Do you have some regrettable ink on your body? Dont lose hope; the tattoo can be erased through laser tattoo removal. Before technology revolutionized the cosmetic industry, tattoos were removed surgically or peeled away with chemicals.
Laser tattoo removal is a technique of erasing a tattoo virtually. From small black tattoos to big colored tattoos, laser removal gets the work done quickly and effectively. Here are things you should know before getting tattoo removal.
1. It takes time
It is a long process to take out a tattoo. The anticipated change will not happen overnight. When getting a tattoo in your skin, the artist must have told you whether it is permanent or temporary. If the answer was permanent, then you have to be patient since removing it isnt easy. It can take several months for a tattoo to fade away. How long it will take you to heal depends on the color, size, and design of the tattoo. It takes time for the skin to regeneration new particles of pigments.
2. Its expensive
Its cheaper to get a tattoo in your skin than to remove it. Several sessions characterize the removal process, and each session can cost you hundreds of dollars. But if you have made up your mind to erase it, then its worth it.
3. All ink is removable
Contrary to misconceptions that colored ink is daunting to take out, dermatologists assure that all types of inks can disappear with time. However, a laser is more attracted to dark ink, and hence it takes a shorter time to remove a dark-colored tattoo. In the past, it was troublesome to remove yellow and green colors, but with PicoSure technology, all ink can be removed.
4. Expect several sessions
It will take several sessions for your skin to heal completely. It takes an average of 8-12 sessions to erase a tattoo safely and effectively. The age of the tattoo, ink quality, skin pigments, and the tattooists skill level will determine how long it will take to heal.
Additionally, it depends on whether you want to erase the tattoo completely or intend to have the area tattooed again. It is imperative to visit a qualified dermatologist when considering tattoo removal. Some unqualified people may promise to do it faster and up permanently damaging your skin.
5. The removal may alter your skin
Getting a tattoo in your skin leads to uneven skin texture, but the effect is rarely noticed since its hidden by ink. Laser removal may leave a mark that resembles a sketch of your old tattoo. If you have a tattoo on top of another one, the doctor will schedule more sessions.
6. Sunscreen can help
Laser treatment may lighten or darken the skin pigment around the tattooed area. If the area is exposed to the sun, you may end up sustaining blisters, and they can have a detrimental effect on the healing process. Apply sunscreen to the area before and after laser removal to prevent changes in skin pigmentation.
7. Its a little bit painful
You have to prepare yourself mentally for needles. One session may take around 45 minutes. The doctor will start by cleaning the area, inject lidocaine to freeze the area, laser the tattoos, ice them, and then bandage them. You might experience an intense sensation when the laser hits the lidocaine. The pain doesnt stop when you leave the clinic. You will experience discomfort for about five days. It is normal for the site to depuff, peel and regenerate.
8. You dont have to remove it all
If you dont want to take out the whole thing, consider removing the undesired part only. Fortunately, laser removal is precise so that you can remove a small part of your tattoo, which is quicker and cheaper than having the whole thing removed.
Before undergoing the cosmetic procedure, schedule an appointment with a renowned doctor and be ready to disclose your medical history.
Originally posted here:
- Regretting a tattoo? These are your options when it comes to getting rid of it - Fashion Journal - February 19th, 2021
- My Experience Lightening and ... - Tattoos & Piercings - February 14th, 2021
- 'Britain's most tattooed woman' shows what she looks like with ink covered up - Daily Star - February 6th, 2021
- Tattoo Removal Market Trends, Comprehensive Research Study, Development Status, Opportunities, Future Demand, Competitive Landscape and Growth by... - January 22nd, 2021
- Free tattoo removal event helps give people a clean break with past - Stockton Record - January 20th, 2021
- WJFW Newswatch 12 - News From Where You Live - Rhinelander Wisconsin WJFW TV-12 - WJFW-TV - January 20th, 2021
- Kat Von D tattoo cover- up revealed: Tattoo artist shows off new ink! - HITC - Football, Gaming, Movies, TV, Music - December 18th, 2020
- Ribbon Cutting in Boca Raton: LifeGaines Medical and Aesthetics Center Will Receive the Lumenis Excellence Award at Their Ribbon Cutting Event Today... - December 17th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal Procedure, Benefits, and Risks - December 12th, 2020
- How Does Laser Tattoo Removal Work? 7 Facts You Need to Know - December 12th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal | American Society of Plastic Surgeons - December 12th, 2020
- The Best Tattoo Removalists in Canberra - The RiotACT - December 6th, 2020
- Laser tattoo removal offers hope for future - December 5th, 2020
- Laser tattoo removal offers hope for future | fox43.com - December 5th, 2020
- 7 Stars Who Had to Remove Tattoos of Their Exes, From Johnny Depp to Pete Davidson (Photos) - msnNOW - December 2nd, 2020
- The Best Laser Tattoo Removalists in Canberra - The RiotACT - November 30th, 2020
- How Much Does Tattoo Removal Cost? [2020 Price Guide] - November 12th, 2020
- 7 FAQs About Laser Tattoo Removal | Blog | Balshi Dermatology - November 12th, 2020
- The MedSpa on 5th Removes Unwanted Tattoos and Skin Blemishes with the Astanza Duality in Mount Dora, Florida - PRNewswire - November 9th, 2020
- E-dermis Magnetic Tattoo Removal An Alternative Way of Tattoo Elimination - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - November 3rd, 2020
- Understanding Laser Tattoo Removal | University of Utah Health - October 29th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How Much Lasering a Tattoo Costs and Hurts ... - October 29th, 2020
- Panacea Tattoo Removal Offers a Second Chance with Laser Tattoo Removal Featuring the Astanza Duality in Grand Junction, CO - PRNewswire - October 27th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal: From Prep to Aftercare, Heres What to Expect - HYPEBAE - October 27th, 2020
- What To Expect When You Get a Tattoo - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - October 2nd, 2020
- 9 Tips for Tattoo Removal Health Essentials from ... - September 28th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal Lasers: Types & Differences - September 28th, 2020
- These innovative regimes and therapies are worth booking well in advance - Connecticut Magazine - September 22nd, 2020
- Chinese Taxi Drivers Ordered To Remove Tattoos - INKED - September 22nd, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How to, Costs, Before and After Pictures ... - September 9th, 2020
- Tattoo removal - Mayo Clinic - September 9th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal - Swinyer-Woseth Dermatology - September 9th, 2020
- 6 Things Everyone Gets Wrong About Laser Tattoo Removal | SELF - September 9th, 2020
- How to Remove Your Unwanted Tattoo Permanently and Safely - Chiang Rai Times - August 25th, 2020
- 10 Things No One Tells You About Tattoo Removal | Glamour - August 22nd, 2020
- How To Remove A Permanent Tattoo: DIY Methods and Surgical ... - August 22nd, 2020
- Laser surgery - Wikipedia - August 22nd, 2020
- 'Erase The Mistake' effort addresses unwanted tattoos - Huntington Herald Dispatch - August 18th, 2020
- Removery's INK-nitiative Will Remove Racist and Hate Tattoos For Free - Tyler Morning Telegraph - August 12th, 2020
- Interest In Tattoo Removal High As Removery Safely Opens Its Doors - PRNewswire - July 15th, 2020
- How to Remove a Tattoo without Laser at Home - September 13th, 2019
- Tattoo removal - Wikipedia - September 13th, 2019