Which standout products have our expert judges deemed to be winners this year? The results are in...
Get The Gloss is proud to reveal the winners of our Beauty and Wellness Awards 2020. These standout heroes of a most unusual year have been handpicked by our panel of expert judges across 30 categories in beauty and wellbeing.
After rigorous testing, our panel has narrowed down hundreds of entries to the following worthy winners, a list which reflects the changing role that beauty and wellness has had in our lives in 2020.
Congratulations to all the winners, you can download your shareable assets with this link.
This category recognises skincare products formulated to tackle the first signs of ageing or support mature skin serums, intensive treatments, boosters, anti-ageing creams, masks, moisturisers and eye creams.
"With masses of clinical data behind it, this delivers rapid and long term improvements to the eye area, the part of the face that is often people's first concern in the age well category," says judge Dr Sophie Shotter.
Silver: Bioeffect 30 Day Treatment, 210Bronze: Votary Intense Overnight Mask, 85
"I noticed immediate benefits, my skin looks radiant and feels smooth. It makes a great base for makeup as well as having skin-enhancing ingredients such as lactic acid," says judge Dr Sophie Shotter.
Silver: Chantecaille Radiance Elixir, 198Bronze: Scientia Peach & Glow Hydra Tonic, 24
Such a good all-rounder, especially if your skin is misbehaving. When your skin is inflamed and cross theres nothing in this that will irritate and it feels like a second skin," says judge Madeleine Spencer.
Silver: Medik8 Crystal Retinal, 39Bronze: Cetraben Cream, 8.49
"The scent of this bath oil transformed my bathroom and I slept incredibly well after using it. It looks nice in your bathroom too. says judge Adrienne LDN.
Silver: Dr. Hauschka Shower Cream, 12Bronze: Goldfaden MD Doctor's Body Scrub, 75
"Luxe, rich and hydrating with a fresh unisex scent and sustainability in mind, this rich formula is uplifting and sinks in beautifully," says judge Cher Webb.
Silver: Oskia Renaissance Body Scrub, 48Bronze: Amanda Harrington Illuminating Bronzing Body Mousse, 36
"I used this all summer. Its mineral and completely invisible whatever your skin tone. Its so lightweight I often forget Im wearing it," says judge George Northwood.
Silver: Skingredients Skin Shield SPF 50 PA+++, 39.99Bronze: Boots Soltan Once Advanced 8hr Protect Lotion SPF50+, 10
"The science behind this FDA cleared device is real for stimulating collagen and achieving firmer tighter skin. It feels like a treat to use," says judge Dr Sophie Shotter
Silver: CurrentBody The Neck and Dec Protector, 260Bronze: Hayou Beauty Restorer Rose Precision, 30
"The texture and smell of this cleanser are beautiful and my skin feels clean and balanced. This new diverse brand is full of integrity too," says Ateh Jewel.
Silver: Seoulista Beauty Magic Cleanse, 14.99Bronze: Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel, 35
"This organic oil has wonderful texture its not at all heavy and unusually for a face oil, you can you can apply makeup over it quickly. It preps the skin up beautifully, a clear winner," says judge Sarah Vine.
Silver: D'Alchemy Intense Skin Repair Oil, 50.80Bronze: Lumity Skin Nutrients Facial Oil, 60
"This tinted moisturiser goes on really easily and smoothly. It doesnt change the texture of your skin much but just lifts a little bit so your skin looks perfect. I absolutely adore it, the colours are great, I highly recommend it," says judge Mary Greenwell
Silver: Morphe 2 Hint Hint Skin Tint, 16Bronze: Glossier Cloud Paint, 15
"Arch Rival genuinely speeds up makeup time if you already fill in your brows. The three prongs make it three times as quick. It distributes just the right amount of colour and looks very natural," says judge Madeleine Spencer.
Silver: Glossier Boy Brow, 14 Bronze: Eylure Dybrow, 6
"This is the right lash for every occasion, by night you can coat it with mascara and it completely changes the game. The most comfortable set of lashes I've ever worn, I forget I've got them on," says judge Keshia East.
Silver: Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Push Up Lashes Mascara, 23Bronze: RapidLash Eyelash Enhancing Serum, 39.99
"There is nothing else like it, even if it weren't a lash glue I really rate it as an eye liner. Lash glues can be such a pet peeve but this ticks all the boxes as well as being a really good eyeliner," says judge Keshia East.
Silver: Elf Cosmetics Liquid Glitter Eyeshadow, 5Bronze: KVD Vegan Beauty Tattoo Liner, 14.40
"12 incredible shades that work with every skin tone. The quality is amazing for the price. The sturdy double ended brush alone is a winner," says judge Cher Webb.
Silver: Charlotte Tilbury Instant Eye Palette Pillow Talk, 60Bronze: Code8 Iconoclast Eyeshadow Palette, 45
"The magnetic case is great and the lipstick has staying power as well as a light texture and feels very comfortable to wear, says judge Mary Greenwell.
Silver: Dr Paw Paw Original Balm, 6.95Bronze: Code8 AM/PM Tinted Lip Balm, 24
"If I was stuck on a desert island and could only have one product this would be it. For someone who uses ten hair products a day that's a big statement! I love that it's plant-powered and it's proof that you don't have to sacrifice quality when being kind to the planet," says judge Keshia East
Silver: Imbue Curl Restoring Intensive Mask, 12.99Bronze: Maui Moisture Curl Quench + Coconut Oil Curl Smoothie, 5.99
"With two styling brush attachments, this is very of the moment to give that expensive blown-out look, which is where hair is going right now," says judge George Northwood.
Silver: Living Proof Full Dry Volume Blast, 25Bronze: Trepadora Papaya Slip Taming Potion, 18
"I love the ethos of this sustainable brand. Its sulfate-free, which is important for protecting colour and vegan, which I look for when choosing products," says judge George Northwood.
Silver: Fudge Professional Clean Blonde Damage Rewind Violet Toning Shampoo, 15Bronze: Maria Nila Colour Refresh, 20.99
"This is a beautiful mask that goes one step further as a self-care destress ritual. It smells beautiful and makes hair feel soft, silky and hydrated and as a bonus it supports tiger conservation," says judge Dr Tara Swart.
Silver: Nereus London Australian Buddha Wood & Bergamot Shampoo, 25Bronze: Centred. En Root Scalp Treatment, 36
This is something you can do for yourself on any part of the body that is tense, puffy or sluggish. It leaves you feeling energised, improves your mood, and knocks you right back into your body - it's easy to become disconnected especially when you are on a screen all day. If you have a sore back or shoulders and can't get a massage this is the next best thing. I would give this to anyone I loved and tell them you need this!' says judge Madeleine Spencer.
Silver: Crabtree & Evelyn Sundown Candle, 49Bronze: Olverum Restful Sleep Pillow Mist, 25
"During lockdown, I really leaned in to colour and turning up the volume. I love a red nail and this polish is one of my favourites," says judge Ateh Jewel.
Silver: Olay Regenerist 3 Point Firming Anti-Ageing Cream Moisturiser, 15.74Bronze: Malin + Goetz Eucalyptus Deodorant, 19
"The pigments in these velvety lip shades are really rich, especially the pencils, as pencils can often look wishy washy on darker skin. Seychelles is a lovely raspberry which pops on dark skin," says judge Ateh Jewel.
Silver: Bea Skincare Brightening Serum, from 54Bronze: Tropic Sun Day Facial UV Defence, 24
"The perfect pocket-sized palette that fits in your handbag with shades to take you from day to night," says judge Cher Webb.
Silver: Nuddy Ultra Volume Blow Dry Shampoo Bar, 8.95Bronze: WooWoo Tame it!, 6.75
"This is like nothing Ive ever seen, a futuristic and fun piece of technology that gives you an entire spa facial experience at home," says judge Susannah Taylor.
Silver: War Paint for Men, The Ultimate Set, 143Bronze: Legology Cellu-Lite Plan, 99.50
"It smells divine, blends well into the water, is relaxing and invigorating depending on the time of day. Bath oils are totally luxurious and this ticks all the boxes," says judge Mary Greenwell.
Silver: Dr Levy Booster Serum, 280Bronze: Deborah Mitchell Black Bee Venom Mask, 163
"A real 360-degree approach to sustainable beauty thats affordable, innovative and modern," says judge Susannah Taylor
Silver: REN Clean Skincare Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream, 36Bronze: Cloud Nine hair straighteners free Recycling Scheme
"The ingredients cover the entire range of whats needed for immunity such as vitamin C, Vitamin D , B vitamins and zinc: not just the basics but well-chosen specifics such as turmeric, adaptogenic mushrooms and probiotics too. It's doctor-formulated and an intelligent response to what's going on in the world, says judge Dr Tara Swart.
Silver: Healthspan Opti-CBD, 26.95Bronze: Equi Original Formula, 50
"Uplifting, highly customisable, very ethical and affordable, great for all ages. A modern take on aromatherapy that also looks great in your bathroom, says judge Sarah Vine.
Silver: MonpureBronze: Spots & Stripes
"My baby has very dry skin and I use this on her face, hair and all over her skin after a bath. It is the first oil I have found that's not sticky or greasy. I use it on myself too. I love that its natural, just a single ingredient, and benefits communities in Ghana where it's made, says judge Pooja Patel.
Silver: Burt's Bees Baby Diaper Ointment, 8.99Bronze: Pura Baby Pura Eco Wipes, from 18.24 for 10 packs of 70 wipes
"Carolines incredible NHS morale boost was a huge feat of organisation. She corralled all the beauty experts she knew to give 1000 hours of their time for beauty consultations to the NHS workers who were putting their lives at risk for us. Caroline, you are our hero," says judge Susannah Taylor.
Silver: Joe Wicks, PE with Joe Bronze: Millie Kendall MBE, CEO of the British Beauty Council
Congratulations to all the winners, you can download your shareable assets with this link.
Continue reading here:
- Tinkerbell with tattoos, inked Incredibles; Disney to allow visible tattoos on cast members - WKRG News 5 - April 19th, 2021
- The Ron Swanson Mistake You Never Noticed In Parks And Recreation - Looper - April 4th, 2021
- Ireland Baldwin Reveals Creative Use For David Bowie Tattoo - The Inquisitr News - April 4th, 2021
- Watch Travis Barkers Daughter Alabama Cover Up His Face Tattoos With Makeup - menshealth.com - April 4th, 2021
- Is There KVD Beauty Without Kat Von D? - The Business of Fashion - March 8th, 2021
- What Is Microshading? Heres What To Know About the No-Maintenance, Feathery Brows Everyones Talking About - Well+Good - March 8th, 2021
- Jennifer Aniston finally reveals the meaning behind her '11 11' wrist tattoo - Cosmopolitan UK - March 8th, 2021
- Popular new makeup products to try in 2021 - Belfast Live - February 19th, 2021
- Woman Reacts To Seeing Boyfriend For First Time Without Tattoo-Covered Face - BroBible - February 19th, 2021
- Test Pattern Director Shatara Michelle Ford on Making Their First Film and Being Emotionally Truthful - TheStranger.com - February 19th, 2021
- Here's Why Jeffree Star's 'Delicious' Neck Tattoo Is One Of His Favorites - TheThings - February 17th, 2021
- Blue Light Body Arts to open on the bricks in spring - Hays Daily News - February 17th, 2021
- Exploring the ever-diminishing returns of the Crow franchise - The Spool - February 14th, 2021
- 'Justice League': Check out Jared Leto's freaky Joker in the trailer for Zack Snyder's new HBO Max cut - USA TODAY - February 14th, 2021
- JUSTICE LEAGUE Director Zack Snyder Addresses Absence Of The Joker's SUICIDE SQUAD Tattoos In The Snyder Cut - CBM (Comic Book Movie) - February 11th, 2021
- Zack Snyder explains why Joker's tattoos were removed in Justice League - Explica - February 11th, 2021
- How TikTok communists are reclaiming the hammer and sickle - i-D - February 11th, 2021
- Why Leto's Joker Doesn't Have His "Damaged" Tattoo In Justice League - Screen Rant - February 10th, 2021
- Site of the day: Want a tattoo? You have to download this app - Explica - February 10th, 2021
- Salma Hayek Shows off Chest Tattoos for New Movie 'Bliss' - PopCulture.com - February 7th, 2021
- The rise of beauty enhancements and Maya Darwiche - Sunrise News - February 7th, 2021
- The eyes have it: Above-the-mask makeup sees pandemic surge - CBC.ca - February 7th, 2021
- BB14 promo: Salman Khan schools Abhinav for his choice of words; asks if he's 'going in the right direction' - Times Now - February 7th, 2021
- Tattoo Stamp - MILK MAKEUP | Sephora - February 6th, 2021
- Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Eyeshadow - Maybelline - February 6th, 2021
- Salma Hayek flaunts new large tattoo and fans freak out - HOLA USA - February 6th, 2021
- Gigi Hadid Now Has A Tattoo Tribute To Baby Girl And It Matches Zayn Maliks - Capital - February 4th, 2021
- Bobrisky lavishes N596k while shopping for lady that tattooed him on her back - Legit.ng - February 4th, 2021
- Make-up artist Mei Pang is turning the internet into her beauty playground - Dazed - February 4th, 2021
- Nick Carter of Backstreet Boys Covered Up His Paris Hilton Tattoo With a Skull and Crossbones - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - February 4th, 2021
- Two Singaporean women pioneering in the rise of hand-poked tattoos - News24 - February 4th, 2021
- Britney Spears Fans Concerned About Singers Well-Being After Her Latest Video Upload - The Inquisitr - February 4th, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra is a sight to behold as the bold and beautiful cover star of Elle UK - Bollywood Hungama - February 4th, 2021
- Promised Neverland: 10 Great Emma Cosplay You Have To See | CBR - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 4th, 2021
- The Multiple Personalities of Johnny Depp: The Smearing of Makeup and a Beloved Actors Career - Mandatory - February 2nd, 2021
- Hunter Schafer on the Reverb of Euphorias Makeup and Her Road-Trip Beauty Essentials - Vanity Fair - January 24th, 2021
- BTS' Jungkook reveals tattoos on show and fans are excited to get a close-up view - CNA - January 24th, 2021
- Forget microblading... These eyebrow tattoo stickers are the in-thing - Jacaranda FM - January 24th, 2021
- Jurassic World: Age, Height, & 8 Other Things You Didn't Know About Jeff Goldblum - Screen Rant - January 24th, 2021
- Foundation getting in the way of your natural freckles? Here's how you can make them pop again - News24 - January 20th, 2021
- Forget Shoes, It's About the Lipstick: Hollywood Stylists Share Lessons Learned From Working in a Pandemic - Hollywood Reporter - January 15th, 2021
- This designer is giving the ancient art of henna a modern makeover - CNN - January 15th, 2021
- Apex Legends: 10 Loba Cosplays That Prove She Is The Best Character - TheGamer - January 15th, 2021
- New fashion trend went viral, women tattooing tattoos to hide dark circles and stretch mark - Primetime - January 12th, 2021
- Makeup trends 2021 | Beauty - MAG THE WEEKLY - Mag The Weekly Magazine - January 12th, 2021
- Assassins Creed Valhalla: 10 Female Eivor Cosplays That Are Battle-Ready - TheGamer - January 12th, 2021
- Justin Bieber Covered Up All His Tattoos for the Anyone Music Video and the Video Is Mesmerizing to Watch - Us Weekly - January 9th, 2021
- Fans Think Cardi B Deserves A Superhero Name | TheThings - TheThings - January 9th, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra In Trouble With UK Cops After Breaking Lockdown Rules - Talent Recap - January 9th, 2021
- Nikita Dragun Masters The Underboob Look In Metallic Bandeau Top With Matching Thigh-High Slit Skirt - The Inquisitr News - January 3rd, 2021
- Justin Bieber Shared a Video of Himself Getting His Tattoos Covered Up for His New "Anyone" Music Video Watch - Allure - January 3rd, 2021
- Prateik Babbar experiments with his hair colour again, goes from red to blue - Republic World - December 28th, 2020
- Cyberpunk 2077: 5 Things That Make No Sense About V (& 5 Fan Theories That Really Do) - TheGamer - December 28th, 2020
- Fashion trends that originated from other cultures - Los Angeles Times - December 28th, 2020
- 89 Best Truth or Dare Questions and Dares - Teen Vogue - December 28th, 2020
- Louisa Johnson Showcases Chest Tattoo In Low-Cut White Top For A Series Of Close-Up Snaps - The Inquisitr - December 23rd, 2020
- Get the Look: a gold mine of information about gilded makeup looks - Irish Examiner - December 21st, 2020
- Replicating Success In The ECommerce World: A Case Study With James Khuri - Forbes - December 21st, 2020
- Pete Davidson is reportedly in the process of removing all of his tattoos - 21-Dec-2020 - NZ Entertainment news - NZCity - December 21st, 2020
- TRIED & TESTED: "I got my eyebrows tattooed with a freehand blade. Here's how it went." - Mamamia - December 18th, 2020
- Permanent Makeup Information: Eyeliner, Lipstick, and More - December 18th, 2020
- People Have a Lot of Feelings About Pete Davidson Removing All of His Tattoos - POPSUGAR - December 17th, 2020
- Are Hair and Beauty Salons Allowed to Be Open in Tier 3? - POPSUGAR United Kingdom - December 17th, 2020
- Docs with Tattoos: More Relatable to Patients? - MedPage Today - December 14th, 2020
- Keep Your Eye On These Young Designers From Around the World - W Magazine - December 3rd, 2020
- Carmen Electra, 48, Nearly Bursts Out Of Plunging Corset While Caressing Her Chest - The Inquisitr - November 26th, 2020
- 7 of the best and 6 of the worst beauty trends of the year, so far - INSIDER - November 25th, 2020
- Guns N Roses Stars Daughter Draws All Eyes To Her Backside As She Strikes A Sultry Pose With ... - Metalhead Zone - November 25th, 2020
- Gen-Z is finding alternatives to traditional mental health resources through social media - Yahoo Lifestyle - November 21st, 2020
- KVD Vegan Beauty Debuts Holiday 2020 with First-Ever Fully-Recycled Eyeshadow Palette, Dazzling Shadows Sticks, Vegan Lashes and a Plethora of... - November 20th, 2020
- Astanza Wins Top Aesthetic Company, Best Laser Service and Training, and Best Laser Company to Work For in the Aesthetic Everything 2020 Aesthetic and... - November 20th, 2020
- Valeria Micropigmentation Is One of The Most Trusted Solution for Permanent Makeup - Press Release - Digital Journal - November 18th, 2020
- Queen Icon Roger Taylors Daughter Tiger Lily Looks Sexy In Red, Shows A Secret Tattoo And Explains ... - Metalhead Zone - November 18th, 2020
- New Zealand has just elected one of the most diverse parliaments in the world. Here's how it stacks up - KESQ - November 18th, 2020
- Cardi B Puts Her Colorful Leg Tattoo on Display in a Red Reebok Outfit from Her New Collection - AmoMama - November 16th, 2020
- Lee Sang Yeob Hilariously Pretends To Be Bentley From The Future On The Return Of Superman - soompi - November 16th, 2020
- Tejaswini Pandit Flaunts A Rare Barcode Tattoo, Fans Wonder What Scanning It Will Lead To? - Zee Kannada - November 12th, 2020
- Chris Evans Has 9 Hidden Tattoos Here's What They Mean - POPSUGAR - November 11th, 2020
- Assassins Creed Valhalla Will Feature Photo Mode at Launch. Know All The Updates Right Here ! - Stanford Arts Review - November 9th, 2020
- 'Welcome to Plathville': The Plaths Are More Divided Than Ever in the Season 2 Sneak Peek Moriah Calls Her Parents' House a 'Cage,' Ethan Gets a... - November 9th, 2020