Tattoo removal can be achieved in a number of ways, ranging from laser treatments, chemical peels, dermabrasion and surgical excision.
Lasers are the most common method of tattoo removal performed today. Tattoos consist of thousands of particles of tattoo ink suspended in the skin. The normal human immune system typically removes small foreign particles from the skin. Tattoo ink particles are too big to be removed by this system and are thus considered permanent. The use of lasers helps to break up these particles into smaller pieces that can be removed by the immune system.
Laser treatments work by targeting the ink particles in the skin with highly concentrated light waves that heat up the ink particles and cause them to fragment into smaller particles that are able to be cleared away by the body's immune system.
Complete removal of a tattoo is usually not accomplished in one laser treatment session. Laser tattoo removal typically requires more than one treatment to reduce the size of the ink particles and make it easier for them to be dispersed by the immune system.
Depending on the tattoo design, size and color, it may take 1-10 laser sessions to remove the ink. Some colors of ink are harder to remove than others and may not be able to be completely removed. There should be a six-week time period between each laser session to allow the wounds to heal and the body to absorb as much of the ink as is possible.
Laser tattoo removal is somewhat painful. Many patient describe it as like having a heavy rubber band snapped against the skin repeatedly. Topical skin numbing medications can be used. Most of the time laser tattoo removal is tolerated very well.
After the procedure the patient will have an open wound that will need to be taken care of. Typical post procedure care of the wound includes cleaning it with soap and water daily, applying antibiotic ointment to the wound and then keeping it covered with some type of dressing until it is healed. Typically, healing is complete around five days after the procedure is done.
Other methods of tattoo removal are more invasive than laser removal and are therefore less commonly performed today. These methods include dermabrasion, chemical peels and surgical excision of the tattoo.
Dermabrasion is a surgical method of tattoo removal that involves the use of a medical grinding tool that is used to remove the outer layers of the skin in a controlled manner. The intent is to remove the layers of the skin that contain the ink particles, thereby removing the tattoo.
This procedure is painful and because of this, is typically performed with either a local, regional or even a general anesthetic.
Like laser tattoo removal, a session of dermabrasion will result in an open wound that needs care after the procedure is done. Daily cleaning of the wound with soap and water, application of an antibiotic ointment and covering of the wound with a dressing are what is usually recommended.
The wounds created as a result of dermabrasion typically take longer to heal than those created by laser tattoo removal. These are likely to take somewhere around 10-14 days to heal.
Also, like laser tattoo removal, more than one session of dermabrasion may be necessary to remove a particular tattoo.
Dermabrasion can result in significant scaring and should only be performed by physicians well trained in the proper technique.
Trichloroacetic acid (TCA) peels can also be used to remove tattoos. TCA is a mild acid that is applied to the skin to remove the outer layers of the skin, and with them, the tattoo ink.
This type of procedure may be mildly painful, but typically does not require the use of an anesthetic.
Like the other types of tattoo removal, TCA peels will result in an open wound that will need to be cared for after the procedure is completed. Daily cleaning with soap and water, application of an antibiotic ointment and a dressing are all that is necessary. These wounds will typically heal in approximately 5-7 days.
Tattoos may also be removed by direct surgical excision. This involves simply cutting out the skin that contains the tattoo. This technique is best used for small tattoos and may not be practical for very large tattoos. The skin surrounding the tattoo is then brought together and closed.
This type of tattoo removal will likely require the use of a local, regional or even a general anesthesia depending on the size of the tattoo. A surgical scar will be created by this type of tattoo removal.
Post-procedure bandages should be left in place for 48 hours. Once the bandages are removed and the surgical site should be cleaned daily with soap and water. A dressing may be applied to cover the wound for the first week after surgery.
Follow this link:
- Connecticut Tattoo Removal Brings Full-Spectrum Laser Tattoo Removal to North Haven, Connecticut Featuring the Astanza Trinity and DESCRIBE PFD Patch... - November 23rd, 2021
- Teen Mom Ashley Jones reveals she was secretly in a relationship with a woman for four years before... - The Sun - November 23rd, 2021
- Removery Opens New Tattoo Removal Location in Oklahoma City - PR Web - November 9th, 2021
- Dermatology PA-C Rebecca Sklar of Advanced Dermatology PC with Tips on Tattoo Removal - Benzinga - Benzinga - October 29th, 2021
- Do tattoos hurt? What it feels like, areas, pain relief, and more - Medical News Today - October 17th, 2021
- Modified Tattoo Gallery Delivers Superior Laser Tattoo Removal and Fading for Cover Ups with the Astanza - Benzinga - October 17th, 2021
- Laser tattoo removal: How it works, how long it takes and side effects - Metro.co.uk - October 17th, 2021
- Teen Moms Bar Smith wears sweater & gold chain after starting laser treatment to remove face tattoos in m... - The Sun - October 5th, 2021
- Ink Eraser is the Brings Superior Laser Tattoo Removal to Cranberry Township, PA Featuring the Astanza - GlobeNewswire - October 5th, 2021
- Main Benefits of Pico Laser: Pigmentation Removal, Skin Whitening and Skin Rejuvenation at V Medical Aesthetics and Laser Clinic in Singapore -... - October 5th, 2021
- Rethinking the ink: Austin company aims to be leader in tattoo removal industry - Austin American-Statesman - September 1st, 2021
- Teen Mom Ashley Jones baby daddy Bar Smith undergoes second round of lasering to remove his face tattoos i... - The US Sun - September 1st, 2021
- Ubiquity Lab Wins Removery, As The Tattoo Removal Service Launches In Australia - B&T - August 20th, 2021
- Surgical Laser Devices Market: Urology segment held major market share due to rise in the prevalence of urological disorders - BioSpace - July 22nd, 2021
- Thinking about getting a tattoo? Here's what you need to know before getting inked for the first time - IOL - July 8th, 2021
- Pete Davidson Is Getting All of His Tattoos Removed and Itll Take 2 More Years - Us Weekly - July 8th, 2021
- Doff & Flux On the Efficacy of Laser Tattoo Removal and Industry Impact - Digital Journal - July 8th, 2021
- Trying to Remove a Tattoo at Home Can Do More Harm Than Good - Chiang Rai Times - June 26th, 2021
- Taking your scars and making something better. Jillian Marty on Jessops Journal - ABC 4 - June 26th, 2021
- Tarnished Provides Advanced Laser Tattoo Removal and Tattoo Modification Using the Astanza Duality in Oakville, Connecticut - Yahoo Finance - June 9th, 2021
- This Is What Its Like To Get A Tattoo Removed, If You Once Had No Ragrets But Now Have Some - Pedestrian TV - June 9th, 2021
- Warren woman whose mugshots went viral shares her story of recovery - News 5 Cleveland - May 16th, 2021
- Meet ArrDee: The Brighton rapper behind TikTok's biggest song right now - The Tab - May 16th, 2021
- Laser All Brings Full-Spectrum Laser Tattoo Removal and Painless Laser Hair Removal to Westminster, CO with the Astanza Trinity and Astanza ReSmooth... - April 19th, 2021
- Regretting a tattoo? These are your options when it comes to getting rid of it - Fashion Journal - February 19th, 2021
- My Experience Lightening and ... - Tattoos & Piercings - February 14th, 2021
- 'Britain's most tattooed woman' shows what she looks like with ink covered up - Daily Star - February 6th, 2021
- Tattoo Removal Market Trends, Comprehensive Research Study, Development Status, Opportunities, Future Demand, Competitive Landscape and Growth by... - January 22nd, 2021
- Free tattoo removal event helps give people a clean break with past - Stockton Record - January 20th, 2021
- WJFW Newswatch 12 - News From Where You Live - Rhinelander Wisconsin WJFW TV-12 - WJFW-TV - January 20th, 2021
- Kat Von D tattoo cover- up revealed: Tattoo artist shows off new ink! - HITC - Football, Gaming, Movies, TV, Music - December 18th, 2020
- Ribbon Cutting in Boca Raton: LifeGaines Medical and Aesthetics Center Will Receive the Lumenis Excellence Award at Their Ribbon Cutting Event Today... - December 17th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal Procedure, Benefits, and Risks - December 12th, 2020
- How Does Laser Tattoo Removal Work? 7 Facts You Need to Know - December 12th, 2020
- The Best Tattoo Removalists in Canberra - The RiotACT - December 6th, 2020
- Laser tattoo removal offers hope for future - December 5th, 2020
- Laser tattoo removal offers hope for future | fox43.com - December 5th, 2020
- 7 Stars Who Had to Remove Tattoos of Their Exes, From Johnny Depp to Pete Davidson (Photos) - msnNOW - December 2nd, 2020
- The Best Laser Tattoo Removalists in Canberra - The RiotACT - November 30th, 2020
- How Much Does Tattoo Removal Cost? [2020 Price Guide] - November 12th, 2020
- 7 FAQs About Laser Tattoo Removal | Blog | Balshi Dermatology - November 12th, 2020
- The MedSpa on 5th Removes Unwanted Tattoos and Skin Blemishes with the Astanza Duality in Mount Dora, Florida - PRNewswire - November 9th, 2020
- E-dermis Magnetic Tattoo Removal An Alternative Way of Tattoo Elimination - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - November 3rd, 2020
- Understanding Laser Tattoo Removal | University of Utah Health - October 29th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How Much Lasering a Tattoo Costs and Hurts ... - October 29th, 2020
- Panacea Tattoo Removal Offers a Second Chance with Laser Tattoo Removal Featuring the Astanza Duality in Grand Junction, CO - PRNewswire - October 27th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal: From Prep to Aftercare, Heres What to Expect - HYPEBAE - October 27th, 2020
- What To Expect When You Get a Tattoo - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - October 2nd, 2020
- 9 Tips for Tattoo Removal Health Essentials from ... - September 28th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal Lasers: Types & Differences - September 28th, 2020
- What You Need to Know Before Tattoo Removal - - RushPRnews.com - September 26th, 2020
- These innovative regimes and therapies are worth booking well in advance - Connecticut Magazine - September 22nd, 2020
- Chinese Taxi Drivers Ordered To Remove Tattoos - INKED - September 22nd, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How to, Costs, Before and After Pictures ... - September 9th, 2020
- Tattoo removal - Mayo Clinic - September 9th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal - Swinyer-Woseth Dermatology - September 9th, 2020
- 6 Things Everyone Gets Wrong About Laser Tattoo Removal | SELF - September 9th, 2020
- How to Remove Your Unwanted Tattoo Permanently and Safely - Chiang Rai Times - August 25th, 2020
- 10 Things No One Tells You About Tattoo Removal | Glamour - August 22nd, 2020
- How To Remove A Permanent Tattoo: DIY Methods and Surgical ... - August 22nd, 2020
- Laser surgery - Wikipedia - August 22nd, 2020
- 'Erase The Mistake' effort addresses unwanted tattoos - Huntington Herald Dispatch - August 18th, 2020
- Removery's INK-nitiative Will Remove Racist and Hate Tattoos For Free - Tyler Morning Telegraph - August 12th, 2020
- Interest In Tattoo Removal High As Removery Safely Opens Its Doors - PRNewswire - July 15th, 2020
- How to Remove a Tattoo without Laser at Home - September 13th, 2019
- Tattoo removal - Wikipedia - September 13th, 2019