Before we get to the links themselves, lets throw this out because it seems encouraging.
Now on to our regularly scheduled news roundup.
Cowboys' Everson Griffen admits pass rush is struggling, will make specific adjustment to 'generate pressure' - Patrick Walker, CBSSports.comEverson Griffen doesn't think it's just his stance that needs to be addressed, either.
"First and foremost, I feel like us as a group we have to get lined up correctly," Griffen told media in a Zoom call on Wednesday. "We have to get lined up correctly. We have to play our gaps correctly and we have to not beat ourselves. We cannot beat ourselves.
"We have to get lined up correct, make the tackles and make the calls. We've got to get the ball back for offense. Our goal for this week is keep Russell in the pocket, don't let him scramble and we have to do that by getting back there -- generating pressure. These past two games, we haven't been generating pressure that well to be honest with you guys and I feel like we've got to do a better job at generating pressure.
"If that's putting big guys in the middle to get more push in the pocket, if that's switching it up, doing whatever we have to do to generate that push in the middle, whatever we have to do."
Defense Eyes Adjustments After First Two Games - Rob Phillips, DallasCowboys.comThe entire defense acknowledges the struggles. They are actively looking to get better.
Thursday, head coach Mike McCarthy said it's possible the defense will scale back the volume within the scheme to help reduce missed assignments. After all, it's only been five weeks of actual on-field work since camp began.
(Linebacker Jaylon) Smith agreed that approach could help.
"It's about us growing each and every week," he said. "The coaches are on the same page, and the players are on the same page, and we're just trying to do whatever it takes to get that much better each and every week.
How McCarthys belief in players over system should help Griffen, Lawrence Jon Machota, The AthleticIt's probably a good idea that Griffen and DeMarcus Lawrence may be back to putting a hand on the ground, which should make them more productive. It's even better to see head coach Mike McCarthy means what he says.
When youre throwing away good players because they dont fit your system, you got to take a hard look at your system, McCarthy said in February. If the guy is a good football player, he can play for me.
It appears McCarthy is sticking to his word. One of the reasons for the slow start up front defensively is that Lawrence and Griffen are playing a different style than they have in the past. Nolan has implemented more 3-4 looks up front, meaning that instead of rushing from a three-point stance with a hand on the ground, the edge rushers come off the ball from a standing position. While thats a perfect fit for Smith, Lawrence and Griffen have become Pro Bowl players because of what they have accomplished as 4-3 defensive ends.
And it sounds like they are going to get an opportunity to get back to what works best for them.
Trysten Hill Making an Impact in his Second Year - John Williams, Inside the StarThere are a lot of people that owe Trysten Hill an apology.
After Gerald McCoy was lost for the season with an injury, Hill was immediately thrust into first-team reps on defense. He didnt disappoint, earning the starting three-technique defensive tackle job out of training camp. So far, in the early going of 2020, hes flashed multiple times in both weeks one and two and is showing the skill and promise that made him a second-round selection in the 2019 NFL Draft.
Writers Blocks: Daks Big Opportunity - David Helman, DallasCowboy.comDak Prescott gets some love.
Prescott is off to a wonderful start in 2020. He's sitting on 716 yards through two games, which means he has a real shot to hit 1,000 yards after just three weeks. He hasn't thrown an interception in six games. He made a statement leading the Cowboys back from certain defeat just a week ago.
That's all well and good, but now he's got a chance to put the league on notice. It's easy to argue that Russell Wilson is playing better than anyone in the NFL right now, and he's a huge part of the reason why the Seahawks are one of the most impressive 2-0 teams in the league. The guy has thrown nine touchdowns compared to just 11 incompletions through two weeks. He's just absurd.
Those of us that follow the Cowboys' every move know how good Prescott can be. But I don't think the rest of the world has woken up to the possibility that he is on that level.
I'm not saying it'll happen, but that would certainly change if he outduels Wilson on Sunday. If Prescott can build on his Week 2 performance in a win this weekend, he's going to rocket to the top of the league consciousness.
Teds Film Room: These three quarterback/play-caller duos need more respect Ted Nguyen, The AthleticMore on Dak.
Dak Prescott has been a very good quarterback since he took over as the Cowboys starter in his rookie year in 2016. Hes had his ups and downs, so its understandable that there has been hesitancy to call him elite. In his early years, the offense was focused around running back Ezekiel Elliott and the teams incredible offensive line. However, last season, offensive coordinator Kellen Moore took over and made Prescott the driving force of the offense. Prescott responded with his first 30-touchdown season. Still, that wasnt enough for the Cowboys to sign Prescott to a big extension, so he is playing on the franchise tag. This season, hes trying to prove that he deserves to get paid like an elite quarterback.
After a shaky start against the Rams with one of the top defenses in the NFL Prescott ripped the Falcons secondary to shreds without his starting left and right tackles. Against the Falcons, he aided his protection with disciplined pocket depth. Some young quarterbacks will start drifting too deep when they feel the heat, making it difficult for their tackles to block because it gives edge rushers an easier angle to attack the pocket. Prescott was very disciplined by dropping to the proper depth and stepping up into the pocket despite a lot of pressure early in the game.
With Seahawks up next, Cowboys need to find winning ways on the road - Todd Archer, Dallas Cowboys Blog- ESPNThe famed 12th man is not going to be there when the Cowboys play the Seahawks on Sunday. Will that be a plus for Dallas?
Including the season-opening loss to the Los Angeles Rams, the Cowboys have lost four straight road games, failed to score a touchdown in two of the games and have crossed the end zone five times in their past 45 possessions. Three of those touchdowns came in the fourth quarter of a 31-24 loss to the Chicago Bears that was not as close as the final score indicated.
"It's just very quiet," Moore said. "You've got to bring your own juice, energy, excitement while still playing simple execution football. We learned from the experience of going to L.A. and that unique environment. Obviously, at home it was awesome to have a little bit of natural enthusiasm of the crowd and with the energy that's in the stadium. We were able to benefit, hopefully, from that. Obviously, we're back to probably no crowd [in Seattle] and I think we'll be prepared for it."
Cowboys McCarthy Explains Why I Dont Believe In Gambling - Mike Fisher, SI Cowboys MavenThe Cowboys went for it on fourth down with a couple of failed fake punts against the Falcons, and some think those were foolish gambles. But Mike McCarthy doesn't see it that way.
"The Gambler''? No.
McCarthy made it abundantly clear: You do things with a preparation base behind it. ... It's about keeping the ball in the players' hands, and about them having the tools and the confidence ... Everything you do is done with good intent, with preparation.
"I'm not a 'gambler.' But I definitely would like to think of it as aggressive.''
Amari Disappointed With His One-Handed Catch - Jonny Auping, DallasCowboys.comIt was one of the most spectacular plays in a most amazing game. But it still wasn't good enough for Amari Cooper - and you have to love that.
"I wish I would have been able to run full speed," a frustrated Cooper said on Thursday. "I couldn't do what I wanted to do. Obviously it would have been a touchdown."
Cooper said that a lingering foot injury decreased his speed and was the explanation for what seemed like an overthrow. "It's a lot better [now]," Cooper updated the media on Thursday. "I've been running full speed."
Cooper has proven that he's thrived to get better since he arrived in Dallas via trade from the Raiders, and his progress and chemistry with Dak Prescott has surely helped the quarterback's young career as well. Cooper's ability to make a catch like the one he made against Atlanta wasn't luck and athleticism. It was the result of conscious and deliberate practice.
"I practice one-handed catches [as if] I can only catch them with one hand," Cooper explained. "Usually it sticks. But it didn't stick. So I had to bobble it and catch it."
Dallas Cowboys: How Ezekiel Elliott decided to get Feed Me tattoo- Jori Epstein, USA Today
Why is a tattoo such a news item? (Typed unironically while adding story about the tattoo to the news links article.)
Thats definitely Zekes personality and he does bring a lot of energy to the team because he has a mentality that he wants to be fed, wide receiver Amari Cooper said. Obviously, the world knows he wants to be fed and he wants to help the team in any way he can.
Cooper laughs recalling the July workout when Elliott showed up to Prescotts home less than 24 hours after Guzman completed the Feed Me tattoo. Elliotts abdomen was still freshly swollen.
You know, Cooper said, I like it.
Dallas Cowboys' Dak Prescott, Atlanta Falcons' Hayden Hurst to team up for suicide prevention - Todd Archer, ESPNSome things are far bigger than football. This is great to see.
Starting next offseason, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott and Atlanta Falcons tight end Hayden Hurst plan to work together in suicide prevention.
Hurst approached Prescott after the Cowboys' 40-39 win Sunday in a moment that was caught on camera.
Hurst has been open about attempting suicide and dealing with anxiety and depression. Prescott's brother, Jace, died by suicide in April, and the quarterback discussed his feelings of depression during the early parts of the coronavirus pandemic.
BTB Podcast Schedule
We also offer daily episodes of The Ocho where we give you that days latest headlines so that you always stay caught up. The BTB podcast network is available on all major podcast avenues.
You can find your preferred platform right here. Make sure to subscribe, rate the feed, and leave a review! Our latest episode is available in the feed down below.
See more here:
- Jaden Hill is LSU's ace pitcher who has a bigger calling in life: 'I'm chosen to help people' - The Advocate - February 19th, 2021
- Gangland: a book about meth and the people whose lives it touches - The Spinoff - February 17th, 2021
- SA tattoo artist to the stars on taking his skill abroad - News24 - February 14th, 2021
- Memories of dad help make University of Houston's Justin Gorham a rebounding machine - Houston Chronicle - February 11th, 2021
- Tauranga's strongest head to the Highlands - The Bay's News First - SunLive - February 6th, 2021
- Nick Carter of Backstreet Boys Got His Paris Hilton Tattoo Just 3 Week Before They Broke up - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - January 30th, 2021
- 2 Green Country Women Share Stories Through Tattoo Ink; Competing In National Contest - News On 6 - January 30th, 2021
- Gangs? Cliques? Subgroups? Call Them What You Will There've Been 18 (Yes, 18) In The LA Sheriff's Department - LAist - January 22nd, 2021
- Trump's useful thugs: how the Republican party offered a home to the Proud Boys - The Guardian - January 22nd, 2021
- Proud Boys among groups being watched as inauguration approaches. Do they have Northeast Ohio ties? - Akron Beacon Journal - January 20th, 2021
- Who are Proud Boys? The Western chauvinist far-right group explained and what Donald Trump has previously said about them - The Scotsman - January 15th, 2021
- Theyve been hidden too long: Report details Los Angeles Sheriffs deputy gangs and violence toward communities of color - East Bay Times - January 15th, 2021
- Hawaii Proud Boy Charged By DOJ After Raiding US Capitol - Honolulu Civil Beat - January 9th, 2021
- Swimming With My Shirt Off - The New York Times - January 9th, 2021
- How the Internet Reflected on and Coped With the Capitol Attack - Hyperallergic - January 9th, 2021
- The Weekly-ish Mailbag is mailing it in this week. - Off Tackle Empire - December 31st, 2020
- Four months before her wedding, Mary knew it was over - Sydney Morning Herald - December 19th, 2020
- Family, determination and a dream: The Real Woods story - The Stanford Daily - December 16th, 2020
- Skating solo gives me time to study everyone else on the rink - The Globe and Mail - December 16th, 2020
- LOCAL NEWS BRIEFS: Price is Right Live show rescheduled - Goshen News - December 16th, 2020
- Controversial Mom Made One Of Her Twin Toddlers Get A Tattoo For Very Important Reason - BabyGaga - December 11th, 2020
- Mum of twins tattoos one so she can tell them apart leaving mother-in-law fuming - Daily Star - December 11th, 2020
- Farmingtons mayor of 12 years memorializes his experience in tattoo - TwinCities.com-Pioneer Press - December 8th, 2020
- Im A Celebrity superfan gets tattoo of Ant and Dec at Gwrych Castle inked onto his thigh - The Sun - December 1st, 2020
- MacAdam: Fascination with Mike Tyson began in Albany - The Daily Gazette - November 27th, 2020
- 'Home town boys' return to Philippi Main Street - The Inter-Mountain - November 20th, 2020
- The Post-Election Proud Boys Meltdown Is Here, and It's Ugly - The Daily Beast - November 12th, 2020
- I just want to be with my friends: how will children cope with being cooped up again in second lockdown? - The Guardian - November 9th, 2020
- 240+ Inspirational & Meaningful One Word Tattoos (2020 ... - November 6th, 2020
- 75+ Best Small Tattoos For Men (2020) - Simple Cool ... - November 6th, 2020
- Tickets for sale in Snohomish County and around the region - The Daily Herald - November 5th, 2020
- Seances, tattoos and the unbreakable bond between Mikaela Mayer and Al Mitchell - ESPN - October 30th, 2020
- Students rediscover their childhood fandoms on TikTok - Daily Northwestern - October 29th, 2020
- Chase Winovich talks playing time, conspiracy theories with Zolak & Bertrand - 98.5 The Sports Hub - October 22nd, 2020
- The Cycle of Punitive Justice Starts in Schools. Eric Butler Is Showing Kids and Teachers How to Break It. - Mother Jones - October 21st, 2020
- The Proud Boys? - SOFREP - October 16th, 2020
- Theatre Alliance to perform outdoor production of Devil Boys from Beyond - Yes! Weekly - October 16th, 2020
- Freshers' Flu - Why My Mum Invented COVID - Cherwell Online - October 10th, 2020
- Who Are the Proud Boys Trump Told To 'Stand Back and Stand By'? - Snopes.com - October 8th, 2020
- Dan Osbornes tattoo shows hes protective of Jacqueline Jossa & the meaning behind Brooklyn Beckhams spoo - The Sun - October 7th, 2020
- When the Proud Boys came to town - The Economist - October 7th, 2020
- The ten essential facts you need to know about BTS's Suga - Film Daily - October 6th, 2020
- 30 Best Neck Tattoos for Boys and Girls - The Best Tattoo ... - September 30th, 2020
- Best 100+ Tattoo Designs For Men and Boys - Youme And Trends - September 30th, 2020
- Who are the Proud Boys, the extremist group Trump named in the debate - Insider - INSIDER - September 30th, 2020
- Fred Perry Will Denounce Proud Boys, But The President Won't - Highsnobiety - September 30th, 2020
- Hooligans With Heart: Phoenix Risings Red Fury fan club reaches out to refugees - Cronkite News - September 30th, 2020
- Whats New on Netflix UK & Top 10s: September 30th, 2020 - What's on Netflix - September 30th, 2020
- From the Fields: Soaking it up now | agrinews-pubs.com - Agri News - September 30th, 2020
- Who are the Proud Boys and why did Trump tell them to stand by? - The Irish Sun - September 30th, 2020
- The Giant Proud Boy Rally That Wasn't - VICE - September 28th, 2020
- For Australia's military veterans, tattoos are an important reminder of the things they've seen - The Canberra Times - September 26th, 2020
- What is the alt-right group the Proud Boys? - The Sun - September 21st, 2020
- Police investigating after man tried to grab young boy from street - The Northern Echo - September 18th, 2020
- Cowboys news: Reviewing the rookies after the Cowboys season-opener - Blogging The Boys - September 18th, 2020
- Nas makes his latest claim to the throne with King's Disease - NYSMusic - September 18th, 2020
- The Boys Season 2 Episode 4: 20 Easter Eggs And Things You Might Have Missed - GameSpot - September 15th, 2020
- The Boys Season 2 Episode 4: 20 Things You Might Have Missed - GameSpot - September 11th, 2020
- Remembrance of Things Past: A favorite series features a book with a local tie - theday.com - September 11th, 2020
- RCB spinner Adam Zampa speaks of his love for whisky, need to carry microwave on tours - Times Now - September 8th, 2020
- Youth of color disproportionately represented in the justice system - Prescott eNews - September 7th, 2020
- Two "Boogaloo Boys" Allegedly Tried To Supply Weapons To Hamas And Join As Mercenaries - BuzzFeed News - September 6th, 2020
- Sophie Kasaei shows off full sleeve and chest piece in 'tattoo' snap - Heat - September 3rd, 2020
- Failed by the System - Eugene Weekly - September 3rd, 2020
- 'They're going to have to shoot me': A cop's son meets a tragic fate in Morris Township - Morristown Green - September 3rd, 2020
- Youth of color disproportionately represented in the justice system - Cronkite News - September 3rd, 2020
- 2 Boys Arrested In Suspected Attempted Carjacking, Armed Robbery - Patch.com - September 2nd, 2020
- Ask Billboard: Katy Perry's Career Bests, From 'One of the Boys' to 'Smile,' & Every Hot 100 'Idol' Top 10 - Billboard - August 29th, 2020
- This says Jimin's tattoo, it has a very deep meaning - Somag News - August 27th, 2020
- 10 Katy Perry Tattoos and the Meaning of Each - Music Times - August 27th, 2020
- Home and Away Review: Annabelle Stephens joins the cast as Angelos wife - The West Australian - August 26th, 2020
- Listen to this! New releases and livestreams from The Boy Band Project, Broadway Buskers, and Playbill - DC Metro Theater Arts - August 25th, 2020
- LASD gangs: Who are the Compton Executioners? - Los Angeles Times - August 20th, 2020
- Disney adults are the most terrifying people on the planet and they need to be stopped - The Tab - July 15th, 2020
- Blake Shelton Said He Has the 'Crappiest Tattoo' and Fans Get It Wrong - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - July 15th, 2020
- 30 Hand Tattoo Designs for Boys and Girls - thisistattoo.com - September 13th, 2019
- Proud Boys - Wikipedia - September 13th, 2019