The silver lining of having to spend most of the last year at home is that it's given us more time to try new things, whether that's baking sourdough bread, knitting socks, or experimenting with makeup colours you usually don't wear. And a new year brings a fresh set of makeup trends to master, so if you're already bored of the looks you've perfected while quarantining in 2020, then you've found yourself in the right corner of the magazine. For 2021, vibrant colours and nostalgia are two major themes, which makes complete sense since many of us have been finding comfort in watching old TV shows or painting our nails cheery colours throughout the pandemic. Ahead, weve compiled the makeup trends that are going to blow up in 2021, according to experts.
With all of the mask wearing in our future, experts predict that smoldering eye looks will be famous among the 2021 makeup trend set.
A classic, wet-lined liner look can really make us feel put-together. Were obsessed with Nyx Professional Makeup Retractable Eyeliner. They're clean, and they come in all colours.
With all eyes on eyes, experts predict lots of playfulness when it comes to bright-coloured mascaras and technicolour lashes.
The sky is the limit where formula and colour are concerned, and if you're building up your sea legs, using one coat of coloured mascara first, followed by a stroke of black or brown a layering technique that will give you a slightly more subdued take on the trend.
As far as specifics when it comes to our wands of choice, we love the cobalt blue and deep-sea green options from LOral.
Are you noticing a theme here? Undoubtedly, 2021 will be the year for everything eyes and lashes, and the longer and more lifted, the better where your flutter is concerned.
Lash lifts will be an up-and-coming trend surge as far as splurge-worthy treatments go. This is a super-easy and accessible way to have a major beauty look with minimum effort. Look for technicians in your neighbourhood and make sure that you read their customer reviews!
That said, if your local lash spot isn't open or if you're not comfortable making appointments just yet, you still have options for maximum lash potential. Surratt Beauty's Noir Lash Tint might look bizarre, but it will give you the longest fringe you've ever had from a tube, and falsies or customisable gossamers will never go out of style.
There has been a definitive shift in focus from our pouts, but that doesn't mean we'll have no need for a megawatt lip moment in the coming year. (We're still predicting lots and lots of Zoom calls, Instagram Lives, and more in 2021.) Experts take? Choose something that's bold and has stamina.
Long-wear lipstick never had a more relevant place in our beauty bags! Apply a couple of coats of your favourite stain and blot in between each application this will stain your lips and allow you to wear a bold colour without it getting smeared all over your face if you end up putting a mask on. Armani Beauty's Lip Maestro collection is our absolute favourite. The colour range is epic, and the formula feels amazing on your lips.
Early 2000s makeup is back for 2021 with full, feathery brows and soft, chocolate brown lips.
The key, however, is to keep things light and fresh. To try the look yourself, filling in your brows with light, upward strokes using a thin brow pencil, which ensures a more realistic finish that mimics your natural brow hairs.
Then, create your chocolatey brown lip by outlining your pout with a flesh-tone lip liner, filling it all in with a moisturising lipstick, and pressing your lips together to blur out the lip line. Experts favourite is Propa Beauty's collection of lipstick, which contains a wide variety of neutral brown hues that cater to all skin tones.
We reported clean, glowing skin as a top beauty trend to watch earlier, and we were right on target.
Rocking your real and true skin will be where its at for 2021, and that means having a stellar skincare routine. We love a triple cleanse for creating a super-clear base start with a gentle face cleanser and massage it into the skin without rinsing. Next, add a facial scrub on top of the cleanser and massage it in, focusing on the nose, chin, and forehead, where theres usually a lot of product buildup. Again, dont rinse! Layer on a detox mask, which will help nix impurities, leaving your complexion soft and hydrated.
Leave all three products on for five minutes, rinse well with cool water, and pat your face dry. Refresh your skin with a face mist and add a hydrating face oil on top, pressing it softly into your skin to help stimulate blood flow and absorption. Do this one to two times per week for the best skin youll ever have in your life. No makeup required!
Of all the bourgeoning makeup trends on the rise for 2021, bold and bright eyelids are our absolute favourite.
Its time to get creative with the eyes and use all the colours of the rainbow to create something bold and unique on your eyelids. To re-create the runway look at home, painting colour-block shapes on the eyes with Juvia's Place Wahala II Eyeshadow Palette, or if you want something a tad more subtle, you can reach for a coloured liner instead. We love this trend because the sky is the limit, and youre free to be as expressive as you want to be!
You've probably seen graphic eyeliner looks all over Instagram, thanks to people getting creative with their eye makeup in response to face masks covering the lower half of our faces for most of 2020. This year, sharp lines are still going strong, whether it's a classic cat eye or a '60s-inspired negative space liner.
Opt for a creamy gel liner with a fine tip. You'll easily be able to draw precise lines without any tugging, but it also wont smudge or melt off. Maybelline's TattooStudio Waterproof Long Wearing Eyeliner Pencil is one of our go-to drugstore gel liners.
What do teenagers do when there's nothing to do? Make daring, permanent decisions with their aesthetic, of course. That can come in the form of a tattoo, a new piercing, or shaving their head (as we've seen a lot of teenage girls do on TikTok). Indeed, idle time made some fashion and makeup trends stand out in 2020. But none have been more consequential to late 2020 than the eyebrow slit, which gained popularity that will only carry through to 2021.
Eyebrow trends are known for evolving in the makeup world, and this semi-permanent change has a lot of people excited. It's edgy, unexpected, and surprising we can't help but feel that a lot of teens shocked their reserved parents with the boldness that the trend brings.
But eyebrow slits have been around for a long time. Coming onto the scene during the hip-hop era, eyebrow slits are indicative of a rebellious youth culture. So as far as 2021 is concerned, the timing of this trend coming back into the spotlight couldn't be better.
Its time to reverse your glitter application. This year well be rocking glitter under the eyes instead of on the lid. You heard it here first.
So bust out your wallet and head over to your local craft store, because glitter, sequins, and sparkle (with a hint of moodiness, courtesy of Euphoria's characters) will be one of the best makeup trends in 2021.
- The Ron Swanson Mistake You Never Noticed In Parks And Recreation - Looper - April 4th, 2021
- Ireland Baldwin Reveals Creative Use For David Bowie Tattoo - The Inquisitr News - April 4th, 2021
- Watch Travis Barkers Daughter Alabama Cover Up His Face Tattoos With Makeup - menshealth.com - April 4th, 2021
- Is There KVD Beauty Without Kat Von D? - The Business of Fashion - March 8th, 2021
- What Is Microshading? Heres What To Know About the No-Maintenance, Feathery Brows Everyones Talking About - Well+Good - March 8th, 2021
- Jennifer Aniston finally reveals the meaning behind her '11 11' wrist tattoo - Cosmopolitan UK - March 8th, 2021
- Popular new makeup products to try in 2021 - Belfast Live - February 19th, 2021
- Woman Reacts To Seeing Boyfriend For First Time Without Tattoo-Covered Face - BroBible - February 19th, 2021
- Test Pattern Director Shatara Michelle Ford on Making Their First Film and Being Emotionally Truthful - TheStranger.com - February 19th, 2021
- Here's Why Jeffree Star's 'Delicious' Neck Tattoo Is One Of His Favorites - TheThings - February 17th, 2021
- Blue Light Body Arts to open on the bricks in spring - Hays Daily News - February 17th, 2021
- Exploring the ever-diminishing returns of the Crow franchise - The Spool - February 14th, 2021
- 'Justice League': Check out Jared Leto's freaky Joker in the trailer for Zack Snyder's new HBO Max cut - USA TODAY - February 14th, 2021
- JUSTICE LEAGUE Director Zack Snyder Addresses Absence Of The Joker's SUICIDE SQUAD Tattoos In The Snyder Cut - CBM (Comic Book Movie) - February 11th, 2021
- Zack Snyder explains why Joker's tattoos were removed in Justice League - Explica - February 11th, 2021
- How TikTok communists are reclaiming the hammer and sickle - i-D - February 11th, 2021
- Why Leto's Joker Doesn't Have His "Damaged" Tattoo In Justice League - Screen Rant - February 10th, 2021
- Site of the day: Want a tattoo? You have to download this app - Explica - February 10th, 2021
- Salma Hayek Shows off Chest Tattoos for New Movie 'Bliss' - PopCulture.com - February 7th, 2021
- The rise of beauty enhancements and Maya Darwiche - Sunrise News - February 7th, 2021
- The eyes have it: Above-the-mask makeup sees pandemic surge - CBC.ca - February 7th, 2021
- BB14 promo: Salman Khan schools Abhinav for his choice of words; asks if he's 'going in the right direction' - Times Now - February 7th, 2021
- Tattoo Stamp - MILK MAKEUP | Sephora - February 6th, 2021
- Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Eyeshadow - Maybelline - February 6th, 2021
- Salma Hayek flaunts new large tattoo and fans freak out - HOLA USA - February 6th, 2021
- Gigi Hadid Now Has A Tattoo Tribute To Baby Girl And It Matches Zayn Maliks - Capital - February 4th, 2021
- Bobrisky lavishes N596k while shopping for lady that tattooed him on her back - Legit.ng - February 4th, 2021
- Make-up artist Mei Pang is turning the internet into her beauty playground - Dazed - February 4th, 2021
- Nick Carter of Backstreet Boys Covered Up His Paris Hilton Tattoo With a Skull and Crossbones - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - February 4th, 2021
- Two Singaporean women pioneering in the rise of hand-poked tattoos - News24 - February 4th, 2021
- Britney Spears Fans Concerned About Singers Well-Being After Her Latest Video Upload - The Inquisitr - February 4th, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra is a sight to behold as the bold and beautiful cover star of Elle UK - Bollywood Hungama - February 4th, 2021
- Promised Neverland: 10 Great Emma Cosplay You Have To See | CBR - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 4th, 2021
- The Multiple Personalities of Johnny Depp: The Smearing of Makeup and a Beloved Actors Career - Mandatory - February 2nd, 2021
- Hunter Schafer on the Reverb of Euphorias Makeup and Her Road-Trip Beauty Essentials - Vanity Fair - January 24th, 2021
- BTS' Jungkook reveals tattoos on show and fans are excited to get a close-up view - CNA - January 24th, 2021
- Forget microblading... These eyebrow tattoo stickers are the in-thing - Jacaranda FM - January 24th, 2021
- Jurassic World: Age, Height, & 8 Other Things You Didn't Know About Jeff Goldblum - Screen Rant - January 24th, 2021
- Foundation getting in the way of your natural freckles? Here's how you can make them pop again - News24 - January 20th, 2021
- Forget Shoes, It's About the Lipstick: Hollywood Stylists Share Lessons Learned From Working in a Pandemic - Hollywood Reporter - January 15th, 2021
- This designer is giving the ancient art of henna a modern makeover - CNN - January 15th, 2021
- Apex Legends: 10 Loba Cosplays That Prove She Is The Best Character - TheGamer - January 15th, 2021
- New fashion trend went viral, women tattooing tattoos to hide dark circles and stretch mark - Primetime - January 12th, 2021
- Assassins Creed Valhalla: 10 Female Eivor Cosplays That Are Battle-Ready - TheGamer - January 12th, 2021
- Justin Bieber Covered Up All His Tattoos for the Anyone Music Video and the Video Is Mesmerizing to Watch - Us Weekly - January 9th, 2021
- Fans Think Cardi B Deserves A Superhero Name | TheThings - TheThings - January 9th, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra In Trouble With UK Cops After Breaking Lockdown Rules - Talent Recap - January 9th, 2021
- Nikita Dragun Masters The Underboob Look In Metallic Bandeau Top With Matching Thigh-High Slit Skirt - The Inquisitr News - January 3rd, 2021
- Justin Bieber Shared a Video of Himself Getting His Tattoos Covered Up for His New "Anyone" Music Video Watch - Allure - January 3rd, 2021
- Prateik Babbar experiments with his hair colour again, goes from red to blue - Republic World - December 28th, 2020
- Cyberpunk 2077: 5 Things That Make No Sense About V (& 5 Fan Theories That Really Do) - TheGamer - December 28th, 2020
- Fashion trends that originated from other cultures - Los Angeles Times - December 28th, 2020
- 89 Best Truth or Dare Questions and Dares - Teen Vogue - December 28th, 2020
- Louisa Johnson Showcases Chest Tattoo In Low-Cut White Top For A Series Of Close-Up Snaps - The Inquisitr - December 23rd, 2020
- Get the Look: a gold mine of information about gilded makeup looks - Irish Examiner - December 21st, 2020
- Replicating Success In The ECommerce World: A Case Study With James Khuri - Forbes - December 21st, 2020
- Pete Davidson is reportedly in the process of removing all of his tattoos - 21-Dec-2020 - NZ Entertainment news - NZCity - December 21st, 2020
- TRIED & TESTED: "I got my eyebrows tattooed with a freehand blade. Here's how it went." - Mamamia - December 18th, 2020
- Permanent Makeup Information: Eyeliner, Lipstick, and More - December 18th, 2020
- People Have a Lot of Feelings About Pete Davidson Removing All of His Tattoos - POPSUGAR - December 17th, 2020
- Are Hair and Beauty Salons Allowed to Be Open in Tier 3? - POPSUGAR United Kingdom - December 17th, 2020
- Docs with Tattoos: More Relatable to Patients? - MedPage Today - December 14th, 2020
- Keep Your Eye On These Young Designers From Around the World - W Magazine - December 3rd, 2020
- Carmen Electra, 48, Nearly Bursts Out Of Plunging Corset While Caressing Her Chest - The Inquisitr - November 26th, 2020
- 7 of the best and 6 of the worst beauty trends of the year, so far - INSIDER - November 25th, 2020
- Guns N Roses Stars Daughter Draws All Eyes To Her Backside As She Strikes A Sultry Pose With ... - Metalhead Zone - November 25th, 2020
- Gen-Z is finding alternatives to traditional mental health resources through social media - Yahoo Lifestyle - November 21st, 2020
- KVD Vegan Beauty Debuts Holiday 2020 with First-Ever Fully-Recycled Eyeshadow Palette, Dazzling Shadows Sticks, Vegan Lashes and a Plethora of... - November 20th, 2020
- Astanza Wins Top Aesthetic Company, Best Laser Service and Training, and Best Laser Company to Work For in the Aesthetic Everything 2020 Aesthetic and... - November 20th, 2020
- Valeria Micropigmentation Is One of The Most Trusted Solution for Permanent Makeup - Press Release - Digital Journal - November 18th, 2020
- Revealed: The Get The Gloss Beauty and Wellness Awards 2020 winners - Get The Gloss - November 18th, 2020
- Queen Icon Roger Taylors Daughter Tiger Lily Looks Sexy In Red, Shows A Secret Tattoo And Explains ... - Metalhead Zone - November 18th, 2020
- New Zealand has just elected one of the most diverse parliaments in the world. Here's how it stacks up - KESQ - November 18th, 2020
- Cardi B Puts Her Colorful Leg Tattoo on Display in a Red Reebok Outfit from Her New Collection - AmoMama - November 16th, 2020
- Lee Sang Yeob Hilariously Pretends To Be Bentley From The Future On The Return Of Superman - soompi - November 16th, 2020
- Tejaswini Pandit Flaunts A Rare Barcode Tattoo, Fans Wonder What Scanning It Will Lead To? - Zee Kannada - November 12th, 2020
- Chris Evans Has 9 Hidden Tattoos Here's What They Mean - POPSUGAR - November 11th, 2020
- Assassins Creed Valhalla Will Feature Photo Mode at Launch. Know All The Updates Right Here ! - Stanford Arts Review - November 9th, 2020
- 'Welcome to Plathville': The Plaths Are More Divided Than Ever in the Season 2 Sneak Peek Moriah Calls Her Parents' House a 'Cage,' Ethan Gets a... - November 9th, 2020
- 'The Serbs stared at us, so we stared back. They have no awareness of fat people' - Haaretz.com - November 9th, 2020