The moon is a symbol of female power, transition, creativity, and growth, and the deep meaning associated with it makes it an appealing subject to have inked. The magic of our earths natural satellite depends on its phases. Some women find themselves drawn to the image of a full moon, focusing on blurred boundaries and the supernatural. In contrast, others are inspired by the symbolism linked to a crescent shape, thought to represent hope and change. There are many designs to choose from, all of which can be tailored to suit your style and mindset. If you need inspiration for your next meaningful ink, weve found the best options to inspire you.
A full moon is often associated with mysticism and transition. It is a time of change, blurred boundaries, and the supernatural, and a tattoo is a great way to show off what these ideas mean to you. Women who opt for a piece like this may choose to add various other elements to the design to make it more unique. If so, then it would be beneficial to get inked on a larger area of skin to allow for detail.
Do you want to get inked with something meaningful? Perhaps you are searching for creative inspiration, or enjoy the idea of growth and attainment? If so, then a half-moon tattoo may be just what you need. It is a beautiful design for a woman to ink, especially if she wants an option that issymbolic of what she is going through in life. Your piece can also be interpreted as a way of letting go or can represent balance since it is between the waxing and waning phases.
The crescent moon is a beautiful tattoo, especially for those who favor small, simple designs. The size of the piece makes it a popular choice; it is delicate and would look good on the wrist, behind the ear, or the ankle. That said, the beauty of this shape is that you can get it inked anywhere on your body. It is not just the design that makes it an appealing option, though, but also the symbolism. This particular lunar phase is linked to change and hope. If these qualities inspire you, your ink can serve as a reminder of the developments your life is going through.
One of the reasons moon tattoos are so popular among women is because the astronomical object is often associated with femininity and fertility. It can be a meaningful symbol for a tattoo, and the different phases can represent various things. The cycles of the moon can be a powerful image to get inked because they symbolize growth and can be linked to birth, death, and reincarnation. This idea will inspire individuals who contemplate their mortality or the cyclical nature of time. Plus, you will find it makes for some seriously cool body art!
A sun and moon tattoo is a design that not only looks great but is also rich in symbolism. You can view it as a coming together of opposites, a sort of yin and yang symbol that represents two opposing forces. These could include femininity and masculinity, good and evil, and life and death. If you are dealing with a problem or find that your life is not in harmony, this would be a fantastic choice.
When deciding to get inked with any body art, you will find you are not just inspired by the cool design but also the symbolism associated with it. Your decision to get a sun, moon and the stars tattoo will be unique to you because there are so many ways to interpret the meaning behind these images. A common interpretation is the idea of family. The moon represents femininity, while the sun is masculine, and the stars can be seen as children. Others prefer to view the combination of these three elements as something whimsical and magical. It can also be as simple as the balance between night and day.
The moon and stars are two things that are often represented together and make for an attractive tattoo option. These celestial symbols can be viewed as powerful forces and can convey spirituality or hope by providing light in the night sky. A popular interpretation of these images is the moon as a mother figure and the stars as her children. If you want to honor your loved ones or the birth of your babies, this could be a beautiful, abstract way to do that.
There are various different designs and interpretations for what the moon represents, and your creativity is your limit. You can combine several elements, creating large, detailed pieces, or you could go for the smaller option. Many women love small moon tattoos because they are delicate and feminine and can be inked anywhere on the body. You can get a design on your wrist or finger, for example, and be able to view it every day as a reminder of what the ink means to you.
What better way to show your fondness for someone than to say it? Or, in this case, get a quote of your affections inked onto your body. The I Love You to the Moon and Back tattoo option is a beautiful way to indicate just how deeply you care about someone. It can be interpreted as your love is infinite, despite being able to measure the distance to the moon. The words in this piece say it all, but you can also get creative with the images, adding stars or even a little rocket ship.
The beauty of simple moon tattoos is that the design works well when its kept basic. We know you do not need a large, overly detailed piece to get inked with something meaningful to you, which is why minimalistic pieces have become such a popular option for body art. This style focuses on the essential elements of the design and is often completed in black ink, without shading or detail. Not only is this an inexpensive way to get inked, but it also means you will endure minimal discomfort during your tattoo session.
The combination of a wolf and a moon together can make a powerful statement. On its own, the canine can symbolize loyalty and family, but also spiritual guidance. There are many legends involving wolves and the lunar cycles; the animal is often thought to howl at the moon, especially when its full, and this can represent a time of darkness and mystery. In Native American culture, the predator is connected to the afterlife. A tattoo like this could indicate your thoughts on mortality or honor those who have passed.
A black moon could be the absence of a full moon, or it could indicate the presence of an additional new moon in a season. The phenomenon is rare, only occurring once every 33 months, and therefore making the concept both exciting and mysterious. Individuals who keep up to date with the cycles of the earths natural satellite may find this is a fantastic option for body art. Others may interpret the meaning more abstractly, focusing on darkness. Whatever you decide, it will be a piece that looks great and should be somewhere you can see it!
Moon designs tend to be done with black ink, but color pieces can also make a statement, especially when there is deep meaning behind them. The blood moon is a reddish shade, and it becomes this way during a total lunar eclipse. It is linked to the mystery and associated with a religious apocalypse or a sense of doom. Individuals who choose to get a tattoo of this design are often spiritual or interested in astronomy, the latter of which takes on a much more positive symbolism. Astrologers believe it could represent a deeper understanding of ourselves or could serve as a time of reflection.
Fans of Pink Floyd will already be familiar with the dark side of the moon, and the exciting cover art from their eighth studio album makes for a fantastic tattoo. The design shows a spectrum of light entering a prism and coming out as a rainbow. It is bold and will grab peoples attention. Plus, there are many different ways to interpret this piece. If you want ink that is going to become a conversation starter, then this is the choice for you!
If you want a design that celebrates feminine power, then the triple moon tattoo will appeal to you. The images represent the different phases of the moon, waxing, full, and waning, and is a pagan and Wiccan symbol that is used to portray the idea of the Triple Goddess. The elements of this piece are the Maiden, Mother, and Crone, each of which symbolizes a moment in time and the female life cycle. Its not hard to see why it would be a fantastic body art choice for any woman!
In Native American culture, the dreamcatcher is a protective talisman used to safeguard individuals from bad dreams and negative thoughts. The moon represents brightness and hope, as it provides light in the night sky. Perhaps this can be interpreted as yet another way to keep us safe from bad omens. The combination of the two symbols makes for detailed design, one which would look good on a larger placement option. A popular choice is a forearm or thigh.
There are different meanings attached to the moon, and depending on the phases and other elements you choose to include, your ink will be deeply personal. The style in which you create your design is also worth considering, and hyper-realistic pieces are gaining popularity. The added dimension of this artwork makes it come to life on your skin and will have people doing a double-take. It is essential to get a tattoo artist who specializes in realism to ensure that your ink is as close to the real thing as possible.
A black cat sitting on a crescent moon is a well-known image, often indicating witchcraft. This particular phase of the lunar cycle is associated with transition and the idea that life is continuously changing. On the other hand, felines, especially dark ones, are thought to be the favored pet of witches. If you choose this tattoo, it can represent luck, mystery, or even death. When these symbols are combined, it makes for an attractive and also feminine piece.
Mandala tattoos are created using a series of shapes and symbols, and the intricate details tend to represent harmony and balance. They can be stunning to look at and designed in several ways. That said, the moon is an incredibly important symbol in Buddhism. The combination then of this style of design, and the lunar image, can indicate enlightenment. It is a great way to ink something beautiful, but also thought-provoking.
The combination of a moon and rose may seem unusual, but it is a beautiful tattoo option. The flower is a balance between beauty and pain; it is appealing to look at, but the thorns cause harm. The bloom is associated with many things, including new beginnings. The addition of a natural satellite then only serves to add to this symbolism, enhancing the idea of growth, change, and transition. The overall look of this piece is also very feminine. It a lovely option for a woman who is in tune with her female power!
The symbolism behind a moon tattoo is vast and depends on the kind of moon. Generally, the moon is a female symbol representing eternity, the passage of time, and the dark side of nature. It's also a symbol of the soul in astrology. A crescent moon, however, has additional meaning because it represents a time of transition. Waxing moons stand for growth and creativity, while the waning moon shows release and reflection. There are also various religious and belief groups who associate additional meaning to this celestial body.
A sun and moon tattoo shows contrast or contradiction. It's femininity versus masculinity, dark versus light, and beauty versus strength, and it can represent both equilibrium and imbalance, depending on the intention. However, it can make a great tattoo pair, where one person gets the moon, and the other the sun. Different cultures also asocial different meanings to each, such as the idea of Yin and Yang in Chinese philosophy.
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously
Go here to see the original:
- 10 of the best talented Calgary tattoo artists to get inked by | Curated - Daily Hive - March 8th, 2021
- CURTIS HONEYCUTT: With friends like these ... | Features | albanyherald.com - The Albany Herald - February 17th, 2021
- Stephen Bear branded sick by fans for pretending girlfriend was pregnant with twins with scan ripped off Goo - The Sun - February 10th, 2021
- Local tattoo shops see increase in business as the COVID-19 pandemic continues - The Morning Sun - February 7th, 2021
- Nagaland Locals Shift House On Foot, Watch Video: Trending Topics, Viral Videos and Funny Memes of The Day - LatestLY - February 7th, 2021
- Justice League's Snyder Cut Is Fixing The Most Hated Part Of Leto's Joker - Screen Rant - February 4th, 2021
- Anderson: Sarasota fugitive still running, only now the chase is on to catch him - Sarasota Herald-Tribune - January 30th, 2021
- Married teacher found guilty of having sex with student in a field - Yahoo News Australia - January 30th, 2021
- 23 Fun Long Nail Designs to Copy in 2021 - The Trend Spotter - January 30th, 2021
- One Of The Proud Boys Who Stormed The Capitol Had Instructions For Making Guns And Bombs In His Home, FBI Says - BuzzFeed News - January 30th, 2021
- These Amazing Quilters Will Inspire You To Take Up A New Pandemic Hobby - HuffPost Canada - January 30th, 2021
- Tattoo industry striving to safely ink their way through pandemic - KXXV News Channel 25 - January 25th, 2021
- Former Xbox, SEGA, And EA Head Peter Moore Returns To Gaming - Screen Rant - January 22nd, 2021
- Feds: Man arrested near US Capitol had truckload of weapons - Daily Mountain Eagle - January 15th, 2021
- Tattoo artists share 6 of their favorite designs to ink, and 5 they don't really like - Yahoo News - January 12th, 2021
- US Capitol riot: the myths behind the tattoos worn by 'QAnon shaman' Jake Angeli - The Conversation UK - January 12th, 2021
- The Myths Behind the Tattoos Worn by 'QAnon Shaman' Jake Angeli - Snopes.com - January 12th, 2021
- Khanyi Mbaus racy tattoo has got the timeline buzzing - All4Women - January 12th, 2021
- Records: Alabama man on bond arrested after Capitol riot - Daily Mountain Eagle - January 12th, 2021
- How Memorial Tattoos Can Help With The Grieving Process - HuffPost - January 9th, 2021
- A radish in a tutu walking a dog? This AI can draw it really well - ABC17News.com - January 9th, 2021
- Stefflon Don Shows Off Upper Thigh Tattoo In Gucci Swimsuit During Ghana Vacation - The Inquisitr - January 9th, 2021
- George Gerdes, Bosch and Girl With the Dragon Tattoo actor, dies at 72 - Yahoo Entertainment - January 5th, 2021
- Taking a look at the Most Useful Android Apps - Programming Insider - January 5th, 2021
- Suspects charged in connection with Steelton shooting - PennLive - January 5th, 2021
- Skin in the game: why getting a tattoo helped me achieve my goals - The Guardian - January 3rd, 2021
- How the Networks Will Fill Airtime on a Quiet New Years Eve - The New York Times - December 31st, 2020
- Why Werent We All Invited To Neymars New Years Eve Party? - The18 - December 31st, 2020
- Mars is revealing its angel, devil and heart "tattoos" as ice melts at its south pole - SYFY WIRE - December 27th, 2020
- Turn Your RPG Character's Into Inked Showcases With The Tome of Mystical Tattoos - TheGamer - December 27th, 2020
- Bloke asks for his mums advice on what tattoo to get and takes her answer WAY too seriously - The Irish Sun - December 23rd, 2020
- Bloke asks for his mums advice on what tattoo to get and takes her answer WAY too seriously - The Sun - December 21st, 2020
- Cyberpunk 2077: The Face Tattoos, Ranked - TheGamer - December 17th, 2020
- The 25 Best Latin Songs of 2020: Staff Picks - Billboard - December 17th, 2020
- Cardi B Is Being Sued For The Use Of A Tattoo On Her Album Cover - mit inc - December 12th, 2020
- This Mom Tattooed Her Toddler & We're Actually On Board With It - Yahoo Lifestyle - December 12th, 2020
- Inked for The Very First Time: Madonna shares behind-the-scenes photos of first tattoo at 62 - The Independent - December 9th, 2020
- Keke Palmer Showcases Upper Thigh Tattoo In Tiny Plaid Dress & Leather Knee-High Boots - The Inquisitr - December 8th, 2020
- Sophie Turner shares a never-before-seen photo with Joe Jonas from her pregnancy - Insider - INSIDER - December 6th, 2020
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Or Memphis Depay Or Sergio Ramos: Whos Got The Best Tattoo On Their Back? - IWMBuzz - December 3rd, 2020
- Oliver Peck Net Worth | What is Tattoo Artist Oliver Peck's Net Worth? - The Cinemaholic - December 2nd, 2020
- Rulers of the Upper Realm, Thunderbirds Are Powerful Native Spirits - National Audubon Society - December 1st, 2020
- Through Positive Eyes: living with HIV and Aids - a photo essay - The Guardian - December 1st, 2020
- A Life On Our Planet: 10 Behind The Scenes Facts You Need To Know - Screen Rant - November 27th, 2020
- Lockdown-defying tattoo shop raided for second time as owner wrongly cites Magna Carta - The Samford Crimson - November 27th, 2020
- EndSARS Protester Inscribes Tattoo On His Chest To Commemorate The Killing Of Nigerians At The Lekki Toll Gate (Photos) - GH Gossip - November 21st, 2020
- Born into occupation, young Afghans fear the Taliban will crush their freedoms when US troops exit - The Bakersfield Californian - November 21st, 2020
- David Fincher: Studios don't want to make anything that can't make billions - FOX 28 Spokane - November 20th, 2020
- BEST PLACES TO GET TATTOOS ON YOUR BODY - Artvoice - November 16th, 2020
- David Fincher: Studios don't want to make anything that can't make billions - lcbcradio.com - November 16th, 2020
- Family Fun: Rocking joy into the world with vibrantly painted rocks - The Spokesman-Review - November 16th, 2020
- The Inconclusive World of Tattoos in the Workplace - Fordham Observer - November 12th, 2020
- Police issue CCTV images of three men over incident on train via Dalmuir - Clydebank Post - November 12th, 2020
- Images released of men after rammy on board Glasgow train - Glasgow Times - November 11th, 2020
- 'I'd been avoiding looking at myself': Breast cancer survivors reveal how mastectomy tattoos changed them - 7NEWS.com.au - November 11th, 2020
- Red Notice: Ryan Reynolds Edits Young Versions of Him & Dwayne Johnson Into Image - Screen Rant - October 31st, 2020
- The Weeknd Likes to Keep a Lot of Things a Mystery Potential Tattoos Included - POPSUGAR - October 30th, 2020
- MAGNUM To Release Special Album, Dance Of The Black Tattoo, In January - bravewords.com - October 24th, 2020
- Images released of suspect in four North York break-and-enters - Toronto Sun - October 23rd, 2020
- 25 Carefree Bird Tattoos for Men in 2020 - The Trend Spotter - October 16th, 2020
- Before They Were Tatted: 10 Rockers Before + After Their Tattoos - Loudwire - October 14th, 2020
- Perthshire farm worker posing as teen rumbled in online paedophile trap by tattoo of his own name - The Courier - October 10th, 2020
- V,I, Council on the Arts celebrated Arts and Humanities Month - Virgin Islands Daily News - October 9th, 2020
- First fossil feather found belonged to this dinosaur - Deccan Herald - October 6th, 2020
- True Meaning behind Paris Jackson & Godfather Macaulay Culkin's Matching Spoon Tattoos - AmoMama - October 6th, 2020
- Artists Quarantine With Their Art Collections - Hyperallergic - October 4th, 2020
- Survivors, First Responders Use Tattoos To Cover Scars From The Route 91 Shooting - KNPR - October 2nd, 2020
- First Fossil Feather Ever Found Belonged to This Dinosaur - The New York Times - September 30th, 2020
- Dolly Parton Addresses Those Tattoo Rumors, Reveals the Moving Reason Behind Her Tasteful Ink - Yahoo Entertainment - September 24th, 2020
- Chinese city orders taxi drivers to remove tattoos (for the women and children) - bdnews24.com - September 24th, 2020
- Chinese city orders taxi drivers to remove tattoos for the women and children - Deccan Herald - September 22nd, 2020
- People are getting coronavirus-themed tattoos of masks, toilet paper - Insider - INSIDER - September 20th, 2020
- Surveillance Images Show Denver Burglar Who Has 25 Tattooed On Forehead - CBS Denver - September 18th, 2020
- The Black Lives Matter Movement Will Change the Future of Tattooing - Yahoo Lifestyle - September 10th, 2020
- Conroe man hit with huge 60-year sentence - Woodlands Online - September 9th, 2020
- Daytonian of the Week lets her artwork tell the story it wants to communicate - dayton.com - September 9th, 2020
- Artist selected to paint mural on Garrett City Hall - KPCnews.com - September 8th, 2020
- How to deal with your negative inner voice when running - The Irish Times - September 7th, 2020
- Jada Kingdom Shows Off Tattoo Of Boyfriends Name On Her Neck - DancehallMag - September 6th, 2020
- Jungkook Reveals New Tattoo With Meaning That Warms The BTS Army's Hearts - Talent Recap - September 2nd, 2020