While no one wants a bad tattoo, they are no longer the life sentences they once were.Usinglaser technology over the course of several sessionsanddepending on arangeofotherfactorstattoos can be effectivelyand permanently removed for prices ranging from $400 to $5,000 USD.
Agood rule of thumbwithin theUS tattooindustry is that it costs approximately10 times as much to remove a tattoo as it does to get the ink in the first place.
While there area number ofdifferent methods that have been used to remove tattoos in the past, by far the most popular and effective is laser tattoo removal.In the hands of a professional,laser treatments can completely remove tattoosover time,leaving none of the scarring or permanent discoloration associated with other methods, such assurgical removal anddermabrasion.
Laserremoval method works by utilizing the high energy light beams of a laser and blasting the tattoo with these charged light particles. The laser penetrates beneath the epidermis,where it slowly breaks up the ink into tiny particles that are thenabsorbed by the body.
When considering laser removal many people are also concerned about the level of paincaused bythe procedure. While there is no doubt that pain is part of the process, thecommon misconception that it is excruciating is a bit overblown. Patients often report the sensation being akin to a strong rubberband repeatedly snapped on the same spot, or even bacon grease splatter.Local anesthesia is usually available as well.
If the price of laser removal is determined by the number of sessions required, how do we figure out how many sessions will be needed?
There are arange offactors that technicians use to determine a course of action,and to gain a rough idea about the number of treatments that will be requiredto eliminate unwanted tattoos.
First,is theFitzpatrick Skin TypeScalethat is used to determine skintype (1-6) based on skin tone before sun exposure,hair and eyecolor.
The next determining factor is whether theink is layered, meaning if it is a cover up of another tattoo.
Thelocation on the bodyis also important since skin reacts differentlytothe laser depending on exposure to the sun.
Ink colorsare also important when considering laser removal. Different colors react differently to the laser process: turquoise is notoriously difficult to remove because the wavelengthsof the laser light can often miss these tones.
Theamount of inkapplied is usually characterized by vividness in a piece; the denser the ink the more sessions requiredto breakit up.
Anyexisting scarringwillalsoneed to betaken into account,as this damaged skin can react differently to laser treatments.
Finally, thesizeof the piece is an obvious determining factor.
All ofthesedifferent variablesat play in the process of laser tattoo removal are unified in what is called theKirby-Desai scale.While this metric was created in 2009, and laser technology has advanced in that time, it is still an incredible useful tool and regularly employed in laser removal clinics.
Laser tattoo removal was once a specialty industry with only a handful of offices around the country, but now there are dozens of practitioners that operate in citiesall acrossthe United States.Many offices offer minimum price optionsas a way togive prospective clients an idea of how much the procedure will cost.
One popular option is called an R20 method. The R stands for rapid, and 20 represents the20 minutesessions, with 20 minutes of rest between each of the four sessions. Clinical studies have shown that one R20 procedure can reduce black ink tattoos up to 70% from their initiallevels. Many peopleprefer this rapid procedure and the fact that four sessions are completed in one day, as opposedtovisitsspaced outover the course of weeks.
Many clinics offer this procedure with a single session costing around $150 (note that each R20 procedure involves 4 sessions.)This process will likely only be able to clear small tattoos in a singleR20 procedure, and the other factors on the Kirby-Desai scale will undoubtedlyaffect the final price.
Laser removal in Australia isabout half the price(although fluctuations in currency conversion can change this) as in the United States, with single sessions ranging from $90 AUD($53.50 USD)to $250 AUD($148.05 USD) with multiple sessions often being required to fully clear a piece.Laser removal in the United Kingdom tends to be slightlyhigher than in the United States (once again see currency fluctuations) with a single session for a medium sized tattoo costing about 200.
As with any laser removal procedure these prices are guidelines and the different factors determining thetotal number of sessions required must betaken into account.
Tattoos have held an outsiderallure thanks in large part to the different subcultures that have adopted them, but deeper than that is the ideaofabsolute permanence. There are countless stories of regret in the world of tattoos. According to a 2015 Harris Poll, of the 45 million-plus Americans that have tattoos, 23% report some level of regret over their decision.
The most common tattoos cited for causing remorse are names of other people (almost always a former partner). Other people decide to get tattoos in times of youthful rebellion, only realizinglaterthat ink they were sure they would love for the rest of their life is not as attractive 20 years down the road. Still others received tattoos as gang affiliations, both on the streets and in prison. Theywish to leave their previous life behindbut cannot do so effectively thanks to their inkand the lifestyle it symbolizes.
There are numerous different reasons to remove tattoosjust about as many reasons as there are to get tattoos in the first placeand now, thanks to advances in modern technology no one needs to live their life with ink that they regret.
So how do you know if laser removal is for you? The first step is to find a clinic in your area andmake contact withtheir office. They will either schedule an appointment or you can send photosthat will help them to formulate a game plan that is specific you and your ink.It is important to follow laser removal specialists directions regarding preparation and post-treatment care, asskin conditionboth before and afterare importantin orderto ensure an effective procedure.
As we can see, tattoos are no longer the permanent reminders to past mistakes that they once were. Thanks to the continued development of laser removal technology,no onehas tolive with ugly tattoos that commemorate memories that are betterforgotten.While laser tattoo removal isnt cheap, it is permanent, so once the tattoo is gone, it is gone for good.
Read this article:
- Regretting a tattoo? These are your options when it comes to getting rid of it - Fashion Journal - February 19th, 2021
- My Experience Lightening and ... - Tattoos & Piercings - February 14th, 2021
- 'Britain's most tattooed woman' shows what she looks like with ink covered up - Daily Star - February 6th, 2021
- Tattoo Removal Market Trends, Comprehensive Research Study, Development Status, Opportunities, Future Demand, Competitive Landscape and Growth by... - January 22nd, 2021
- Free tattoo removal event helps give people a clean break with past - Stockton Record - January 20th, 2021
- WJFW Newswatch 12 - News From Where You Live - Rhinelander Wisconsin WJFW TV-12 - WJFW-TV - January 20th, 2021
- Kat Von D tattoo cover- up revealed: Tattoo artist shows off new ink! - HITC - Football, Gaming, Movies, TV, Music - December 18th, 2020
- Ribbon Cutting in Boca Raton: LifeGaines Medical and Aesthetics Center Will Receive the Lumenis Excellence Award at Their Ribbon Cutting Event Today... - December 17th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal Procedure, Benefits, and Risks - December 12th, 2020
- How Does Laser Tattoo Removal Work? 7 Facts You Need to Know - December 12th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal | American Society of Plastic Surgeons - December 12th, 2020
- The Best Tattoo Removalists in Canberra - The RiotACT - December 6th, 2020
- Laser tattoo removal offers hope for future - December 5th, 2020
- Laser tattoo removal offers hope for future | fox43.com - December 5th, 2020
- 7 Stars Who Had to Remove Tattoos of Their Exes, From Johnny Depp to Pete Davidson (Photos) - msnNOW - December 2nd, 2020
- The Best Laser Tattoo Removalists in Canberra - The RiotACT - November 30th, 2020
- 7 FAQs About Laser Tattoo Removal | Blog | Balshi Dermatology - November 12th, 2020
- The MedSpa on 5th Removes Unwanted Tattoos and Skin Blemishes with the Astanza Duality in Mount Dora, Florida - PRNewswire - November 9th, 2020
- E-dermis Magnetic Tattoo Removal An Alternative Way of Tattoo Elimination - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - November 3rd, 2020
- Understanding Laser Tattoo Removal | University of Utah Health - October 29th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How Much Lasering a Tattoo Costs and Hurts ... - October 29th, 2020
- Panacea Tattoo Removal Offers a Second Chance with Laser Tattoo Removal Featuring the Astanza Duality in Grand Junction, CO - PRNewswire - October 27th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal: From Prep to Aftercare, Heres What to Expect - HYPEBAE - October 27th, 2020
- What To Expect When You Get a Tattoo - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - October 2nd, 2020
- 9 Tips for Tattoo Removal Health Essentials from ... - September 28th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal Lasers: Types & Differences - September 28th, 2020
- What You Need to Know Before Tattoo Removal - - RushPRnews.com - September 26th, 2020
- These innovative regimes and therapies are worth booking well in advance - Connecticut Magazine - September 22nd, 2020
- Chinese Taxi Drivers Ordered To Remove Tattoos - INKED - September 22nd, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How to, Costs, Before and After Pictures ... - September 9th, 2020
- Tattoo removal - Mayo Clinic - September 9th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal - Swinyer-Woseth Dermatology - September 9th, 2020
- 6 Things Everyone Gets Wrong About Laser Tattoo Removal | SELF - September 9th, 2020
- How to Remove Your Unwanted Tattoo Permanently and Safely - Chiang Rai Times - August 25th, 2020
- 10 Things No One Tells You About Tattoo Removal | Glamour - August 22nd, 2020
- How To Remove A Permanent Tattoo: DIY Methods and Surgical ... - August 22nd, 2020
- Laser surgery - Wikipedia - August 22nd, 2020
- 'Erase The Mistake' effort addresses unwanted tattoos - Huntington Herald Dispatch - August 18th, 2020
- Removery's INK-nitiative Will Remove Racist and Hate Tattoos For Free - Tyler Morning Telegraph - August 12th, 2020
- Interest In Tattoo Removal High As Removery Safely Opens Its Doors - PRNewswire - July 15th, 2020
- How to Remove a Tattoo without Laser at Home - September 13th, 2019
- Tattoo removal - Wikipedia - September 13th, 2019