Brides always want to look and feel their best on their wedding day, says Mary Sharp, owner of Ideal Healthy Weight Loss, with multiple Connecticut locations. They want to radiate happiness and confidence as they share the big day with friends and family. Thankfully, Connecticut is home to a plethora of practices designed to help brides become their best selves, inside and out.
As brides start to call caterers and line up the DJ, its also time to start planning health and beauty treatments. Brides are motivated to get these things under control before they get married, adds Tracy Hill Fisher of Electrolysis of Wallingford. Read on for your detailed timeline for when you should begin the most popular health and beauty treatments, and where you can find them in the Constitution State.
Tattoo removal:1 year in advance
Laser Center of Milford,203-877-6568, lasercenterofmilford.com
I usually tell patients it can take up to one year to remove a tattoo, explains Dr. Gino Ang, the aesthetic and laser specialist at Laser Center of Milford. Of course, he notes, the actual time and amount of sessions can vary widely from case to case. The process works by firing laser frequencies on a tattoo, causing the ink to dissipate into small particles, which are then slowly absorbed into the body.
Because of this, Dr. Ang says patients must wait three to four weeks between sessions to allow the ink to blanch and coalesce again. Plus, tattoo removal is somewhat painful, so patients will need some time to recover, he adds, noting that complete removal can take anywhere from five to 10 sessions. The fresher the tattoo, the longer it takes, he says. Older tattoos come off easier. Ive seen some that disappear after three sessions.
Because of this variation, Dr. Ang recommends brides begin the process at least a year before their wedding if theyd like a tattoo completely gone. While youre in, Dr. Ang can also treat issues like bad acne scarring with microneedling. And we always finish it off with a hydrafacial to really clean the skin and make it glow, he adds.
Weight loss:6 months or more in advance
Ideal Healthy Weight Loss, Glastonbury, Granby and Avon,idealhealthyweightloss.com
In our experience, many brides-to-be use an upcoming wedding as motivation to lose unhealthy weight, and the benefits are both physical and emotional, says Mary Sharp, RN, owner and medical supervisor at Ideal Healthy Weight Loss. The company helps clients lose weight sustainably with its Ideal Protein method.
The diet program offers predictable and measurable outcomes, with an average weight loss of eight to 10 pounds per month for women and 10 to 12 pounds for men. So, the amount of time required depends on how much weight each client would like to lose. If someone wants to lose 30 pounds, I would estimate the weight-loss phase would require about four months, Sharp explains. After that, the client would enter the stabilization phase where foods are slowly reintroduced into their diet.
The vital stabilization phase lasts about two months, Sharp says, bringing the total time to about six months. After that, the client would enter the maintenance phase, which can begin before the wedding and continue after the honeymoon. Ideal Healthy Weight Loss continues to monitor clients for a full year after they have achieved their weight-loss goals.
Hair removal:5-6 months in advance
Electrolysis of Wallingford,203-974-3747, 475-209-1849,electrolysisofwallingford.com
During electrolysis, a hair-fine filament distributes minute amounts of electricity into a hair follicle. The electrologist then removes the hair and the follicle heals shut, so nothing can grow out of it again. Because each person has a different hair type and desired area for removal, the length and amount of sessions can vary significantly from client to client.
For brides, wed recommend coming in for a consultation at least six months before the wedding so we can evaluate on a case-by-case basis from there, says Tracy Hill Fisher, licensed electrologist at Electrolysis of Wallingford. She notes that many brides come in to address excessive hair growth caused by hormone imbalances. In these cases, Fisher and her fellow electrologist Naz Hibodi can work in tandem with a patients endocrinologist and GYN to find a cohesive solution.
Others, meanwhile, would simply like to remove underarm or upper lip hair. A lot of people come in and they dont realize why theyre here, so I try to guide them in the right direction, Fisher adds. Brides especially are hoping to look their best, and theyre focused on getting everything situated for the big day.
Body wraps:4 months in advance
Shoreline Alternative Therapies, Guilford and Wallingford,shorelineneurofeedback.com
Co-owned and run by Gabriella Connolly and Amy Platt, Shoreline Alternative Therapies offers an array of non-invasive treatments. Connolly and Platt are both registered nurses, and Platt is also a physical therapist. Among their offerings are infrared heat body detox wraps. These innovative wraps use infrared heat to penetrate seven times deeper than regular heat. The process helps the body burn fat into the deeper layers through the dermis, Platt explains. We have people who are heavily working out getting ready for their wedding, and this will relieve stiffness and soreness. It also offers stress reduction, releases toxins, and increases energy.
The wraps, in tandem with a healthy diet, can help stimulate weight loss and even reduce cellulite and improve elasticity. Connolly recommends getting started three to four months before the wedding for two sessions per week to total eight to 10 treatments. Those last two to three weeks before the wedding get so hectic, and you dont want this to add stress, she notes. For a total mind-body experience, the duo recommends doing the wraps along with treatments like vibroacoustic therapy, cupping and reflexology.
Microblading:3 months in advance
Effis Salon, Westport,203-226-9880, effissalon.com
Microblading is a method of permanent makeup, explains Aleksandra Matys, aesthetician at Effis Salon in Westport. The procedure is reminiscent of tattooing, since it involves putting a dye under the skin with a thin needle hence its lasting results. Though the techniques can vary, microblading is a popular option to add or enhance natural-looking eyebrows that have suffered from over waxing/plucking in the past.
Matys specializes in a natural-looking method called feathering. Ideal for weddings and beach honeymoons, durability is the main advantage, she says. Unlike makeup, you dont have to worry about smudging poolside or in the rain.
Healing can take four to six weeks after the procedure, and Matys says permanent eyebrow makeup often requires corrections like adjusting shape or darkening color, which are performed at least one month after the first treatment. With proper care, the pigment can last up to two years, so she recommends getting started three to four months before the big day.
Keratin treatments:2 months in adavance
The Spa at Litchfield Hills,860-567-8575, litchfield-spa.com
Your hair is made up of keratin, so when its frizzy, its lacking this protein, explains Katie Brignolo, salon creative director at The Spa at Litchfield Hills. Keratin treatments can add shine and/or straighten curls, depending on what clients are looking for. Over time, it fades out, rather than growing out like a perm, so theres no awkward in between period.
Treatments start with clarifying buildup from hair, applying keratin, blow drying hair, and finishing with a flatiron. The process opens up the cuticle, so it takes about a week to allow the cuticle to close and trap the keratin inside. Brignolo recommends a first-time treatment two to three months before the wedding.
If brides want to enjoy glossy locks for more events leading up to their wedding day, they can get a treatment about five months beforehand, and refresh it with a lighter express method a few weeks before the wedding. It really helps with smoothness, especially if youre getting married in the summer or having a destination wedding or bachelorette party in warmer climates, Brignolo says. It really helps cut down on blow-dry time.
- Regretting a tattoo? These are your options when it comes to getting rid of it - Fashion Journal - February 19th, 2021
- My Experience Lightening and ... - Tattoos & Piercings - February 14th, 2021
- 'Britain's most tattooed woman' shows what she looks like with ink covered up - Daily Star - February 6th, 2021
- Tattoo Removal Market Trends, Comprehensive Research Study, Development Status, Opportunities, Future Demand, Competitive Landscape and Growth by... - January 22nd, 2021
- Free tattoo removal event helps give people a clean break with past - Stockton Record - January 20th, 2021
- WJFW Newswatch 12 - News From Where You Live - Rhinelander Wisconsin WJFW TV-12 - WJFW-TV - January 20th, 2021
- Kat Von D tattoo cover- up revealed: Tattoo artist shows off new ink! - HITC - Football, Gaming, Movies, TV, Music - December 18th, 2020
- Ribbon Cutting in Boca Raton: LifeGaines Medical and Aesthetics Center Will Receive the Lumenis Excellence Award at Their Ribbon Cutting Event Today... - December 17th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal Procedure, Benefits, and Risks - December 12th, 2020
- How Does Laser Tattoo Removal Work? 7 Facts You Need to Know - December 12th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal | American Society of Plastic Surgeons - December 12th, 2020
- The Best Tattoo Removalists in Canberra - The RiotACT - December 6th, 2020
- Laser tattoo removal offers hope for future - December 5th, 2020
- Laser tattoo removal offers hope for future | fox43.com - December 5th, 2020
- 7 Stars Who Had to Remove Tattoos of Their Exes, From Johnny Depp to Pete Davidson (Photos) - msnNOW - December 2nd, 2020
- The Best Laser Tattoo Removalists in Canberra - The RiotACT - November 30th, 2020
- How Much Does Tattoo Removal Cost? [2020 Price Guide] - November 12th, 2020
- 7 FAQs About Laser Tattoo Removal | Blog | Balshi Dermatology - November 12th, 2020
- The MedSpa on 5th Removes Unwanted Tattoos and Skin Blemishes with the Astanza Duality in Mount Dora, Florida - PRNewswire - November 9th, 2020
- E-dermis Magnetic Tattoo Removal An Alternative Way of Tattoo Elimination - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - November 3rd, 2020
- Understanding Laser Tattoo Removal | University of Utah Health - October 29th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How Much Lasering a Tattoo Costs and Hurts ... - October 29th, 2020
- Panacea Tattoo Removal Offers a Second Chance with Laser Tattoo Removal Featuring the Astanza Duality in Grand Junction, CO - PRNewswire - October 27th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal: From Prep to Aftercare, Heres What to Expect - HYPEBAE - October 27th, 2020
- What To Expect When You Get a Tattoo - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - October 2nd, 2020
- 9 Tips for Tattoo Removal Health Essentials from ... - September 28th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal Lasers: Types & Differences - September 28th, 2020
- What You Need to Know Before Tattoo Removal - - RushPRnews.com - September 26th, 2020
- Chinese Taxi Drivers Ordered To Remove Tattoos - INKED - September 22nd, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How to, Costs, Before and After Pictures ... - September 9th, 2020
- Tattoo removal - Mayo Clinic - September 9th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal - Swinyer-Woseth Dermatology - September 9th, 2020
- 6 Things Everyone Gets Wrong About Laser Tattoo Removal | SELF - September 9th, 2020
- How to Remove Your Unwanted Tattoo Permanently and Safely - Chiang Rai Times - August 25th, 2020
- 10 Things No One Tells You About Tattoo Removal | Glamour - August 22nd, 2020
- How To Remove A Permanent Tattoo: DIY Methods and Surgical ... - August 22nd, 2020
- Laser surgery - Wikipedia - August 22nd, 2020
- 'Erase The Mistake' effort addresses unwanted tattoos - Huntington Herald Dispatch - August 18th, 2020
- Removery's INK-nitiative Will Remove Racist and Hate Tattoos For Free - Tyler Morning Telegraph - August 12th, 2020
- Interest In Tattoo Removal High As Removery Safely Opens Its Doors - PRNewswire - July 15th, 2020
- How to Remove a Tattoo without Laser at Home - September 13th, 2019
- Tattoo removal - Wikipedia - September 13th, 2019