanent Tattoo: DIY Methods and Surgical ... - August 22nd, 2020
- Laser surgery - Wikipedia - August 22nd, 2020
- 'Erase The Mistake' effort addresses unwanted tattoos - Huntington Herald Dispatch - August 18th, 2020
- Removery's INK-nitiative Will Remove Racist and Hate Tattoos For Free - Tyler Morning Telegraph - August 12th, 2020
- Interest In Tattoo Removal High As Removery Safely Opens Its Doors - PRNewswire - July 15th, 2020
- How to Remove a Tattoo without Laser at Home - September 13th, 2019
- Tattoo removal - Wikipedia - September 13th, 2019