Where are the best laser tattoo removalists in Canberra? Photo: File.
It was a great idea at the time. Getting a tattoo that is. But now that youre older, wiser (or perhaps just sober), youre looking to get it removed. Whilst there are options to cover it up with another tattoo, you might prefer a clean slate. Lucky for you, there is a process that can help: laser tattoo removal.
It might sound scary, but in comparison to other methods of removing tattoos, laser is non-abrasive and shouldnt cause scarring when done properly. Laser tattoo removal works by breaking down the ink molecules within your tattoo into smaller pieces, allowing them to be absorbed into your bloodstream so your body can flush them out naturally.
However, not all laser tattoo removalists are the same. There is currently no regulation for laser tattoo removalists in Canberra. To avoid being left with a botched job or unsightly scars by an inexperienced provider, its best to find a laser tattoo removalist that you can trust.
In this article, well outline the qualities to consider when choosing a laser tattoo removalist, and share where to find the best in Canberra.
Choosing the right tattoo removalist will take the stress out of what can be an emotionally draining experience. After all, this is your skin and you dont want long-term or permanent damage, scarring or burns.
It can be helpful to keep the following in mind when choosing a laser tattoo removalist.
RiotACTs editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
Eden Laser Clinics Canberra removes unwanted tattoos with Candela PicoWay, an alternative to traditional tattoo removal. PicoWay is a major breakthrough in laser tattoo removal for all skin types and for multi-coloured tattoos, including hard-to-treat colours. Benefits include less pain during treatment, faster results, less reaction and reduced risk of complication.
On Google, Ric Jarratt wrote, The team at Eden Laser Clinics Canberra are fantastic! All staff are really approachable and knowledgeable.
Original Skin Laser Tattoo Removal uses the Q-Plus C Evo machine to remove unwanted tattoos. The Quanta Systems Laser uses an advanced three wavelength system. It targets black tattoos and completely removes multi-coloured tattoos, even tough greens. Technicians work with precision, targeting partial areas of a tattoo. They provide lightening for cover-ups or complete removal.
Emma Levett wrote on Google, I have had a regretful tattoo almost completely removed. Two sessions to go!
Laser X Tattoo Removal is a leader in tattoo removal, including professional amateur, cosmetic or multi-coloured tattoos. Technicians remove, lighten or make tattoos ready for cover up. Laser X Tattoo Removal has been in the industry for more than 20 years and has worked on thousands of tattoos. They use state-of-the-art lasers and the latest in technology.
Andrew Gavin wrote on Google, Ive had four treatments so far and very happy with results. Very professional service and great advice.
Laser Skin Clinic offers two services for people unhappy with their tattoos. The tattoo can be faded so it can be modified at a later date, or permanently removed. The number of treatments depends on the type of tattoo and the service clients choose. Laser Skin Clinic uses state-of-the art Pastelle, a medical grade Q-switched Nd:YAG laser. Q-switched laser tattoo removal technology is significantly less painful and more efficient than laser-based tools of years gone by.
Tegan A wrote on Google, I have been going here for tattoo removal and the results are amazing. Although tattoo removal is really painful, the staff always try to make it as pain free and quick as possible. So although i dread the treatment, i know Im in good (and experienced) hands!
A dedicated laser tattoo removal service, Expired Laser Studio has removed hundreds of tattoos. The studio uses the most advanced technology in the field to safely remove tattoos of all colours. Expired Laser Studio technicians explain what clients can expect.
On Google, Adam Bartlett wrote, Im getting an almost solid black cover up lightened (2 layers of heavy black ink) so I can replace it with something else. Its a big job but the equipment Expired Laser Studio has is getting it done.
If youre looking for more information on laser treatments and skin care in Canberra, you might like our articles on the best laser treatments, best laser hair removal clinics, best beauty salons, and the best facial specialists Canberra has to offer.
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback. If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with any of the laser tattoo removalists listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.
How does laser tattoo removal work?
A laser machine directs pulses of laser energy towards the ink particles. The laser beam passes through the layers of your skin and breaks the tattoo ink into tiny pieces. The bodys natural filtration system removes the residue, leading to the tattoo fading. After multiple sessions, the tattoo is no longer visible.
Does laser tattoo removal treatment hurt?
Some laser machines provide a more comfortable experience than others. Having said that, the process is still uncomfortable, with different people feeling more pain than others depending on their threshold. Some people have said laser pulses are like being flicked by a rubber band.
What other methods are there of tattoo removal?
Other than laser removal, you can get surgical removal of a tattoo. This involves cutting out the area of skin with the tattoo and stitching it back together. Another method is dermabrasion, which involves removing layers of the skin by sanding it back.
How can I manage the pain of tattoo removal?
You can use a topical anaesthetic product, but its best to discuss this with your technician before arriving for your treatment. You can talk to a pharmacist about numbing creams. Ask if the technician helps you manage discomfort. Some, for example, use cooling equipment which can provide relief before, during and after treatment.
How many treatments do I need to get rid of my tattoo?
This depends on many factors, including the size and ink colour of your tattoo. Also, some colours are harder to remove than others. The number of treatments youll require can also depend on pigment depth and intensity. You can expect multiple treatments, however, with breaks between each so your system has time to flush ink particles out.
How much does it cost to have a tattoo removed?
Its best to organise a consultation with a technician since many factors are at play. This includes the size and intensity of your tattoo, and the colours used.
Continue reading here:
- Connecticut Tattoo Removal Brings Full-Spectrum Laser Tattoo Removal to North Haven, Connecticut Featuring the Astanza Trinity and DESCRIBE PFD Patch... - November 23rd, 2021
- Teen Mom Ashley Jones reveals she was secretly in a relationship with a woman for four years before... - The Sun - November 23rd, 2021
- Removery Opens New Tattoo Removal Location in Oklahoma City - PR Web - November 9th, 2021
- Dermatology PA-C Rebecca Sklar of Advanced Dermatology PC with Tips on Tattoo Removal - Benzinga - Benzinga - October 29th, 2021
- Do tattoos hurt? What it feels like, areas, pain relief, and more - Medical News Today - October 17th, 2021
- Modified Tattoo Gallery Delivers Superior Laser Tattoo Removal and Fading for Cover Ups with the Astanza - Benzinga - October 17th, 2021
- Laser tattoo removal: How it works, how long it takes and side effects - Metro.co.uk - October 17th, 2021
- Teen Moms Bar Smith wears sweater & gold chain after starting laser treatment to remove face tattoos in m... - The Sun - October 5th, 2021
- Ink Eraser is the Brings Superior Laser Tattoo Removal to Cranberry Township, PA Featuring the Astanza - GlobeNewswire - October 5th, 2021
- Main Benefits of Pico Laser: Pigmentation Removal, Skin Whitening and Skin Rejuvenation at V Medical Aesthetics and Laser Clinic in Singapore -... - October 5th, 2021
- Rethinking the ink: Austin company aims to be leader in tattoo removal industry - Austin American-Statesman - September 1st, 2021
- Teen Mom Ashley Jones baby daddy Bar Smith undergoes second round of lasering to remove his face tattoos i... - The US Sun - September 1st, 2021
- Ubiquity Lab Wins Removery, As The Tattoo Removal Service Launches In Australia - B&T - August 20th, 2021
- Surgical Laser Devices Market: Urology segment held major market share due to rise in the prevalence of urological disorders - BioSpace - July 22nd, 2021
- Thinking about getting a tattoo? Here's what you need to know before getting inked for the first time - IOL - July 8th, 2021
- Pete Davidson Is Getting All of His Tattoos Removed and Itll Take 2 More Years - Us Weekly - July 8th, 2021
- Doff & Flux On the Efficacy of Laser Tattoo Removal and Industry Impact - Digital Journal - July 8th, 2021
- Trying to Remove a Tattoo at Home Can Do More Harm Than Good - Chiang Rai Times - June 26th, 2021
- Taking your scars and making something better. Jillian Marty on Jessops Journal - ABC 4 - June 26th, 2021
- Tarnished Provides Advanced Laser Tattoo Removal and Tattoo Modification Using the Astanza Duality in Oakville, Connecticut - Yahoo Finance - June 9th, 2021
- This Is What Its Like To Get A Tattoo Removed, If You Once Had No Ragrets But Now Have Some - Pedestrian TV - June 9th, 2021
- Warren woman whose mugshots went viral shares her story of recovery - News 5 Cleveland - May 16th, 2021
- Meet ArrDee: The Brighton rapper behind TikTok's biggest song right now - The Tab - May 16th, 2021
- Laser All Brings Full-Spectrum Laser Tattoo Removal and Painless Laser Hair Removal to Westminster, CO with the Astanza Trinity and Astanza ReSmooth... - April 19th, 2021
- Regretting a tattoo? These are your options when it comes to getting rid of it - Fashion Journal - February 19th, 2021
- My Experience Lightening and ... - Tattoos & Piercings - February 14th, 2021
- 'Britain's most tattooed woman' shows what she looks like with ink covered up - Daily Star - February 6th, 2021
- Tattoo Removal Market Trends, Comprehensive Research Study, Development Status, Opportunities, Future Demand, Competitive Landscape and Growth by... - January 22nd, 2021
- Free tattoo removal event helps give people a clean break with past - Stockton Record - January 20th, 2021
- WJFW Newswatch 12 - News From Where You Live - Rhinelander Wisconsin WJFW TV-12 - WJFW-TV - January 20th, 2021
- Kat Von D tattoo cover- up revealed: Tattoo artist shows off new ink! - HITC - Football, Gaming, Movies, TV, Music - December 18th, 2020
- Ribbon Cutting in Boca Raton: LifeGaines Medical and Aesthetics Center Will Receive the Lumenis Excellence Award at Their Ribbon Cutting Event Today... - December 17th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal Procedure, Benefits, and Risks - December 12th, 2020
- How Does Laser Tattoo Removal Work? 7 Facts You Need to Know - December 12th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal | American Society of Plastic Surgeons - December 12th, 2020
- Laser tattoo removal offers hope for future - December 5th, 2020
- Laser tattoo removal offers hope for future | fox43.com - December 5th, 2020
- 7 Stars Who Had to Remove Tattoos of Their Exes, From Johnny Depp to Pete Davidson (Photos) - msnNOW - December 2nd, 2020
- The Best Laser Tattoo Removalists in Canberra - The RiotACT - November 30th, 2020
- How Much Does Tattoo Removal Cost? [2020 Price Guide] - November 12th, 2020
- 7 FAQs About Laser Tattoo Removal | Blog | Balshi Dermatology - November 12th, 2020
- The MedSpa on 5th Removes Unwanted Tattoos and Skin Blemishes with the Astanza Duality in Mount Dora, Florida - PRNewswire - November 9th, 2020
- E-dermis Magnetic Tattoo Removal An Alternative Way of Tattoo Elimination - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - November 3rd, 2020
- Understanding Laser Tattoo Removal | University of Utah Health - October 29th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How Much Lasering a Tattoo Costs and Hurts ... - October 29th, 2020
- Panacea Tattoo Removal Offers a Second Chance with Laser Tattoo Removal Featuring the Astanza Duality in Grand Junction, CO - PRNewswire - October 27th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal: From Prep to Aftercare, Heres What to Expect - HYPEBAE - October 27th, 2020
- What To Expect When You Get a Tattoo - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - October 2nd, 2020
- 9 Tips for Tattoo Removal Health Essentials from ... - September 28th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal Lasers: Types & Differences - September 28th, 2020
- What You Need to Know Before Tattoo Removal - - RushPRnews.com - September 26th, 2020
- These innovative regimes and therapies are worth booking well in advance - Connecticut Magazine - September 22nd, 2020
- Chinese Taxi Drivers Ordered To Remove Tattoos - INKED - September 22nd, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How to, Costs, Before and After Pictures ... - September 9th, 2020
- Tattoo removal - Mayo Clinic - September 9th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal - Swinyer-Woseth Dermatology - September 9th, 2020
- 6 Things Everyone Gets Wrong About Laser Tattoo Removal | SELF - September 9th, 2020
- How to Remove Your Unwanted Tattoo Permanently and Safely - Chiang Rai Times - August 25th, 2020
- 10 Things No One Tells You About Tattoo Removal | Glamour - August 22nd, 2020
- How To Remove A Permanent Tattoo: DIY Methods and Surgical ... - August 22nd, 2020
- Laser surgery - Wikipedia - August 22nd, 2020
- 'Erase The Mistake' effort addresses unwanted tattoos - Huntington Herald Dispatch - August 18th, 2020
- Removery's INK-nitiative Will Remove Racist and Hate Tattoos For Free - Tyler Morning Telegraph - August 12th, 2020
- Interest In Tattoo Removal High As Removery Safely Opens Its Doors - PRNewswire - July 15th, 2020
- How to Remove a Tattoo without Laser at Home - September 13th, 2019
- Tattoo removal - Wikipedia - September 13th, 2019