Despite tattoos seemingly being permanent, there are ways to get rid of your past art with simple procedure
YORK, Pa. Emily Stoll got her first tattoo when she was just 16-years-old. Now, the college junior has 17 of them. She hasn't regretted any of them, until now.
"I wanted to join the military and I know some of my tattoos are not in regulation, so in order to enlist and join, I have to get them removed," Stoll said.
There are strict tattoo policies in place throughout all branches of military and they vary. Sergeant First Class Mike Schriefer is a recruiter for the Army National Guard and he says tattoos can definitely hinder the recruitment process. Luckily, thanks to technology, it's now possible to remove those once-considered permanent works of art. "For the army, it's nothing on your hands, face or neck, and the little wrist bone is the cutofff for the wrist, SFC Schriefer said. "The exceptions to policy are very few and far between, the only thing allowed on the hand is one wedding ring."
Stoll said she tried different procedures but nothing seemed to work, until she found laser tattoo removal at Lebo Skin Care Center in York County.
Tattoo Removal with the PicoSure laser is the most advanced laser treatment available for safe and effective tattoo removal. PicoSure targets unwanted ink more effectively than ever before, successfully removing difficult ink colors, such as blues and greens, as well as previously treated tattoos.
"Each time we do a removal treatment, you will see change with it, but it's definitely a treatment you have to be patient with," says Janice Bish who is a medical esthetician at Lebo. She says that procedures can take anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes. "If it's an older tattoo, it's been there 20-30 years, it might only take 3-6 treatments, while a newer tattoo can take up to 15," she said.
"The laser goes very quickly into the ink of the tattoo and it dissolves that ink into a powder and it is easily absorbed into the body. The body then metabolizes it and lessens the color in that area," said Bish.
It can take about 6-8 weeks for that to happen, but she says the area is typically healed within 1-2 weeks with just minor tenderness and scabbing.
"It is definitely a little painful, much more painful than getting the actual tattoo, but we are right in there with the patient to help them through it and everyone gets through it," said Bish. Stoll on the other hand, said it's really not that bad. So she's now encouraging others to consider laser tattoo removal if they too, want a different path forward. "It seems scary and it's a little uncomfortable at first, just like getting a tattoo, but the end result is worth it. I'm looking next year once I'm graduated to enlist full time and see where the military takes me," Stoll said excitedly.
For more information on laser tattoo removal at Lebo Skin Care Center, click here.
Read this article:
- Regretting a tattoo? These are your options when it comes to getting rid of it - Fashion Journal - February 19th, 2021
- My Experience Lightening and ... - Tattoos & Piercings - February 14th, 2021
- 'Britain's most tattooed woman' shows what she looks like with ink covered up - Daily Star - February 6th, 2021
- Tattoo Removal Market Trends, Comprehensive Research Study, Development Status, Opportunities, Future Demand, Competitive Landscape and Growth by... - January 22nd, 2021
- Free tattoo removal event helps give people a clean break with past - Stockton Record - January 20th, 2021
- WJFW Newswatch 12 - News From Where You Live - Rhinelander Wisconsin WJFW TV-12 - WJFW-TV - January 20th, 2021
- Kat Von D tattoo cover- up revealed: Tattoo artist shows off new ink! - HITC - Football, Gaming, Movies, TV, Music - December 18th, 2020
- Ribbon Cutting in Boca Raton: LifeGaines Medical and Aesthetics Center Will Receive the Lumenis Excellence Award at Their Ribbon Cutting Event Today... - December 17th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal Procedure, Benefits, and Risks - December 12th, 2020
- How Does Laser Tattoo Removal Work? 7 Facts You Need to Know - December 12th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal | American Society of Plastic Surgeons - December 12th, 2020
- The Best Tattoo Removalists in Canberra - The RiotACT - December 6th, 2020
- Laser tattoo removal offers hope for future - December 5th, 2020
- 7 Stars Who Had to Remove Tattoos of Their Exes, From Johnny Depp to Pete Davidson (Photos) - msnNOW - December 2nd, 2020
- The Best Laser Tattoo Removalists in Canberra - The RiotACT - November 30th, 2020
- How Much Does Tattoo Removal Cost? [2020 Price Guide] - November 12th, 2020
- 7 FAQs About Laser Tattoo Removal | Blog | Balshi Dermatology - November 12th, 2020
- The MedSpa on 5th Removes Unwanted Tattoos and Skin Blemishes with the Astanza Duality in Mount Dora, Florida - PRNewswire - November 9th, 2020
- E-dermis Magnetic Tattoo Removal An Alternative Way of Tattoo Elimination - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - November 3rd, 2020
- Understanding Laser Tattoo Removal | University of Utah Health - October 29th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How Much Lasering a Tattoo Costs and Hurts ... - October 29th, 2020
- Panacea Tattoo Removal Offers a Second Chance with Laser Tattoo Removal Featuring the Astanza Duality in Grand Junction, CO - PRNewswire - October 27th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal: From Prep to Aftercare, Heres What to Expect - HYPEBAE - October 27th, 2020
- What To Expect When You Get a Tattoo - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - October 2nd, 2020
- 9 Tips for Tattoo Removal Health Essentials from ... - September 28th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal Lasers: Types & Differences - September 28th, 2020
- What You Need to Know Before Tattoo Removal - - RushPRnews.com - September 26th, 2020
- These innovative regimes and therapies are worth booking well in advance - Connecticut Magazine - September 22nd, 2020
- Chinese Taxi Drivers Ordered To Remove Tattoos - INKED - September 22nd, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How to, Costs, Before and After Pictures ... - September 9th, 2020
- Tattoo removal - Mayo Clinic - September 9th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal - Swinyer-Woseth Dermatology - September 9th, 2020
- 6 Things Everyone Gets Wrong About Laser Tattoo Removal | SELF - September 9th, 2020
- How to Remove Your Unwanted Tattoo Permanently and Safely - Chiang Rai Times - August 25th, 2020
- 10 Things No One Tells You About Tattoo Removal | Glamour - August 22nd, 2020
- How To Remove A Permanent Tattoo: DIY Methods and Surgical ... - August 22nd, 2020
- Laser surgery - Wikipedia - August 22nd, 2020
- 'Erase The Mistake' effort addresses unwanted tattoos - Huntington Herald Dispatch - August 18th, 2020
- Removery's INK-nitiative Will Remove Racist and Hate Tattoos For Free - Tyler Morning Telegraph - August 12th, 2020
- Interest In Tattoo Removal High As Removery Safely Opens Its Doors - PRNewswire - July 15th, 2020
- How to Remove a Tattoo without Laser at Home - September 13th, 2019
- Tattoo removal - Wikipedia - September 13th, 2019