Aron Walton outside the Holy Skin tattoo parlour in Bristol (Image: BPM MEDIA)
Get our daily coronavirus email newsletter with all the news you need to know direct to your inbox
Sign upWhen you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters. Sometimes theyll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer. OurPrivacy Noticeexplains more about how we use your data, and your rights. You can unsubscribe at any time.Thank you for subscribingWe have more newslettersShow meSee ourprivacy noticeInvalid Email
A lockdown-defying tattoo shop was raided for the second time with the owner wrongly stating the Magna Carta as a defence.
Aron Walton kept Holey Skin in Bishopston, Bristol, open for more than a week after the second coronavirus lockdown was imposed on November 5, before Bristol City Council and policeforced entry on November 13.
The council issued a 1,000 fine and seized tattooing equipment.
But Mr Walton reopened the business on November 24,wrongly citing the Magna Carta as a defence.
In an Instagram video from Wednesday Mr Walton said 17 police and three council officers attended in response to the reopening.
Mr Walton's footage shows him citing the Magna Carta while accusing a council officer of "high treason, for which you will stand trial before a jury of the people, and which still carries the gallows," Bristol Live reports.
England's death penalty was formally abolished in 1998. The officers committed no offences.
An Avon and Somerset police spokeswoman said: "Police officers issued four people with 200 fixed penalty notices for breaching Covid-19 legislation at Holey Skin."
It is not known whether Mr Walton was among those fined.
The council issued a 1,000 fine and seized tattooing equipment(Image: BristolLive/BPM)
Read MoreRelated Articles
Read MoreRelated Articles
Police were supporting council enforcement officers who gathered evidence at the studio after obtaining a warrant to enter.
One council officer told Mr Walton: "We're here today to execute a warrant of entry because we have reasonable grounds to suspect you are continuing to operate a tattooing business in contravention of the regulations."
The tattooist replied: "I do not understand, I do not consent."
The officer continued: "I am going to caution you now This is the warrant."
Mr Walton inspected the document and asked if it had a wet signature from a judge, to which the officer replied: "Yes, signed by a judge."
The tattooist said: "No, that isn't signed by a judge. That warrant there has no wet signature from a judge."
The law does not require warrants to have a wet-ink signature.
Police were supporting council enforcement officers(Image: SWNS)
Read MoreRelated Articles
The footage shows Mr Walton then noted each police officer's shoulder number. He spotted one had the number 1984 and remarked: "That's appropriate."
In a later video, he claimed the authorities had "walked away with their f*****g tail between their legs" and "knew they'd done f*****g wrong".
He claimed one council officer told him: "We're really going to have to start thinking about getting you your equipment back because from next week you're allowed to work."
A council spokeswoman said: Environmental health officers have visited the business under warrant, and are now reviewing the evidence gathered.
"We will continue to monitor the situation and will take further action if necessary.
Bristol will enter Tier 3 on December 2. Tattoo parlours will be permitted to open.
Since the raid, Mr Walton has continued to post images of the notice Blu-Tacked to his shopfront, which quotes the Magna Carta.
Police raided Holey Skin tattoo parlour(Image: BPM MEDIA)
The Magna Carta is not a valid defence to lockdown. The original version granted barons powers to assail the monarch and seek redress, but these powers were not given to the population at large.
Within a year of being written, the clause was removed from the Magna Carta. It has never been incorporated in statutory law.
Mr Walton posted an Instagram video inside Holey Skin after opening the business on November 24, claiming people had been visiting from northern England and Kent.
He told his followers: "Just wanna say a massive thank you to anyone thats f*****g sent me gifts and that through the post and turned up at the studio today.
We had people driving from Kent, from London, from where else was it? Somewhere up north anyway.
"Im taking bookings. Anyone that was booked in beforehand, I dont know who you are at the minute. Ive got a rough idea but they took my diary.
"We've got some new machines on their way. I'm gonna be back working flat out soon and there is nothing they can do."
Aron Walton from Bishopston tattoo parlour Holey Skin(Image: BPM MEDIA)
Days before the first raid of Holey Skin, on November 13, Mr Waltontold a police officer he would "be issuing 10,000 finesfor any more visits" from the authorities.
He claimed police had attended seven times during the second lockdown.
But at least nine police officers and several council officers were joined by a locksmith at the studio during the first raid, on November 13.
The locksmith forced entry to Holey Skin while Mr Walton told him: Dont blow through the hole please, you could have Covid.
When officers entered his premises, Mr Walton protested: You have no wet signature from a judge. You have no authority here. You have no jurisdiction here."
A small group of protesters gathered outside, shouting criticism of the lockdown and Government.
The locksmith forced entry to Holey Skin(Image: SWNS)
An Avon and Somerset police spokesman said: "A man was arrested to prevent a breach of the peace before later being de-arrested once the warrant had been completed."
Mr Walton has presented arguments against lockdown which appear to be rooted in the freeman on the land conspiracy theory.
Its proponents say laws only apply to someone with their consent. No such argument has ever succeeded in court.
Common law is created by the judiciary through its decisions in the courts, under the principle of binding precedent.
But it is overruled by the statutory laws written and passed by Parliament such as the Covid legislation under the constitutional principle that Parliament is Sovereign.
Lockdown laws say non-essential businesses like tattoo studios must close.
Households are also banned from mixing indoors.
Earlier this month, Mr Walton said he encouraged "every business" to ignore the restrictions in a Facebook video.
In September, heclaimed he flew from Zante to Bristol Airporton an easyJet flight carrying three passengers who later tested positive for Covid-19.
Bristol Live revealed he kept going into his tattoo shopin the following days. He said he did not consent after Test and Trace identified him as a contact of someone who tested positive.
Read the original:
- 10 of the best talented Calgary tattoo artists to get inked by | Curated - Daily Hive - March 8th, 2021
- CURTIS HONEYCUTT: With friends like these ... | Features | albanyherald.com - The Albany Herald - February 17th, 2021
- Stephen Bear branded sick by fans for pretending girlfriend was pregnant with twins with scan ripped off Goo - The Sun - February 10th, 2021
- Local tattoo shops see increase in business as the COVID-19 pandemic continues - The Morning Sun - February 7th, 2021
- Nagaland Locals Shift House On Foot, Watch Video: Trending Topics, Viral Videos and Funny Memes of The Day - LatestLY - February 7th, 2021
- Justice League's Snyder Cut Is Fixing The Most Hated Part Of Leto's Joker - Screen Rant - February 4th, 2021
- Anderson: Sarasota fugitive still running, only now the chase is on to catch him - Sarasota Herald-Tribune - January 30th, 2021
- Married teacher found guilty of having sex with student in a field - Yahoo News Australia - January 30th, 2021
- 23 Fun Long Nail Designs to Copy in 2021 - The Trend Spotter - January 30th, 2021
- One Of The Proud Boys Who Stormed The Capitol Had Instructions For Making Guns And Bombs In His Home, FBI Says - BuzzFeed News - January 30th, 2021
- These Amazing Quilters Will Inspire You To Take Up A New Pandemic Hobby - HuffPost Canada - January 30th, 2021
- Tattoo industry striving to safely ink their way through pandemic - KXXV News Channel 25 - January 25th, 2021
- Former Xbox, SEGA, And EA Head Peter Moore Returns To Gaming - Screen Rant - January 22nd, 2021
- Feds: Man arrested near US Capitol had truckload of weapons - Daily Mountain Eagle - January 15th, 2021
- Tattoo artists share 6 of their favorite designs to ink, and 5 they don't really like - Yahoo News - January 12th, 2021
- US Capitol riot: the myths behind the tattoos worn by 'QAnon shaman' Jake Angeli - The Conversation UK - January 12th, 2021
- The Myths Behind the Tattoos Worn by 'QAnon Shaman' Jake Angeli - Snopes.com - January 12th, 2021
- Khanyi Mbaus racy tattoo has got the timeline buzzing - All4Women - January 12th, 2021
- Records: Alabama man on bond arrested after Capitol riot - Daily Mountain Eagle - January 12th, 2021
- How Memorial Tattoos Can Help With The Grieving Process - HuffPost - January 9th, 2021
- A radish in a tutu walking a dog? This AI can draw it really well - ABC17News.com - January 9th, 2021
- Stefflon Don Shows Off Upper Thigh Tattoo In Gucci Swimsuit During Ghana Vacation - The Inquisitr - January 9th, 2021
- George Gerdes, Bosch and Girl With the Dragon Tattoo actor, dies at 72 - Yahoo Entertainment - January 5th, 2021
- Taking a look at the Most Useful Android Apps - Programming Insider - January 5th, 2021
- Suspects charged in connection with Steelton shooting - PennLive - January 5th, 2021
- Skin in the game: why getting a tattoo helped me achieve my goals - The Guardian - January 3rd, 2021
- How the Networks Will Fill Airtime on a Quiet New Years Eve - The New York Times - December 31st, 2020
- Why Werent We All Invited To Neymars New Years Eve Party? - The18 - December 31st, 2020
- Mars is revealing its angel, devil and heart "tattoos" as ice melts at its south pole - SYFY WIRE - December 27th, 2020
- Turn Your RPG Character's Into Inked Showcases With The Tome of Mystical Tattoos - TheGamer - December 27th, 2020
- Bloke asks for his mums advice on what tattoo to get and takes her answer WAY too seriously - The Irish Sun - December 23rd, 2020
- Bloke asks for his mums advice on what tattoo to get and takes her answer WAY too seriously - The Sun - December 21st, 2020
- Cyberpunk 2077: The Face Tattoos, Ranked - TheGamer - December 17th, 2020
- The 25 Best Latin Songs of 2020: Staff Picks - Billboard - December 17th, 2020
- Cardi B Is Being Sued For The Use Of A Tattoo On Her Album Cover - mit inc - December 12th, 2020
- This Mom Tattooed Her Toddler & We're Actually On Board With It - Yahoo Lifestyle - December 12th, 2020
- Inked for The Very First Time: Madonna shares behind-the-scenes photos of first tattoo at 62 - The Independent - December 9th, 2020
- Keke Palmer Showcases Upper Thigh Tattoo In Tiny Plaid Dress & Leather Knee-High Boots - The Inquisitr - December 8th, 2020
- Sophie Turner shares a never-before-seen photo with Joe Jonas from her pregnancy - Insider - INSIDER - December 6th, 2020
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Or Memphis Depay Or Sergio Ramos: Whos Got The Best Tattoo On Their Back? - IWMBuzz - December 3rd, 2020
- Oliver Peck Net Worth | What is Tattoo Artist Oliver Peck's Net Worth? - The Cinemaholic - December 2nd, 2020
- Rulers of the Upper Realm, Thunderbirds Are Powerful Native Spirits - National Audubon Society - December 1st, 2020
- Through Positive Eyes: living with HIV and Aids - a photo essay - The Guardian - December 1st, 2020
- A Life On Our Planet: 10 Behind The Scenes Facts You Need To Know - Screen Rant - November 27th, 2020
- EndSARS Protester Inscribes Tattoo On His Chest To Commemorate The Killing Of Nigerians At The Lekki Toll Gate (Photos) - GH Gossip - November 21st, 2020
- Born into occupation, young Afghans fear the Taliban will crush their freedoms when US troops exit - The Bakersfield Californian - November 21st, 2020
- David Fincher: Studios don't want to make anything that can't make billions - FOX 28 Spokane - November 20th, 2020
- BEST PLACES TO GET TATTOOS ON YOUR BODY - Artvoice - November 16th, 2020
- David Fincher: Studios don't want to make anything that can't make billions - lcbcradio.com - November 16th, 2020
- Family Fun: Rocking joy into the world with vibrantly painted rocks - The Spokesman-Review - November 16th, 2020
- The Inconclusive World of Tattoos in the Workplace - Fordham Observer - November 12th, 2020
- Police issue CCTV images of three men over incident on train via Dalmuir - Clydebank Post - November 12th, 2020
- Images released of men after rammy on board Glasgow train - Glasgow Times - November 11th, 2020
- 'I'd been avoiding looking at myself': Breast cancer survivors reveal how mastectomy tattoos changed them - 7NEWS.com.au - November 11th, 2020
- Red Notice: Ryan Reynolds Edits Young Versions of Him & Dwayne Johnson Into Image - Screen Rant - October 31st, 2020
- The Weeknd Likes to Keep a Lot of Things a Mystery Potential Tattoos Included - POPSUGAR - October 30th, 2020
- MAGNUM To Release Special Album, Dance Of The Black Tattoo, In January - bravewords.com - October 24th, 2020
- Images released of suspect in four North York break-and-enters - Toronto Sun - October 23rd, 2020
- 25 Carefree Bird Tattoos for Men in 2020 - The Trend Spotter - October 16th, 2020
- Before They Were Tatted: 10 Rockers Before + After Their Tattoos - Loudwire - October 14th, 2020
- Perthshire farm worker posing as teen rumbled in online paedophile trap by tattoo of his own name - The Courier - October 10th, 2020
- 20 Unforgettable Moon Tattoos for Women in 2020 - The Trend Spotter - October 9th, 2020
- V,I, Council on the Arts celebrated Arts and Humanities Month - Virgin Islands Daily News - October 9th, 2020
- First fossil feather found belonged to this dinosaur - Deccan Herald - October 6th, 2020
- True Meaning behind Paris Jackson & Godfather Macaulay Culkin's Matching Spoon Tattoos - AmoMama - October 6th, 2020
- Artists Quarantine With Their Art Collections - Hyperallergic - October 4th, 2020
- Survivors, First Responders Use Tattoos To Cover Scars From The Route 91 Shooting - KNPR - October 2nd, 2020
- First Fossil Feather Ever Found Belonged to This Dinosaur - The New York Times - September 30th, 2020
- Dolly Parton Addresses Those Tattoo Rumors, Reveals the Moving Reason Behind Her Tasteful Ink - Yahoo Entertainment - September 24th, 2020
- Chinese city orders taxi drivers to remove tattoos (for the women and children) - bdnews24.com - September 24th, 2020
- Chinese city orders taxi drivers to remove tattoos for the women and children - Deccan Herald - September 22nd, 2020
- People are getting coronavirus-themed tattoos of masks, toilet paper - Insider - INSIDER - September 20th, 2020
- Surveillance Images Show Denver Burglar Who Has 25 Tattooed On Forehead - CBS Denver - September 18th, 2020
- The Black Lives Matter Movement Will Change the Future of Tattooing - Yahoo Lifestyle - September 10th, 2020
- Conroe man hit with huge 60-year sentence - Woodlands Online - September 9th, 2020
- Daytonian of the Week lets her artwork tell the story it wants to communicate - dayton.com - September 9th, 2020
- Artist selected to paint mural on Garrett City Hall - KPCnews.com - September 8th, 2020
- How to deal with your negative inner voice when running - The Irish Times - September 7th, 2020
- Jada Kingdom Shows Off Tattoo Of Boyfriends Name On Her Neck - DancehallMag - September 6th, 2020
- Jungkook Reveals New Tattoo With Meaning That Warms The BTS Army's Hearts - Talent Recap - September 2nd, 2020