The character designs in The Promised Neverland may not be extravagant, but the characters themselves are so appealing that fans love to cosplay them!
The character designs in The Promised Neverland may not be extravagant, but the characters themselves are so appealing that cosplayers are flocking toward them.Emma's tragic circumstances and loyalty make her one of the mostendearing anime protagonists introduced in the last decade. With the help of her friendsNorman, Ray, and the other children at Grace Field House, Emma has managed to captivate anime fans' hearts like only pure-hearted anime protagonists like Goku and Tanjiro have ever managed to.
RELATED:Demon Slayer: 10 Tanjiro Cosplays You Need to Check Out
These captivated fanscan be seen below, cosplaying as the orange-haired protagonist in a variety of different settings.Emma'scharacter design in The Promised Neverland may not be extravagant, but she is still appealing enough for cosplayers to flock to her.
The first cosplayer isvia Twitter and manages to captureEmma's personalityand wardrobebetter than any other entries.The look of determination on this cosplayer's faceperfectly matches Emma's after discovering the tragic reality of her home.
Somebelieve that cosplayers should only aim to recreate characters that already look likethey do, as if realism is a must when recreating fictional characters. Regardless of what others might believe, this cosplayer embraces Emma's character with confidenceand perfectly as well. The boots are justperfect!
Emma's character is as pure-hearted as anime protagonists come. Much like Tanjiro Kamado from Demon Slayer,she refuses to leave her friends or family behind regardless of the threats her loyalty may create.
RELATED:The Promised Neverland: 10 Emma Quotes That We Love
It seems that Emma would rather sacrifice herself than leave any of her family behind. Luckily, Emma has the physical traits and leadership skills that Ray and Norman need to escape plans to succeed. This fact forces them to concede when Emma stubbornly refuses to leave anyone behind.
Isabella is easily the most frightening character inThe Promised Neverlandanime, although Krone is a close second. That says a lot when this world is full of demons that eat children for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
RELATED:The Promised Neverland: 10 Things You Didn't Know About Isabella
This cosplay reenacts one of the most heart-wrenching scenes from the first season ofThe Promised Neverland. Fans would be wise to remember just how terrifying Isabella can be when provoked.
One of the most important variables to consider when cosplaying is the difficulty of recreating a character design in real life. Characters like Meruem from Hunter X Hunterare complicated to recreate, but Emma is simple.
This cosplayer proves just how simple and Emma's cosplay can be by recreating her character design with nothing more than a wig and a white dress shirt. While makeup can certainly enhance cosplay, they prove that it is unnecessary to digitally add Emma's Farm Identifier after posing for the photo. For any hesitant cosplayers out there, Emma may be the perfect place to start.
SuzuSparkel is a Cosplayer and Youtuber from Vancouver, Canada that shares her knowledge of cosplay and makeup with whoever is willing to seek out her channel. Here she demonstrates exactly how a simple cosplay like Emma can be enhanced using makeup and a couple of cheap accessories. This cosplayer can help those new to the art form by guiding them to the resources they need to take their cosplay to the next level. For example, in her Emma Cosplay video, SuzuSparkel explains how she recreated Emma's Tattoo without make-up or digital enhancements.
The Promised Neverland's main triomay not compete with the likes of other anime trio's in terms of power just yet, but they are certainly some of the most relatable characters in all of anime.
Norman's calm and methodical demeanor balances Emma's frantic personality, while Ray supplements the two of them with his pragmatism. This cosplay gives all three of these characters a chance to shinelike the anime and the manga. Not only this,these cosplayers wisely direct the viewers' attention to the immaculately recreated tattoos on their necks.
Emma's curiosity is the number one reason the plot ofThe Promised Neverland developed past the first few episodes. Without the combination of her kindness and her curious nature, the young orange-haired protagonist never would have discovered the tragic nature of the Grace Field House.
This cosplayer demonstrates Emma's curiosityand even manages to reimagineThe Promised Neverlandsetting in the real world. The picture captures the essence of The Promised Neverland so well. Readers may have to take a step back to remember that this franchise was originally animated.
The promised pen that Norman, Ray, and Emma all possess at different points throughout the first season ofThe Promised Neverlandanime is as mysterious as it is useful. The pen itself houses technology that can link its user to a network of information unlike any other.
This cosplayer capturesThe Promised Neverland's essenceby focusingon the mysterious nature of the promised pen. The orange wig they are wearing is also the perfect replica of Emma's classicanime hairstyle!
This cosplayer deserves points for recreating this pose by Emma with extreme care and attention to detail. Even the way their collar falls matches the way Emma's collar covers up the majority of her tattoo.
The chandelier that looks like a birdcage in the background of this cosplayer's photo also hints at the ever-present tone of hopelessness that permeates the Grace Field Home. Luckily, Emma is a beacon of hope that cannot be caged, regardless of how tight her restraints may be.
Perhaps the two most difficult aspects a cosplayer has to account for when recreating Emma in the real world are her giant green anime eyes and her bright orange anime hair. It may besimpleto recreate Emma's hair using a good wig, but what about her eyes.
Anime eyes are notorious for ignoring the natural proportions of a human face.Thismakes them nearly impossible to mimic without CGI or digital enhancement. Kleinerpixel recreates Emma's eyes using color contacts and makeup, and although they don't match Emma's proportionally, they look incredible.
NEXT:10 Anime To Watch If You Love The Promised Neverland
Next My Hero Academia: 10 Quirks That Should Never Have Been Awakened
Andrew Tefft is a writer, reader, watcher, and gamer based in the United States. His nomadic lifestyle makes it difficult to pin him down, but his affinity with technology makes it easy for an audience to stay in touch! He's worked in both the education and entertainment industries and now lends his writing talent to Comic Book Resources as a List Writer. Andrew grew up absorbing comic book material and debating the strengths of fictional characters with his siblings. Today he uses those skills to share his opinions of the strongest, smartest, and most resourceful anime and manga characters with the viewers of CBR.
- Tinkerbell with tattoos, inked Incredibles; Disney to allow visible tattoos on cast members - WKRG News 5 - April 19th, 2021
- The Ron Swanson Mistake You Never Noticed In Parks And Recreation - Looper - April 4th, 2021
- Ireland Baldwin Reveals Creative Use For David Bowie Tattoo - The Inquisitr News - April 4th, 2021
- Watch Travis Barkers Daughter Alabama Cover Up His Face Tattoos With Makeup - menshealth.com - April 4th, 2021
- Is There KVD Beauty Without Kat Von D? - The Business of Fashion - March 8th, 2021
- What Is Microshading? Heres What To Know About the No-Maintenance, Feathery Brows Everyones Talking About - Well+Good - March 8th, 2021
- Jennifer Aniston finally reveals the meaning behind her '11 11' wrist tattoo - Cosmopolitan UK - March 8th, 2021
- Popular new makeup products to try in 2021 - Belfast Live - February 19th, 2021
- Woman Reacts To Seeing Boyfriend For First Time Without Tattoo-Covered Face - BroBible - February 19th, 2021
- Test Pattern Director Shatara Michelle Ford on Making Their First Film and Being Emotionally Truthful - TheStranger.com - February 19th, 2021
- Here's Why Jeffree Star's 'Delicious' Neck Tattoo Is One Of His Favorites - TheThings - February 17th, 2021
- Blue Light Body Arts to open on the bricks in spring - Hays Daily News - February 17th, 2021
- Exploring the ever-diminishing returns of the Crow franchise - The Spool - February 14th, 2021
- 'Justice League': Check out Jared Leto's freaky Joker in the trailer for Zack Snyder's new HBO Max cut - USA TODAY - February 14th, 2021
- JUSTICE LEAGUE Director Zack Snyder Addresses Absence Of The Joker's SUICIDE SQUAD Tattoos In The Snyder Cut - CBM (Comic Book Movie) - February 11th, 2021
- Zack Snyder explains why Joker's tattoos were removed in Justice League - Explica - February 11th, 2021
- How TikTok communists are reclaiming the hammer and sickle - i-D - February 11th, 2021
- Why Leto's Joker Doesn't Have His "Damaged" Tattoo In Justice League - Screen Rant - February 10th, 2021
- Site of the day: Want a tattoo? You have to download this app - Explica - February 10th, 2021
- Salma Hayek Shows off Chest Tattoos for New Movie 'Bliss' - PopCulture.com - February 7th, 2021
- The rise of beauty enhancements and Maya Darwiche - Sunrise News - February 7th, 2021
- The eyes have it: Above-the-mask makeup sees pandemic surge - CBC.ca - February 7th, 2021
- BB14 promo: Salman Khan schools Abhinav for his choice of words; asks if he's 'going in the right direction' - Times Now - February 7th, 2021
- Tattoo Stamp - MILK MAKEUP | Sephora - February 6th, 2021
- Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Eyeshadow - Maybelline - February 6th, 2021
- Salma Hayek flaunts new large tattoo and fans freak out - HOLA USA - February 6th, 2021
- Gigi Hadid Now Has A Tattoo Tribute To Baby Girl And It Matches Zayn Maliks - Capital - February 4th, 2021
- Bobrisky lavishes N596k while shopping for lady that tattooed him on her back - Legit.ng - February 4th, 2021
- Make-up artist Mei Pang is turning the internet into her beauty playground - Dazed - February 4th, 2021
- Nick Carter of Backstreet Boys Covered Up His Paris Hilton Tattoo With a Skull and Crossbones - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - February 4th, 2021
- Two Singaporean women pioneering in the rise of hand-poked tattoos - News24 - February 4th, 2021
- Britney Spears Fans Concerned About Singers Well-Being After Her Latest Video Upload - The Inquisitr - February 4th, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra is a sight to behold as the bold and beautiful cover star of Elle UK - Bollywood Hungama - February 4th, 2021
- The Multiple Personalities of Johnny Depp: The Smearing of Makeup and a Beloved Actors Career - Mandatory - February 2nd, 2021
- Hunter Schafer on the Reverb of Euphorias Makeup and Her Road-Trip Beauty Essentials - Vanity Fair - January 24th, 2021
- BTS' Jungkook reveals tattoos on show and fans are excited to get a close-up view - CNA - January 24th, 2021
- Forget microblading... These eyebrow tattoo stickers are the in-thing - Jacaranda FM - January 24th, 2021
- Jurassic World: Age, Height, & 8 Other Things You Didn't Know About Jeff Goldblum - Screen Rant - January 24th, 2021
- Foundation getting in the way of your natural freckles? Here's how you can make them pop again - News24 - January 20th, 2021
- Forget Shoes, It's About the Lipstick: Hollywood Stylists Share Lessons Learned From Working in a Pandemic - Hollywood Reporter - January 15th, 2021
- This designer is giving the ancient art of henna a modern makeover - CNN - January 15th, 2021
- Apex Legends: 10 Loba Cosplays That Prove She Is The Best Character - TheGamer - January 15th, 2021
- New fashion trend went viral, women tattooing tattoos to hide dark circles and stretch mark - Primetime - January 12th, 2021
- Makeup trends 2021 | Beauty - MAG THE WEEKLY - Mag The Weekly Magazine - January 12th, 2021
- Assassins Creed Valhalla: 10 Female Eivor Cosplays That Are Battle-Ready - TheGamer - January 12th, 2021
- Justin Bieber Covered Up All His Tattoos for the Anyone Music Video and the Video Is Mesmerizing to Watch - Us Weekly - January 9th, 2021
- Fans Think Cardi B Deserves A Superhero Name | TheThings - TheThings - January 9th, 2021
- Priyanka Chopra In Trouble With UK Cops After Breaking Lockdown Rules - Talent Recap - January 9th, 2021
- Nikita Dragun Masters The Underboob Look In Metallic Bandeau Top With Matching Thigh-High Slit Skirt - The Inquisitr News - January 3rd, 2021
- Justin Bieber Shared a Video of Himself Getting His Tattoos Covered Up for His New "Anyone" Music Video Watch - Allure - January 3rd, 2021
- Prateik Babbar experiments with his hair colour again, goes from red to blue - Republic World - December 28th, 2020
- Cyberpunk 2077: 5 Things That Make No Sense About V (& 5 Fan Theories That Really Do) - TheGamer - December 28th, 2020
- Fashion trends that originated from other cultures - Los Angeles Times - December 28th, 2020
- 89 Best Truth or Dare Questions and Dares - Teen Vogue - December 28th, 2020
- Louisa Johnson Showcases Chest Tattoo In Low-Cut White Top For A Series Of Close-Up Snaps - The Inquisitr - December 23rd, 2020
- Get the Look: a gold mine of information about gilded makeup looks - Irish Examiner - December 21st, 2020
- Replicating Success In The ECommerce World: A Case Study With James Khuri - Forbes - December 21st, 2020
- Pete Davidson is reportedly in the process of removing all of his tattoos - 21-Dec-2020 - NZ Entertainment news - NZCity - December 21st, 2020
- TRIED & TESTED: "I got my eyebrows tattooed with a freehand blade. Here's how it went." - Mamamia - December 18th, 2020
- Permanent Makeup Information: Eyeliner, Lipstick, and More - December 18th, 2020
- People Have a Lot of Feelings About Pete Davidson Removing All of His Tattoos - POPSUGAR - December 17th, 2020
- Are Hair and Beauty Salons Allowed to Be Open in Tier 3? - POPSUGAR United Kingdom - December 17th, 2020
- Docs with Tattoos: More Relatable to Patients? - MedPage Today - December 14th, 2020
- Keep Your Eye On These Young Designers From Around the World - W Magazine - December 3rd, 2020
- Carmen Electra, 48, Nearly Bursts Out Of Plunging Corset While Caressing Her Chest - The Inquisitr - November 26th, 2020
- 7 of the best and 6 of the worst beauty trends of the year, so far - INSIDER - November 25th, 2020
- Guns N Roses Stars Daughter Draws All Eyes To Her Backside As She Strikes A Sultry Pose With ... - Metalhead Zone - November 25th, 2020
- Gen-Z is finding alternatives to traditional mental health resources through social media - Yahoo Lifestyle - November 21st, 2020
- KVD Vegan Beauty Debuts Holiday 2020 with First-Ever Fully-Recycled Eyeshadow Palette, Dazzling Shadows Sticks, Vegan Lashes and a Plethora of... - November 20th, 2020
- Astanza Wins Top Aesthetic Company, Best Laser Service and Training, and Best Laser Company to Work For in the Aesthetic Everything 2020 Aesthetic and... - November 20th, 2020
- Valeria Micropigmentation Is One of The Most Trusted Solution for Permanent Makeup - Press Release - Digital Journal - November 18th, 2020
- Revealed: The Get The Gloss Beauty and Wellness Awards 2020 winners - Get The Gloss - November 18th, 2020
- Queen Icon Roger Taylors Daughter Tiger Lily Looks Sexy In Red, Shows A Secret Tattoo And Explains ... - Metalhead Zone - November 18th, 2020
- New Zealand has just elected one of the most diverse parliaments in the world. Here's how it stacks up - KESQ - November 18th, 2020
- Cardi B Puts Her Colorful Leg Tattoo on Display in a Red Reebok Outfit from Her New Collection - AmoMama - November 16th, 2020
- Lee Sang Yeob Hilariously Pretends To Be Bentley From The Future On The Return Of Superman - soompi - November 16th, 2020
- Tejaswini Pandit Flaunts A Rare Barcode Tattoo, Fans Wonder What Scanning It Will Lead To? - Zee Kannada - November 12th, 2020
- Chris Evans Has 9 Hidden Tattoos Here's What They Mean - POPSUGAR - November 11th, 2020
- Assassins Creed Valhalla Will Feature Photo Mode at Launch. Know All The Updates Right Here ! - Stanford Arts Review - November 9th, 2020
- 'Welcome to Plathville': The Plaths Are More Divided Than Ever in the Season 2 Sneak Peek Moriah Calls Her Parents' House a 'Cage,' Ethan Gets a... - November 9th, 2020