A lot of designers are conflicted about the fact that a model with tattoos might distract from their designs.
Models are known for being blank canvases for fashion designers to use as hangers, strutting down catwalks and runways in their special designs. That being said, it is considered a more uncommon thing for a model to have visible tattoos on her skin. A lot of designers are conflicted about the fact that a model with tattoos might distract from the beauty of their fashionable designs.
RELATED:Halsey & Other Celebs Who Have More Tattoos Than We Can Count
These next ten models (and plenty more) have been able to succeed in the modeling industry regardless of any visible tattoos that they have! We are definitely living in a new generation where tattoos dont necessarily block successful careers anymore.
Lily Donaldson is one model who is confident in her skin. She is so confident, that she knows tattoos would never get in the way of her modeling career. She has a wrist tattoo and she explained it saying, "It means that whatever happens, my mum [Tiffany] and my sister [Aurelia], or a bit of them anyway, are with me. (Style Bistro.) She is obviously very close with her family members.
Freja Beha Erichsen is a Danish model who knows a thing or two about getting tatted. She revealed, "I have 16 tattoos ... I've never had any issues with it. I think by now it's become a part of my style. I think if you are a brand new model, it might be a bit more difficult for you to get started [with one]."She is already an established and beloved model. Tattoos don't block her success whatsoever.
Chanel Iman is known for being a Vitoria Secret Angel with an amazing body. Her gorgeous face is unforgettable. For one of her ink choices, she decided to get a hanger tattooed on the back of her elegant neck. She explained the tat saying,"You put clothes on a hanger, and you put clothes on a model. It represents being a model." (Body Art Guru.) The symbolism makes sense!
When discussing her tattoo art,Kate Moss said,"[Artist Lucian Freud] told me about when he was in the navy when he was 19 or something, he used to do all of the tattoos for the sailors. And I said, 'Oh my God, that's amazing.' And he went, 'I can do you one. What would you like? Would you like creatures of the animal kingdom?' I mean, it's an original Freud. I wonder how much a collector would pay for that? A few million?" She ended up getting a tattoo fromLucian Freud that she doesn't regret.
Cara Delevingneposted a picture of herlion tattoo on Instagram. She chose to get the tattoo on her knuckle which is a very visible, very obvious place for a tattoo-- especially for a model. Cara seems like a very creative and artistic individual. She has done a lot more than just modeling in her career. She's done acting, music video cameos, and more. Her relationship with Ashley Benson made major headlines last year as well. Lions represent strength and Cara has proven many times that she is a very strong young woman.
Gisele Bndchen was asked about her tattoo and she described it saying, "It's a shooting star, for my grandmother. She died when I was young. When I first moved to New York, there were no stars in the sky, so to remind me of her I drew one on my wrist and kept it there for a month, and then had someone draw it in, which is why it's a little crooked. It's held up pretty well for 10 years. It helps me to remember her."
Tattoos are nothing new for Hailey Bieber who has over 20 of them. The gorgeous model has tattoos on her wrist, her fingers, the back of her neck, her collarbone, her spine, behind her ear, her ankle, her hip, her back, and more.
RELATED:Hailey Bieber's 10 Best Steet Fashion Looks
Its as if she sees her tattoos as extra accessories! One of the cutest tattoos she has is a cursive J on her ring finger to represent her marriage to her husband, Justin Bieber.
Tattoos are definitely on Abbey Lee Kershaw's checklist! She said, "Let's just say, if I werent a model, I'd be a walking collage. I see my body as a blank canvas that's aching to be decorated." One of her tats is a skull on her middle finger. If it were up to her and if it didn't block her modeling aspirations in any way, she would most definitely have more tattoos on her body.
Ruby Rose is certainly one of the most tattooed models of all time. She has over 54 tattoos and they are all very obvious! Shes got tattoos on her wrist, her knuckles, her forearms, her neck, her hands, her elbow, her back, her stomach, her sides, her ears, and more.
RELATED:Fans Respond To Katie Cassidy And Ruby Rose Looking Like 'Sisters From Other Misters'
Ruby Rose has branched out from modeling and also done quite a bit of acting. Her friends love her in any capacity, no matter how she is expressing her beauty and talent.
Erin Wasson loves the artistry of tattoos! She explained,"I believe in ornamentation of the body... I believe if you feel it, you should just do it... I'm into symbolism; all of my tattoos are very much based on symbolism. And they're all very sneaky." Tattoos with hidden meanings and messages are very common. So many people choose to go with tattoos that represent some sort of symbolism.
NEXT:10 Celebrities Who Have Matching Tattoos
Next Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, & Other Celebs Who Wear Wigs All The Time
Stephanie Harper is a writer and aspiring Young Adult fiction novelist. She earned her English Bachelor's degree from Cal State Northridge and writes articles about pop culture, dating, and more.
Follow this link:
- Why is this Fayetteville tattoo artist getting so much attention on TikTok? - The Fayetteville Observer - May 4th, 2021
- Scar tissue: Vietnamese women find healing with tattoos - The Japan Times - May 4th, 2021
- Gypsy Carver Brings Ideas to Life - Thelaker - May 4th, 2021
- Madonna Just Got a Red X Inked on Her Arm and She Drank Wine to Numb the Pain - Us Weekly - May 4th, 2021
- Danny Trejo Reveals the Artist Behind His Iconic Chest Tattoo Actually Hated It (Exclusive) - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - May 4th, 2021
- Senior brings passion for art and tattoos to the campus community - The Hawk - May 4th, 2021
- Tattoo artist finds Robin Hoods Silver Arrow while magnet fishing in Sherwood Forest... - The Sun - May 4th, 2021
- Tattoo Peeling: What's Normal and How to Care for It in 2021 - Cosmopolitan - May 4th, 2021
- LeBron James gets tattoo of 'the big 3' with Lakers return near - New York Post - May 4th, 2021
- 6 Fresh Nail Art Ideas From Around the World - Allure - May 4th, 2021
- Mothers Day Gift ideas with Jeremiah David Stroup - KOIN.com - May 4th, 2021
- Madonna Shows Off Results Of Second Ever Tattoo After Getting Inked On Instagram - HuffPost UK - May 4th, 2021
- This First-of-Its-Kind Temporary Tattoo Ink is Made to Fade - Freethink - April 19th, 2021
- Tattoo artist accused of spray painting businesses acquitted - KVRR - April 19th, 2021
- Anthony Audy, Vermont Tattoo Artist With Whimsical Style, Dies at 44 - The New York Times - April 19th, 2021
- Move over Kim K, SA tattoo artist Lew Williams is a global reality show star with stigmas to break - TimesLIVE - April 19th, 2021
- Donna Lombardi Of Black Ink Crew Talks Pausing On Tattooing, Being A Businesswoman And More - MadameNoire - April 19th, 2021
- Meet the tattoo artist who helps Vietnamese women healing from physical and emotional trauma - South China Morning Post - April 19th, 2021
- Things to Do Denver: Art Gallery Openings and Exhibits April 16 to 21, 2021 - Westword - April 19th, 2021
- No regrets? I tried the first ever made to fade tattoo - Dazed - April 19th, 2021
- Tattoo Aftercare Products Market Is Rising With COVID-19 Impact Analysis, Development, Forecast To 2021-2027 The Courier - The Courier - April 19th, 2021
- See how tattoo artwork has modified because the 18th century - The Shepherd of the Hills Gazette - April 4th, 2021
- See how tattoo art has changed since the 18th century - CNN - April 4th, 2021
- The human canvas: Young tattoo artist draws inspiration from the past: 'attack your dreams' - Pilot Tribune - April 4th, 2021
- 5 Best Tattoo Artists in Indianapolis - Kev's Best - April 4th, 2021
- 'Don't you have enough yet?': Justin Bieber's mom reacts to 'Peaches' singer's new neck tattoo - USA TODAY - April 4th, 2021
- Electric Tattoo: Love of art and 'forbidden fruit' drives Asbury Park studio - Asbury Park Press - April 4th, 2021
- 'Almost like a tsunami': How Wilmington tattoo shops are thriving during the pandemic - StarNewsOnline.com - April 4th, 2021
- ONE YEAR GONE | Welch is back in business at Town's End Tattoo - Port Townsend Leader - April 4th, 2021
- Blazing Trails: Women Who Left Their Marks on the Art World - Cheddar - April 4th, 2021
- 33 Celebrities Who Regret Their Tattoos - Women's Health - April 4th, 2021
- Screen Time at the Worlds First Physical NFT Gallery, Whatever That Means - Vulture - April 4th, 2021
- Martin County resident and pet tree frog garner national attention as the 2021 Cadbury Easter Bunny - TCPalm - April 4th, 2021
- Tattoo fan spends 8k on ink and body mods including eyeballs and split tongue - Daily Star - April 4th, 2021
- Get Inked At 12 Of Auckland's Best Tattoo Studios | Urban List NZ - The Urban List - April 4th, 2021
- A Guide to All of Drake's 35 Tattoos and Their Meanings - menshealth.com - March 8th, 2021
- Tattoo artist restores Stations of the Cross in Belarus - Catholic News Agency - March 8th, 2021
- Jason Terry shares how he got the Larry O'Brien trophy tattoo - Basketball Network - March 8th, 2021
- How Alisha Gory Moved to the US On Her Own and Established Herself as a Famous Tattoo Artist - Daily Front Row - March 8th, 2021
- Who is Elle Kings husband? Know everything about the tattoo artist - Republic TV - March 8th, 2021
- Local Tattoo shop is seeing business boom amid the pandemic - WTHITV.com - March 8th, 2021
- Shogun's Joy of Torture not for Weak Hearts - Critical Blast - March 8th, 2021
- These Miley Cyrus Tattoos Are Dedicated to Her Exes - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - March 8th, 2021
- A Film That Tests Assumptions About Race, Rape, and Power - Hyperallergic - March 8th, 2021
- You Need to See Whitney Cummings' Tattoo Tribute to Jennifer Aniston - E! NEWS - March 8th, 2021
- 5 Best Tattoo Artists in Houston - Kev's Best - February 19th, 2021
- Ink Evolution - Flathead Beacon - February 19th, 2021
- It doesnt get easier with time: Smiths continue to move forward while honoring loved ones - Fox17 - February 19th, 2021
- Arteta refuses to confirm whether Aubameyang broke rules by getting tattoo - BT Sport - February 19th, 2021
- Irish tattoo artist recalls the day Britney Spears came to Bray - Newstalk - February 19th, 2021
- Did you know entrepreneur Naman Arora is a top-notch tattoo artist? Read to know more about the creative genius! - News Track English - February 19th, 2021
- 3 Men Shared the Stories Behind the Epic Tattoos They Got to Cover Their Scars - menshealth.com - February 19th, 2021
- Want to get a finger tattoo? Here's what to keep in mind before taking the plunge - VOGUE India - February 17th, 2021
- Arsenal investigate Aubameyang over reported COVID-19 tattoo breach - ESPN - February 17th, 2021
- Tributes paid in memory of talented Blood Rush tattoo artist - Leighton Buzzard Observer - February 17th, 2021
- Artist and Influencer Mikey B Made It is legally trappin art from the hood to Hollywood - Press Release - Digital Journal - February 17th, 2021
- Charlie Cartwright: The Godfather of Black-and-Grey Fine Line Tattooing - Scene 360 - February 17th, 2021
- Exploring the process of becoming a tattoo artist - Argonaut - February 14th, 2021
- Tattoo Artists Share the Tattoo Ideas So Bad They Actually Refused to Do Them - menshealth.com - February 14th, 2021
- Tattoo artists reveal the one inking theyve been asked to do but had to refuse - Daily Star - February 11th, 2021
- Show what you love: Manchester resident Lizzie Wright in the running to be Inked magazines next cover girl - Baltimore Sun - February 11th, 2021
- Tattoo artists reveal the one tattoo they have had to refuse to do - Buzz.ie - February 11th, 2021
- These Tattoo Artists Shared the Worst Mistakes Theyve Ever Made - menshealth.com - February 11th, 2021
- Feel the Bern: Warm up with the top 10 Bernie Sanders memes The Rocky Mountain Collegian - Rocky Mountain Collegian - February 11th, 2021
- Tattoo artists reveal their worst mistakes ever and how the clients reacted - Daily Star - February 11th, 2021
- Tattoo Artists Shared the Tattoos They Love Doing the Most - Yahoo Lifestyle - February 10th, 2021
- Halsey Doesn't Want To Go 'Overboard' On Pregnancy Cravings - OK! - February 10th, 2021
- Becky G Just Got 2 New Tattoos in One Day, and I Thought I Had a High Pain Threshold - POPSUGAR - February 10th, 2021
- Tattoo Artists Shared the Best Tattoos They'll Never Get Tired of Doing - menshealth.com - February 10th, 2021
- Nine things tattoo artists hate clients doing when they get inked - Daily Star - February 10th, 2021
- Tattoo Artists Shared the Tattoos They're Most Sick of Seeing - menshealth.com - February 7th, 2021
- Student, 23, who cant tell her left from right gets L and R TATTOOED on her hands as a permanent reminder - The Irish Sun - February 7th, 2021
- 'Basic' tattoos artists secretly hate doing - and the ones they'll refuse to give - Cambridgeshire Live - February 6th, 2021
- With Pastel Devil Studio, these artists are reimagining today's tattoo parlor - St. Louis Magazine - February 6th, 2021
- Marijuana law reform in Japan contingent on the message - The Japan Times - February 6th, 2021
- Bricks placed in Southern Indiana remember those who have died from drug overdose - WHAS11.com - February 6th, 2021
- Vans Tapped 4 Artists to Design Shoes For Black History Month, and We Talked to Them All - POPSUGAR - February 6th, 2021
- 20 Interesting Facts About the South Korean Boy Band BTS - Music in Minnesota - Music in Minnesota - February 6th, 2021
- 10 Celebs Who Have Face Tattoos | TheThings - TheThings - February 6th, 2021
- Walter Suza: A city along the Mississippi seeks to defeat hate - Ames Tribune - February 6th, 2021