"Ansiedad" marked Carla Morrison's rebirth. After relocating to Paris and not releasing new music in five years, Morrison came back to life thanks to this uptempo R&B-fused pop track that explores her own relationship with mental health. "I want to talk and I can't. I want to breathe and I can't. I want to be and I can't," she sings,allowing herself to be vulnerable. "Ansiedad" was the first single off Morrison's forthcoming album, the highly anticipated follow-up her 2015 Grammy-nominatedAmor Supremo.-- GRISELDA FLORES
Karol G, "Bichota"
Following in the vein of "Tusa" and "Ay, DiOs Mio!,"Karol Ghas found her stride with her brand of languorous reggaetn; sensual but not overtly sexual, empowering but also feminine. "Bichota" produced with longtime collaborator Ovy on the Drums, ismore assertive inboth lyrics and hooks. From the title, which roughly translates to "Boss" and is often used as street slang referring to men, "Bichota" is less about empowerment in the traditional sense, than self-confidence and taking control. "I feel like abichota,they all want to break me but don't know how," she purrs in the opening, immediately catchy refrain. Set to sparse keyboards, "Bichota" is successful by virtue of its simplicity. At a time when the word "empowerment" has been bandied around to support every video that features sexualized images of women, here's one that celebrates body image and attitude without subverting to masculine needs or approval. --LEILA COBO
Mon Laferte, "Biutiful"
Chilean singer-songwriter Mon Laferte became everyone's quarantine alter ego with her encouraging track that is a dose of self-love and empowerment.According to Laferte, the song was born a day she woke up "feeling pretty." Confidently, she sings, "Today, I will make love to myself because I feel biutiful," followed by an explosion of powerful vocals going into the chorus. The alt-pop track dropped alongside a DIY music video recorded in her best friend's apartment in Mexico City.-- G.F.
Nathy Peluso, "Buenos Aires"
The Argentine singer-songwriter kicked off her career in the underground Hip-Hop scene in Spain, writing street poetry and killer rap bars that soon would get her on the map. A true box of surprises, Peluso experiments with neo-soul, perreo fusions, old-school '90s rap, tango, and tropical music but one of her finer pieces is "Buenos Aires." In an urban-dominated world, Peluso blessed music lovers with this intimate alternative blues-meets-soul R&B production, where her impressive falsetto vocals also came out to play. "I composed it in an unusual place and it shows another side of me," Peluso told Billboard. "Buenos Aires" was nominated at the 2020 Latin Grammys for best alternative song, and was performed alongside Fito Paez during the awards ceremony. -- JESSICA ROIZ
Ecko & Cazzu, "Cama Vacia"
Call it Pimpinela for the new generation. Thisinfectious and sultry trap gem about a former couple whose back-and-forth on what went wrong with their relationshiphasEcko spittingsome fiery freestyle skills that are married with Cazzu's sugary vocals.The collabbrings to the forefront two of the pioneers of the Argentine trap movement and their musical evolution. On "Cama Vacia," they keep true tothatunderground sound thatcatapulted them, but also add a touch of romance in thisintriguing love story. The black-and-white music video, directed by Renderpanic in Argentina, shows both artists paying a model homage to Bonnie & Clyde. --J.R.
Ozuna feat. Karol G and Myke Towers, "Caramelo" (Remix)
The first single of Ozuna's ENOC is a sticky track, made sweeter still by Karol G's feminine touch and Myke Tower's deeper baritone contrasting with Ozuna's high tenor."Caramelo" doesn't go the raunchy remix route, but instead, sticks close to the whimsy of the original, sexy but not sexual, suggestive but never showing too much. It helps, of course, that Ozuna has an uncanny knack for penning highly melodic tracks with immediately catchy choruses. The original "Caramelo" was a pop smash with a reggaetn beat. The remix with Karol G and Towers lends it additional texture to become a highly addictive track. -- L.C.
Prince Royce feat. Myke Towers, "Carita de Inocente (Remix)"
Prince Royce returned to his bachata rootswith "Carita de Inocente." The song, which held strong atop Billboard'sTropical Airplaychart for a record 29 weeks at No. 1,got a reboot with Myke Towers that improves the original.It starts with traditional bachata and then transitions to Latin trap beats with alternative guitar riffs before picking up to bachata again. We also get a taste of Towers singing abilities -- as opposed to the hip-hop, freestyle flow that characterizes him. Who ever knew that Towers' crisp, almost hoarse vocals could merge so well with bachata -- J.R.
Eslabon Armado "Con Tus Besos"
This regional Mexican teenage trio proved that you don't need raunchy lyrics to make a hit in 2020. Placing all bets on an ultra romantic ballad,frontman Pedro Tovar innocently sings, "You make me feel good with your kisses, I just love the way you are." Staying true to the band's identifiable fusion of traditional acoustic guitars with the electric bass, this sierreo track almost didn't make it on Eslabon Armado'sVibras de Nochealbum, because it wasn't "good enough" for the band -- but they were ultimately convinced to include by Tovar's mom. It peaked at No. 15 on the Hot Latin Songs chart.-- G.F.
Bad Bunny, Jhay Cortez "Dkiti"
This genre-bending reggaetn track made Billboard history, becoming the first Latin hit to simultaneously crown both the Billboard Global 200 and the Billboard Global Excl. U.S. charts. The futuristic and daring single, built around an edgy synth riff, works for many reasons -- namely a catchy chorus and the melding of two distinctive voices -- but what makes this song The Songis the tracks ultimate head-bobbing climax, which instantly turns the song into a euphoric synth-pop banger. --G.F.
Christian Nodal & ngela Aguilar, "Dime Como Quieres"
As part of the new generation of regional Mexican artists,Nodal and Aguilar are hoping to revive the tradition of spectacular duets in the genre."Think of what the duet betweenJuan Gabrieland Rocio Durcal meant back then," Aguilar toldBillboard. Sure, those are pretty big shoes to fill. But still, Nodal and Aguilera have taken a convincing step in the right direction with some nostalgia despite their ages.-- J.R.
"Dolerme" was an outlier in every sense of the word: An acoustic, guitar-based pop track with rock spirit -- albeit with electronic and flamenco brush strokes -- it sounded unlike anything Rosala had done before. This was another, perhaps more urgent Rosala than the one we usually hear in her big commercial hits. But this cowrite with Frank Dukes, Matthew Tavares and longtime collaborator El Guincho underscored the Spanish star's versatility, while showcasing her vocals in a different, yet equally impressive light. -- L.C.
Malumas plaintive lyrics on Hawi, about a girl hes lost to another man, gain added urgency when it's revealed to be a song of love for the time of social media (Vacation in Hawi, congratulations; really nice what you post on Instagram so I see it), After all, havent we all been there? It sounds facile, but Hawi is not only catchy but poignant, with wistful verses that already feel like a distant memory. A juggernaut in its original version (topping Billboardsfirst-ever Global Excl. U.S.chart) Hawi gained new traction when The Weeknd jumped on the track, singing that opening verse in English and then the chorus in Spanish, his smooth vocals meshing perfectly with Malumas; two huge pop stars in a single track for double the appeal. It was added validation for a song that managed to capture the universal feelings of loss and spite, and mesh them with the fleeting yet permanent trappings of a digital era. --L.C.
Carlos Vives & Jessie Reyez, "Hechicera"
This powerful and explosive collaboration opens Carlos Vives' beautiful and soul-searching albumCumbiana. The two generations of Colombian artists come together for this tropipop Spanglish track that fuses Vives' distinctive vallenato and cumbia beats, and honors Bachu, a goddess that emerges from the water.It's a perfect example of two distinct generations and styles brought together through a profound respect for music. -- G.F.
Gente de Zona & Becky G, "Muchacha"
The first collab between the Cuban duo and the Mexican American singer is a departure from Gente De Zona's more tropical fare of late, incorporating a Cuban clave rhythm with Becky G's raps -- as she transforms from car mechanic to princess (after praying to la virgen y los santos) in the video, clad in a slinky blue dress with sneakers. The video for "Muchacha" was eye candy, while the song was fun to dance to -- but also fun to decipher in its use of the clave to the beat of the word "Mu-cha-cha," a clever nod that kicks things up a notch. --L.C.
Banda MS, Snoop Dogg "Qu Maldicin"
Speculations of a collaboration between Snoop Dogg and Banda MS began circulating the after the rapper posted a Banda MS song on his Instagram in 2016.Nothing happened untillastMay when the West Coast icon and the regional Mexican chart-topping band delivered their bicultural, bilingual smash hit "Qu Maldicin." Not surprisingly, the track organically fuses banda with hip-hop, an unorthodox combination that proves effective once again. The fusion was pioneered in the early 2000s by Mexican hip-hop duo Akwid. "Qu Maldicin," about a curse that falls on a man following a heartbreak, debuted at No. 4 on the Hot Latin Songs chart, becoming both acts' first fop 10 debut on the listing. -- G.F.
Alejandro Fernndez & Mon Laferte, "Que Se Sepa Nuestro Amor"
From the cover art, which evokes the golden age of Mexican cinema, we know we're in for a treat with Alejandro Fernndez and Mon Laferte together. "Que Se Sepa Nuestro Amor" is a grandiose ranchera, performed by not just two great voices, but two great personalities -- a beautifully executed reminder of true excellence across genres. Please, put this in a film. -- L.C.
Sech, Rosala, Balvin, Daddy Yankee & Farruko, "Relacin" (Remix)
Sech's "Relacin,'' a song about living your best life after a toxic relationship,took on a life of its own on TikTok, with over four million creator videos on the app as of press time. Spurred on by the song's success on social media, Sechwhipped together astar-studded remix featuring Rosala, Daddy Yankee, J Balvin, and Farruko, with producersDimelo Flow and Slow Miketransitioning the track from areggaetn beat to an infectious merengue fusion.Rosala also gives this remix a nice touch, flaunting her high vocals at the very beginning. -- J.R.
Residente's most intimate and personal song to date is a seven-minute long story of his life, going through childhood,depression, death and censorship -- and using his birth name, Ren, as the title. The "therapeutic" single was born two years ago and sheds light on his self-discovery process. "I had a lot of situations happening at the moment," he told Billboard, recalling a time he felt so bad that he didn't want to go on stage. "I had never felt like that in my life."He started writing the track the following day. "Ren" was released in February during Residente's birthday week, and helped inspire other confessional tracks in 2020, including Kendo Kaponi's "Resistencia," Ozuna's "Gracias," and Anuel's "3 de Abril" -- J.R.
Black Eyed Peas &J Balvin "Ritmo (Bad Boys For Life)"
So simple but so devastatingly effective -- did anyone not dance or work out to this song by the time the year was over? Aside from reviving '90s dance hitmaker Corona "Ritmo" -- with its bilingual lyrics and irresistible beats -- marked the return of the Black Eyed Peas to the top 40 of the Hot 100 after a decade. It also gave the group its first ever No. 1 on the Hot Latin Songs chart. -- L.C.
J Balvin, "Rojo"
On his conceptual album Colores, where he names each song after a color, "Rojo" is one of the softer reggaetn tracks on the set, fused with galactic-inspired rhythms.Coming after the head-bopping "Blanco" and hip-shaking "Morado,"it once againshowcased J Balvin's romantic side. The cinematic music video, directed by Colin Tilley, pays tribute to that, showing Balvin getting into a fatal car accident while on his way to the hospital to see his newborn. "Rojo" scored Balvin his 23rd No. 1 on Latin Airplay, good for the second-most of any artist. -J.R.
Rauw Alejandro & Camilo, "Tattoo" (Remix)
Rauw Alejandro's "Tattoo" landed a remix in July featuring fellow emerging artist Camilo, who took the already great reggaetn track to the next levelwith his distinctive poetic lyrics and ever-so-soothing vocals. Staying true to its rhythmic pop core, the new take on "Tattoo" finds Alejandro and Camilo trading slick verses about falling for a girl who has them wrapped around her finger. The track is pure bliss, with catchy and innocent lyrics-- a nice change of pace these days --such as, "I'm dying for the type of kiss that you don't give to a friend/ I realized that I live for that smile" - G.F.
Farruko, "La Txica"
Short, precise and catchy. That's how we'd best describe Farruko's chart-topping summer smash -- a core reggaetn bop that takes the Puerto Rican singer-songwriter back to his roots. "La Txica" starts off with a simple piano tune. Then, nearly one minute in, an explosive reggaetn beat carries the rest of the song. "La Txica" scored Farrukohis ninth career No. 1 on Billboard's Latin Airplay chart (dated Nov. 28). -- G.F.
Carin Leon, "T"
Banda and norteo up and comer Carin Leon gathered his band in a home studio during lockdown in Mexico, and recorded a series of acoustic songs -- "some originals, other versions" -- which he gathered into two excellent albums. "T," a cover of a pop song originally penned by hitmaker Estfano back in the 2000s, is particularly outstanding in Leon's poignant vocals, a reminder that a good song works in so many settings. It's also a great step for an artist who took a risk, and won the gamble. He is a voice to reckon with in regional Mexican. -- L.C.
J Balvin, Dua Lipa, Bad Bunny & Tainy, "Un Da (One Day)"
Bad Bunny, J Balvin and Tainy have already proven to be an effective formula. So,what do you get when you add pop darling Dua Lipa to the mix? A nostalgic, dreamy track that laces seductive pop melodies with dancehall and reggaetn flair, it reflects onlove and heartbreak, portrayed on the video by actress rsula Corber (Money Heist).The Spanglish bop topped the Hot Latin Songs chart in August, staying at No. 1 for five weeks. -- G.F.
Bad Bunny, "Yo Perreo Sola"
A standout track on Bunny's first of three albums in 2020,YHLQMDLG,"Yo Perreo Sola" (I Twerk Alone) is the ultimate quarantine anthem for its embrace oftwerking by yourself and being single as a way of life. "If she needs you, she'll call you, but right now she's on her own" the artist born Benito Antonio Martnez Ocasio sings. The simple female empowerment song became a hit in large part because of its catchy chorus, delivered via Nesi's distinctive, fresh vocals, which captivate you instantly and will have you reciting after her "Yo Perreo Sola" hook over and over again.--G.F.
- 10 of the best talented Calgary tattoo artists to get inked by | Curated - Daily Hive - March 8th, 2021
- CURTIS HONEYCUTT: With friends like these ... | Features | albanyherald.com - The Albany Herald - February 17th, 2021
- Stephen Bear branded sick by fans for pretending girlfriend was pregnant with twins with scan ripped off Goo - The Sun - February 10th, 2021
- Local tattoo shops see increase in business as the COVID-19 pandemic continues - The Morning Sun - February 7th, 2021
- Nagaland Locals Shift House On Foot, Watch Video: Trending Topics, Viral Videos and Funny Memes of The Day - LatestLY - February 7th, 2021
- Justice League's Snyder Cut Is Fixing The Most Hated Part Of Leto's Joker - Screen Rant - February 4th, 2021
- Anderson: Sarasota fugitive still running, only now the chase is on to catch him - Sarasota Herald-Tribune - January 30th, 2021
- Married teacher found guilty of having sex with student in a field - Yahoo News Australia - January 30th, 2021
- 23 Fun Long Nail Designs to Copy in 2021 - The Trend Spotter - January 30th, 2021
- One Of The Proud Boys Who Stormed The Capitol Had Instructions For Making Guns And Bombs In His Home, FBI Says - BuzzFeed News - January 30th, 2021
- These Amazing Quilters Will Inspire You To Take Up A New Pandemic Hobby - HuffPost Canada - January 30th, 2021
- Tattoo industry striving to safely ink their way through pandemic - KXXV News Channel 25 - January 25th, 2021
- Former Xbox, SEGA, And EA Head Peter Moore Returns To Gaming - Screen Rant - January 22nd, 2021
- Feds: Man arrested near US Capitol had truckload of weapons - Daily Mountain Eagle - January 15th, 2021
- Tattoo artists share 6 of their favorite designs to ink, and 5 they don't really like - Yahoo News - January 12th, 2021
- US Capitol riot: the myths behind the tattoos worn by 'QAnon shaman' Jake Angeli - The Conversation UK - January 12th, 2021
- The Myths Behind the Tattoos Worn by 'QAnon Shaman' Jake Angeli - Snopes.com - January 12th, 2021
- Khanyi Mbaus racy tattoo has got the timeline buzzing - All4Women - January 12th, 2021
- Records: Alabama man on bond arrested after Capitol riot - Daily Mountain Eagle - January 12th, 2021
- How Memorial Tattoos Can Help With The Grieving Process - HuffPost - January 9th, 2021
- A radish in a tutu walking a dog? This AI can draw it really well - ABC17News.com - January 9th, 2021
- Stefflon Don Shows Off Upper Thigh Tattoo In Gucci Swimsuit During Ghana Vacation - The Inquisitr - January 9th, 2021
- George Gerdes, Bosch and Girl With the Dragon Tattoo actor, dies at 72 - Yahoo Entertainment - January 5th, 2021
- Taking a look at the Most Useful Android Apps - Programming Insider - January 5th, 2021
- Suspects charged in connection with Steelton shooting - PennLive - January 5th, 2021
- Skin in the game: why getting a tattoo helped me achieve my goals - The Guardian - January 3rd, 2021
- How the Networks Will Fill Airtime on a Quiet New Years Eve - The New York Times - December 31st, 2020
- Why Werent We All Invited To Neymars New Years Eve Party? - The18 - December 31st, 2020
- Mars is revealing its angel, devil and heart "tattoos" as ice melts at its south pole - SYFY WIRE - December 27th, 2020
- Turn Your RPG Character's Into Inked Showcases With The Tome of Mystical Tattoos - TheGamer - December 27th, 2020
- Bloke asks for his mums advice on what tattoo to get and takes her answer WAY too seriously - The Irish Sun - December 23rd, 2020
- Bloke asks for his mums advice on what tattoo to get and takes her answer WAY too seriously - The Sun - December 21st, 2020
- Cyberpunk 2077: The Face Tattoos, Ranked - TheGamer - December 17th, 2020
- Cardi B Is Being Sued For The Use Of A Tattoo On Her Album Cover - mit inc - December 12th, 2020
- This Mom Tattooed Her Toddler & We're Actually On Board With It - Yahoo Lifestyle - December 12th, 2020
- Inked for The Very First Time: Madonna shares behind-the-scenes photos of first tattoo at 62 - The Independent - December 9th, 2020
- Keke Palmer Showcases Upper Thigh Tattoo In Tiny Plaid Dress & Leather Knee-High Boots - The Inquisitr - December 8th, 2020
- Sophie Turner shares a never-before-seen photo with Joe Jonas from her pregnancy - Insider - INSIDER - December 6th, 2020
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Or Memphis Depay Or Sergio Ramos: Whos Got The Best Tattoo On Their Back? - IWMBuzz - December 3rd, 2020
- Oliver Peck Net Worth | What is Tattoo Artist Oliver Peck's Net Worth? - The Cinemaholic - December 2nd, 2020
- Rulers of the Upper Realm, Thunderbirds Are Powerful Native Spirits - National Audubon Society - December 1st, 2020
- Through Positive Eyes: living with HIV and Aids - a photo essay - The Guardian - December 1st, 2020
- A Life On Our Planet: 10 Behind The Scenes Facts You Need To Know - Screen Rant - November 27th, 2020
- Lockdown-defying tattoo shop raided for second time as owner wrongly cites Magna Carta - The Samford Crimson - November 27th, 2020
- EndSARS Protester Inscribes Tattoo On His Chest To Commemorate The Killing Of Nigerians At The Lekki Toll Gate (Photos) - GH Gossip - November 21st, 2020
- Born into occupation, young Afghans fear the Taliban will crush their freedoms when US troops exit - The Bakersfield Californian - November 21st, 2020
- David Fincher: Studios don't want to make anything that can't make billions - FOX 28 Spokane - November 20th, 2020
- BEST PLACES TO GET TATTOOS ON YOUR BODY - Artvoice - November 16th, 2020
- David Fincher: Studios don't want to make anything that can't make billions - lcbcradio.com - November 16th, 2020
- Family Fun: Rocking joy into the world with vibrantly painted rocks - The Spokesman-Review - November 16th, 2020
- The Inconclusive World of Tattoos in the Workplace - Fordham Observer - November 12th, 2020
- Police issue CCTV images of three men over incident on train via Dalmuir - Clydebank Post - November 12th, 2020
- Images released of men after rammy on board Glasgow train - Glasgow Times - November 11th, 2020
- 'I'd been avoiding looking at myself': Breast cancer survivors reveal how mastectomy tattoos changed them - 7NEWS.com.au - November 11th, 2020
- Red Notice: Ryan Reynolds Edits Young Versions of Him & Dwayne Johnson Into Image - Screen Rant - October 31st, 2020
- The Weeknd Likes to Keep a Lot of Things a Mystery Potential Tattoos Included - POPSUGAR - October 30th, 2020
- MAGNUM To Release Special Album, Dance Of The Black Tattoo, In January - bravewords.com - October 24th, 2020
- Images released of suspect in four North York break-and-enters - Toronto Sun - October 23rd, 2020
- 25 Carefree Bird Tattoos for Men in 2020 - The Trend Spotter - October 16th, 2020
- Before They Were Tatted: 10 Rockers Before + After Their Tattoos - Loudwire - October 14th, 2020
- Perthshire farm worker posing as teen rumbled in online paedophile trap by tattoo of his own name - The Courier - October 10th, 2020
- 20 Unforgettable Moon Tattoos for Women in 2020 - The Trend Spotter - October 9th, 2020
- V,I, Council on the Arts celebrated Arts and Humanities Month - Virgin Islands Daily News - October 9th, 2020
- First fossil feather found belonged to this dinosaur - Deccan Herald - October 6th, 2020
- True Meaning behind Paris Jackson & Godfather Macaulay Culkin's Matching Spoon Tattoos - AmoMama - October 6th, 2020
- Artists Quarantine With Their Art Collections - Hyperallergic - October 4th, 2020
- Survivors, First Responders Use Tattoos To Cover Scars From The Route 91 Shooting - KNPR - October 2nd, 2020
- First Fossil Feather Ever Found Belonged to This Dinosaur - The New York Times - September 30th, 2020
- Dolly Parton Addresses Those Tattoo Rumors, Reveals the Moving Reason Behind Her Tasteful Ink - Yahoo Entertainment - September 24th, 2020
- Chinese city orders taxi drivers to remove tattoos (for the women and children) - bdnews24.com - September 24th, 2020
- Chinese city orders taxi drivers to remove tattoos for the women and children - Deccan Herald - September 22nd, 2020
- People are getting coronavirus-themed tattoos of masks, toilet paper - Insider - INSIDER - September 20th, 2020
- Surveillance Images Show Denver Burglar Who Has 25 Tattooed On Forehead - CBS Denver - September 18th, 2020
- The Black Lives Matter Movement Will Change the Future of Tattooing - Yahoo Lifestyle - September 10th, 2020
- Conroe man hit with huge 60-year sentence - Woodlands Online - September 9th, 2020
- Daytonian of the Week lets her artwork tell the story it wants to communicate - dayton.com - September 9th, 2020
- Artist selected to paint mural on Garrett City Hall - KPCnews.com - September 8th, 2020
- How to deal with your negative inner voice when running - The Irish Times - September 7th, 2020
- Jada Kingdom Shows Off Tattoo Of Boyfriends Name On Her Neck - DancehallMag - September 6th, 2020
- Jungkook Reveals New Tattoo With Meaning That Warms The BTS Army's Hearts - Talent Recap - September 2nd, 2020