Jeff Goldblum is basically a national treasure. The beloved actor has been a star for decades but there's still a lot that fans don't know about him.
A pop culture icon for the ages, Jeff Goldblum has it all from his dashing good looks to his magnetic personality. Acting professionally since 1974, Goldblum has charmed fans from Invasion Of The Body Snatchers to the MCU'sThor: Ragnarok. Famous for playing the sexy geek and for his signature stammered speaking cadence, Jeff Goldblum has truly become a beloved household name.
RELATED:The Ultimate Jeff Goldblum Gift Guide
A busy man with a successful career, Goldblum recently wrapped production on Jurassic World: Dominion in which he reprises his classic role as Dr. Ian Malcolm, and Disney+confirmed early last year that a second season of The World According To Jeff Goldblum is in the works. Whether he is wearing the hat of actor, musician, or father and husband, Jeff Goldblum is truly a delight.
Jeffrey Lynn Goldblum was born on October 22nd of 1952, in West Homestead, Pennsylvania. He grew up for most of his early life in the Pittsburgh area and still considers it one of his homes.
So much so, that the Pittsburgh City Council made July 13th their honorary "Jeff Goldblum Day" (yes, this is real). The tattoo artists that came up with the idea for the unique holiday were surprised in 2019 when Goldblum himself showed up to hang out at his shop and sign autographs.
Goldblum stands at a surprising 6 foot 4 1/2 inches tall. Known for his work in Jurassic Park, Independence Day, and many other classics, he often looms over his co-stars and his fans love it.
RELATED:10 Of The Best Jeff Goldblum Appearances
Sweet and thoughtful, he can regularly be seen leaning down politely to speak with fans and friends alike who don't quite share his gift of height.He even starred in the titular role of the 1989 British rom-com The Tall Guy.
Goldblum was married to Patricia Gaul from 1980 to 1986. Soon after their divorce, Goldblum married actressGeena Davis. They shared the big screen together in Transylvania 6-5000, Earth Girls Are Easy, and The Fly, but divorced three years later in 1990.
Goldblum lived the single life for some time after that, dating Jurassic Park co-star Laura Dern in the mid-90s. He finally met the love of his life at the gym, of all places. He started dating an ex-Olympian Emilie Livingston in 2009, and the happy couple married in 2014.
The Goldblum family grew in no time. Married in 2014, Charlie Ocean Goldblum was born the next year on the 4th of July. Two years later, little brother River Joe Goldblum made his debut in April of 2017.
Fans can keep up with the family's adorable antics on Emilie Goldblum's Instagram. She posts new pictures, videos, and stories about the day-to-day lives of herself, the kids, and their dog Woody on a daily basis.
Despite keeping his acting aspirations a secret from his parents for some time after High School, Goldblum studied at both New York City's Neighborhood Playhouse, as well as attending the Summer drama program at Carnegie Mellon University back home in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
RELATED:10 Most Iconic Jeff Goldblum Movie Quotes
Though hedoes not officially have a college degree, heoccasionally taught acting and improvisational classes in Hollywood in the late 90s.
Jeff Goldblum is largely thought of as wholesome and kind to fans, but he is known to overshare. Eager to keep a conversation going, it isn't uncommon for him to ramble on strange and comedic tangents from anything to film history to odd personal facts.
He once told the story of the nightthat he tried to hire a sex worker when he was only 13-years-old. Having heard vague stories of a "red light district," he went to find out what it was about with only $5 in his pocket. He immediately chickened out and never returned.
Jeff Goldblum is not only an actor, but he is also a talented musician. He started playing jazz piano at only 14-years-old and continues the hobby to this day. He is part of the band "Jeff Goldblum & The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra."
RELATED:The World According To Jeff Goldblum: 10 Topics To Explore In Season 2
Prior to the pandemic, jazz fans could catch the band playing a few times a month at Rockwell Table And Stage in Hollywood, California. Happy to mingle and casually chat with fans, Goldblum often had impromptu trivia sessions about movies and his career between sets.
Mr. Goldblum does not keep it a secret that he enjoys attention, and he even seeks it out. The actor makes frequent convention appearances, is happy to casually chat at his jazz concerts, and allows graciously excessive time for taking photos with fans.
He has also admitted that he regularly checks the #JeffGoldblum tag on Instagram, and even Googles himself to see what people are talking about, or how certain photos turned out that he took with fans.
David Cronenberg's unsettling science-fiction horror flick The Fly received Oscar buzz around its release. The 1989 classic was rumored to be up for several nominations, including one for Jeff Goldblum's stellar performance, as well as the incredible, groundbreaking makeup effects used to transform him from man into monster.
Unfortunately, Goldblum was snubbed. The Academy was hesitant to nominate afilm of its kind, which strayed far outside of their usual choices.
Jeff Goldblum made his way into the Marvel Cinematic Universe draped in gold and turquoise refinery in Taika Waitit's colorful and comedic take on Thor: Ragnarok. A dictator of a faraway planet called Sakaar, The Grandmaster rules with an iron fist and a flair for the ridiculous.
Waititi wrote the part specifically for Goldblum. Throughout production, he heavily encouraged him to play with the role, improvising as much as he wanted, rather than sticking strictly to the script.
NEXT:10 Strangest Jeff Goldblum Movies, Ranked By Rotten Tomatoes
Next My Hero Academia: 10 Things Fans May Not Have Known About Toru, The Invisible Girl
Passionate about writing and the entertainment industry, Alex currently works as a freelance writer for ScreenRant, GameRant, and TheThings. She is also a screenwriter, and holds degrees in Film Production and Fine Arts. Twitter: itsjustalex13
Read the original post:
- Tinkerbell with tattoos, inked Incredibles; Disney to allow visible tattoos on cast members - WKRG News 5 - April 19th, 2021
- The Ron Swanson Mistake You Never Noticed In Parks And Recreation - Looper - April 4th, 2021
- Ireland Baldwin Reveals Creative Use For David Bowie Tattoo - The Inquisitr News - April 4th, 2021
- Watch Travis Barkers Daughter Alabama Cover Up His Face Tattoos With Makeup - menshealth.com - April 4th, 2021
- Is There KVD Beauty Without Kat Von D? - The Business of Fashion - March 8th, 2021
- What Is Microshading? Heres What To Know About the No-Maintenance, Feathery Brows Everyones Talking About - Well+Good - March 8th, 2021
- Jennifer Aniston finally reveals the meaning behind her '11 11' wrist tattoo - Cosmopolitan UK - March 8th, 2021
- Popular new makeup products to try in 2021 - Belfast Live - February 19th, 2021
- Woman Reacts To Seeing Boyfriend For First Time Without Tattoo-Covered Face - BroBible - February 19th, 2021
- Test Pattern Director Shatara Michelle Ford on Making Their First Film and Being Emotionally Truthful - TheStranger.com - February 19th, 2021
- Here's Why Jeffree Star's 'Delicious' Neck Tattoo Is One Of His Favorites - TheThings - February 17th, 2021
- Blue Light Body Arts to open on the bricks in spring - Hays Daily News - February 17th, 2021
- Exploring the ever-diminishing returns of the Crow franchise - The Spool - February 14th, 2021
- 'Justice League': Check out Jared Leto's freaky Joker in the trailer for Zack Snyder's new HBO Max cut - USA TODAY - February 14th, 2021
- JUSTICE LEAGUE Director Zack Snyder Addresses Absence Of The Joker's SUICIDE SQUAD Tattoos In The Snyder Cut - CBM (Comic Book Movie) - February 11th, 2021
- Zack Snyder explains why Joker's tattoos were removed in Justice League - Explica - February 11th, 2021
- How TikTok communists are reclaiming the hammer and sickle - i-D - February 11th, 2021
- Why Leto's Joker Doesn't Have His "Damaged" Tattoo In Justice League - Screen Rant - February 10th, 2021
- Site of the day: Want a tattoo? You have to download this app - Explica - February 10th, 2021
- Salma Hayek Shows off Chest Tattoos for New Movie 'Bliss' - PopCulture.com - February 7th, 2021
- The rise of beauty enhancements and Maya Darwiche - Sunrise News - February 7th, 2021
- The eyes have it: Above-the-mask makeup sees pandemic surge - CBC.ca - February 7th, 2021
- BB14 promo: Salman Khan schools Abhinav for his choice of words; asks if he's 'going in the right direction' - Times Now - February 7th, 2021
- Tattoo Stamp - MILK MAKEUP | Sephora - February 6th, 2021
- Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Eyeshadow - Maybelline - February 6th, 2021
- Salma Hayek flaunts new large tattoo and fans freak out - HOLA USA - February 6th, 2021
- Gigi Hadid Now Has A Tattoo Tribute To Baby Girl And It Matches Zayn Maliks - Capital - February 4th, 2021
- Bobrisky lavishes N596k while shopping for lady that tattooed him on her back - Legit.ng - February 4th, 2021
- Make-up artist Mei Pang is turning the internet into her beauty playground - Dazed - February 4th, 2021
- Nick Carter of Backstreet Boys Covered Up His Paris Hilton Tattoo With a Skull and Crossbones - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - February 4th, 2021
- Two Singaporean women pioneering in the rise of hand-poked tattoos - News24 - February 4th, 2021
- Britney Spears Fans Concerned About Singers Well-Being After Her Latest Video Upload - The Inquisitr - February 4th, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra is a sight to behold as the bold and beautiful cover star of Elle UK - Bollywood Hungama - February 4th, 2021
- Promised Neverland: 10 Great Emma Cosplay You Have To See | CBR - CBR - Comic Book Resources - February 4th, 2021
- The Multiple Personalities of Johnny Depp: The Smearing of Makeup and a Beloved Actors Career - Mandatory - February 2nd, 2021
- Hunter Schafer on the Reverb of Euphorias Makeup and Her Road-Trip Beauty Essentials - Vanity Fair - January 24th, 2021
- BTS' Jungkook reveals tattoos on show and fans are excited to get a close-up view - CNA - January 24th, 2021
- Forget microblading... These eyebrow tattoo stickers are the in-thing - Jacaranda FM - January 24th, 2021
- Foundation getting in the way of your natural freckles? Here's how you can make them pop again - News24 - January 20th, 2021
- Forget Shoes, It's About the Lipstick: Hollywood Stylists Share Lessons Learned From Working in a Pandemic - Hollywood Reporter - January 15th, 2021
- This designer is giving the ancient art of henna a modern makeover - CNN - January 15th, 2021
- Apex Legends: 10 Loba Cosplays That Prove She Is The Best Character - TheGamer - January 15th, 2021
- New fashion trend went viral, women tattooing tattoos to hide dark circles and stretch mark - Primetime - January 12th, 2021
- Makeup trends 2021 | Beauty - MAG THE WEEKLY - Mag The Weekly Magazine - January 12th, 2021
- Assassins Creed Valhalla: 10 Female Eivor Cosplays That Are Battle-Ready - TheGamer - January 12th, 2021
- Justin Bieber Covered Up All His Tattoos for the Anyone Music Video and the Video Is Mesmerizing to Watch - Us Weekly - January 9th, 2021
- Fans Think Cardi B Deserves A Superhero Name | TheThings - TheThings - January 9th, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra In Trouble With UK Cops After Breaking Lockdown Rules - Talent Recap - January 9th, 2021
- Nikita Dragun Masters The Underboob Look In Metallic Bandeau Top With Matching Thigh-High Slit Skirt - The Inquisitr News - January 3rd, 2021
- Justin Bieber Shared a Video of Himself Getting His Tattoos Covered Up for His New "Anyone" Music Video Watch - Allure - January 3rd, 2021
- Prateik Babbar experiments with his hair colour again, goes from red to blue - Republic World - December 28th, 2020
- Cyberpunk 2077: 5 Things That Make No Sense About V (& 5 Fan Theories That Really Do) - TheGamer - December 28th, 2020
- Fashion trends that originated from other cultures - Los Angeles Times - December 28th, 2020
- 89 Best Truth or Dare Questions and Dares - Teen Vogue - December 28th, 2020
- Louisa Johnson Showcases Chest Tattoo In Low-Cut White Top For A Series Of Close-Up Snaps - The Inquisitr - December 23rd, 2020
- Get the Look: a gold mine of information about gilded makeup looks - Irish Examiner - December 21st, 2020
- Replicating Success In The ECommerce World: A Case Study With James Khuri - Forbes - December 21st, 2020
- Pete Davidson is reportedly in the process of removing all of his tattoos - 21-Dec-2020 - NZ Entertainment news - NZCity - December 21st, 2020
- TRIED & TESTED: "I got my eyebrows tattooed with a freehand blade. Here's how it went." - Mamamia - December 18th, 2020
- Permanent Makeup Information: Eyeliner, Lipstick, and More - December 18th, 2020
- People Have a Lot of Feelings About Pete Davidson Removing All of His Tattoos - POPSUGAR - December 17th, 2020
- Are Hair and Beauty Salons Allowed to Be Open in Tier 3? - POPSUGAR United Kingdom - December 17th, 2020
- Docs with Tattoos: More Relatable to Patients? - MedPage Today - December 14th, 2020
- Keep Your Eye On These Young Designers From Around the World - W Magazine - December 3rd, 2020
- Carmen Electra, 48, Nearly Bursts Out Of Plunging Corset While Caressing Her Chest - The Inquisitr - November 26th, 2020
- 7 of the best and 6 of the worst beauty trends of the year, so far - INSIDER - November 25th, 2020
- Guns N Roses Stars Daughter Draws All Eyes To Her Backside As She Strikes A Sultry Pose With ... - Metalhead Zone - November 25th, 2020
- Gen-Z is finding alternatives to traditional mental health resources through social media - Yahoo Lifestyle - November 21st, 2020
- KVD Vegan Beauty Debuts Holiday 2020 with First-Ever Fully-Recycled Eyeshadow Palette, Dazzling Shadows Sticks, Vegan Lashes and a Plethora of... - November 20th, 2020
- Astanza Wins Top Aesthetic Company, Best Laser Service and Training, and Best Laser Company to Work For in the Aesthetic Everything 2020 Aesthetic and... - November 20th, 2020
- Valeria Micropigmentation Is One of The Most Trusted Solution for Permanent Makeup - Press Release - Digital Journal - November 18th, 2020
- Revealed: The Get The Gloss Beauty and Wellness Awards 2020 winners - Get The Gloss - November 18th, 2020
- Queen Icon Roger Taylors Daughter Tiger Lily Looks Sexy In Red, Shows A Secret Tattoo And Explains ... - Metalhead Zone - November 18th, 2020
- New Zealand has just elected one of the most diverse parliaments in the world. Here's how it stacks up - KESQ - November 18th, 2020
- Cardi B Puts Her Colorful Leg Tattoo on Display in a Red Reebok Outfit from Her New Collection - AmoMama - November 16th, 2020
- Lee Sang Yeob Hilariously Pretends To Be Bentley From The Future On The Return Of Superman - soompi - November 16th, 2020
- Tejaswini Pandit Flaunts A Rare Barcode Tattoo, Fans Wonder What Scanning It Will Lead To? - Zee Kannada - November 12th, 2020
- Chris Evans Has 9 Hidden Tattoos Here's What They Mean - POPSUGAR - November 11th, 2020
- Assassins Creed Valhalla Will Feature Photo Mode at Launch. Know All The Updates Right Here ! - Stanford Arts Review - November 9th, 2020
- 'Welcome to Plathville': The Plaths Are More Divided Than Ever in the Season 2 Sneak Peek Moriah Calls Her Parents' House a 'Cage,' Ethan Gets a... - November 9th, 2020