A tattoo obsessive has explained why shes covered in unusual inkings and says her eyeballs werent the most painful designs she's had done.
Balea Scarleg, a Berlin-based tattoo artist and streamer, got her first piercing at the age of 13 and immediately knew that tattoos and body modifications were her thing.
Since then, shes spent around 8,000 covering herself in ink and metal to perfect her alternative style.
The 30-year-old, who also posts on TikTok and Instagram, hopes to cover herself in blackout ink.
These tattoos involve covering the skin in solid patches but they're extremely painful.
Would you ever get an eyeball tattoo? Tell us in the comments...
Speaking to the Daily Star, Balea said: I got my first piercing at the age of 13, because I was so good in school and after that I knew that body mod was my thing.
I got my first tattoo on my 18th birthday it still covers my entire lower belly.
I had my earns pinned back at six and wore a brace for many years, so I noticed early on that to change is something good.
Originally, Balea was inspired by cool situations, nice people and games, but eventually she change her MO.
She explained: Now I know that Im going to go the way with blackwork."
Balea continued: When you have a part of you covered in blackwork it feels like youre always wearing your favourite clothes.
I love all my blackwork. It makes me feel cozy.
Surprisingly, Balea claims that her eyeball tattoos were not the most painful ones shes had done.
The thought of a needle in the eye would make anyone flinch, but not this body mod obsessive.
She said: I think most people would say that my eyeball is the most extreme body mod, but the process is absolutely painless so you have only the visible effect."
Balea added: I would say every time I get tattooed is extreme.
It hurts more with every session, but after a really painful session I'm so proud of myself. Like yes, I did it.
I also have done about 10 suspensions, Ive got my ear lobes removed, I have five brands and my tongue is split.
Balea added that while every tattoo is painful its a little like giving birth in that you forget about the pain straight after.
The tattoo artist noted that she does occasionally get some hate online, but usually deflects it by making a joke.
Want to bring a little glamour to your life every day with all the most exciting real-life stories, fashion and even sex tips HOT off the press?
Well, we've got you covered with our great new Hot Topics newsletter - it'll drop straight into your inbox around 7pm and you can unsubscribe whenever you like.
And signing up now means you'll get a front row seat for our great new series inside the lives of the next generation of Daily StarPage 3girls.
You can sign up here - you won't regret it...
Sometimes people are rude and say her love for modification must come from a traumatic place but Balea rises over these curel comments.
She said: I ask them what if you are right? What if i got beaten as child or just my dad left us when I was young?
What if that is just a symptom of everything I had to go through?
My childhood was great, but there are a lot of people who do body mod because of a traumatic life and whats wrong with the symptom to change their own body?
- Brazilian Tattoo Artist Transforms Physical Appearance To Be An Orc - mit inc - July 22nd, 2021
- I quit my corporate job to become a tattoo artist at 29 years old. Here are 7 things that surprised me most. - Insider - July 22nd, 2021
- Saturday is National Tattoo Day heres where you can get some fresh ink - Very Local New Orleans - July 22nd, 2021
- Tattoo artists from around the world gather for Chicago's largest tattoo convention - Columbia Chronicle - July 22nd, 2021
- Thinking of a tattoo? Here are the most and least painful spots to get inked - Insider - July 22nd, 2021
- 3 Non-Negotiable Tattoo Rules According to Lauren Winzer, Celebrity Ink Artist - Lifehacker Australia - July 22nd, 2021
- Celebrities with Matching Tattoos: See the Couples, Costars and Friends Who've Gotten Matching Ink - PEOPLE - July 22nd, 2021
- Shannon Hemmett of ACTORS and LEATHERS Shares Her Best Work as a Tattoo Artist - Exclaim! - July 22nd, 2021
- Hairline Tattooing and What You Need to Know - menshealth.com - July 22nd, 2021
- The Boston Art Podcast sets out to document underrepresented local creators - The Boston Globe - July 22nd, 2021
- 4-Ever West Tattoo Festival returns, bigger than ever - Wyoming Tribune - July 22nd, 2021
- Body modification fanatic cuts off finger in extreme transformation - New York Post - July 8th, 2021
- Meet the Italian tattoo artist who turned his London backyard into a thriving urban garden - Euronews - July 8th, 2021
- The tattoo artist has made changes in protest and wants to slash his hand - Mediarun Search - July 8th, 2021
- NANG: The World's First Grime Colouring Book Is Here - Complex - July 8th, 2021
- What You Need to Know Before Getting Your First Tattoo, From Celeb Tattoo Artist Lauren Winzer - POPSUGAR Beauty Austrailia - July 8th, 2021
- From tattoos to tokens at Tokyo's first crypto art show - The Japan Times - July 8th, 2021
- Purdue adjusting to new realities of the NIL Era - Rivals.com - Rivals.com - Purdue - July 8th, 2021
- Gran, 83 gets tattoo after Jgerbomb session with ink artist grandson - North Wales Live - July 8th, 2021
- The Tattoo Industry Is Changing and Queer-Owned Spaces Are Leading the Charge - POPSUGAR - June 26th, 2021
- Newfane tattoo artist gives back to the community by giving ink - WIVB.com - News 4 - June 26th, 2021
- 8 Best Lotions for a New Tattoo - Creams and Products for Tattoo Healing and Aftercare - GoodHousekeeping.com - June 26th, 2021
- Kourtney Kardashian poses in just a bra & shows off her diamond-encrusted teeth in new photos... - The US Sun - June 26th, 2021
- Rihanna Covers Up Her Matching Shark Tattoo With Drake and Fans Think Its Because of ASAP Rocky - Us Weekly - June 26th, 2021
- Delightful Granddaughter: Grandmaw isn't going to like this - The Star Beacon - June 26th, 2021
- The Internet Came Up With New Reality Show Ideas That Actually Sound Interesting - ScoopWhoop - June 26th, 2021
- Canelo Alvarez: the meaning of the tattoo of the Mexican boxer | What does Canelo's tattoo say | Mexico | MX nnda-nnlt | Mexico - East Africa News... - June 26th, 2021
- 'MYSTERIOUS BENEDICT SOCIETY': SOPHISTICATED AND INTRIGUING - The Republic - June 26th, 2021
- Scar Cover-Up Tattoos Help Women Regain Confidence in Their Bodies - My Modern Met - June 9th, 2021
- How a New Generation of Queer Artists and Patrons Are Redefining Tattoo Culture on Their Own Terms - Vogue - June 9th, 2021
- Tattoo artist goes viral on TikTok with the story of a woman's perfect revenge on her cheating boyfriend - TAG24 NEWS - June 9th, 2021
- A fan pays tribute to Nikola Jokic by getting a tattoo of his patent move the 'Sombor Shuffle' - Basketball Network - June 9th, 2021
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson, 30, and wife Sam, 54, show off matching tattoos - Page Six - June 9th, 2021
- 'Alice the rat was so special': readers on their brilliant, beloved pet tattoos - The Guardian - June 9th, 2021
- Everything You Need to Know Before Getting a Face Tattoo - AskMen - June 9th, 2021
- Help Wanted: An airbrush artist to save the summer - theday.com - June 9th, 2021
- Dining and Dreaming at the Blind Salamander RV Park - Bon Appetit - June 9th, 2021
- Getting an unwanted tattoo removed: what you need to know - Euro Weekly News - June 9th, 2021
- The Stoner Comedy That Honors a 9/11 Firefighter - Rare.us - June 9th, 2021
- Champions of Pride 2021: The West Coast - Advocate.com - Advocate.com - June 9th, 2021
- Tattooed bride and groom flaunt ink as they pose with pal on leash for wedding day - Daily Star - June 9th, 2021
- Justin Bieber and Drake's tattoo artist is the skin guru you need to know - Los Angeles Times - May 28th, 2021
- What you need to know to become a tattoo artist - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle - May 28th, 2021
- Woman spends $45k to cover body in one tattoo - NEWS.com.au - May 28th, 2021
- Can Tattoos Cause Cancer? The Health Risks of Inking - Healthline - May 28th, 2021
- Yang Zhen Lee's trauma-informed tattooing prioritizes boundaries and trust - PGH City Paper - May 28th, 2021
- The Skin I'm In - INKED - May 28th, 2021
- Dalton, Ga.'s Jones to host show on tattoos that debuts Friday on Fox Nation - Moultrie Observer - May 28th, 2021
- American Exchange Group signs on as Licensee for Ed Hardy in Watches, Jewelry, Handbag, and Accessories Categories - PRNewswire - May 28th, 2021
- Everything You Need To Know About Made-To-Fade Semi-Permanent Tattoos - GLAMOUR UK - May 28th, 2021
- 30 Sureal 3D Tattoos Ideas to Try (2021) - The Trend Spotter - May 28th, 2021
- The tattooing culture of the Americas - Times of Malta - May 28th, 2021
- Teen Mom Briana DeJesus reveals shes moving out of $269k family home to live with fiance Javi and her tw... - The US Sun - May 28th, 2021
- Im a mum-of-three with my body & face COVERED in tattoos Ive even inked my lips... - The US Sun - May 28th, 2021
- The 8 Most Tatted Up Rockers - Popdust - May 28th, 2021
- Amber Luke, Whose Body Is 98% Tattooed, Covers Them With Makeup - BroBible - May 28th, 2021
- How tattoos have evolved in different cultures throughout history - Euro Weekly News - May 28th, 2021
- Jada Pinkett Smith Agrees to Get Matching Tattoos With Willow and Gammy on 'Red Table Talk' (Exclusive) - KVUE.com - May 28th, 2021
- 19 Actors Who Actually Got Tattoos To Honor Their Movie And TV Roles - BuzzFeed - May 16th, 2021
- Kourtney Kardashian Tattoos I Love You on Boyfriend Travis Barkers Arm and Fans Are Freaking Out - Us Weekly - May 16th, 2021
- The Inked Huntress Tattoo Studio is making its mark in Fargo - INFORUM - May 16th, 2021
- Perfectly Drawn Tattoos Look Like Stickers Placed on the Skin - My Modern Met - May 16th, 2021
- 20 Celebrities Who Got Tattoos To Honor Their Movie/TV Roles - FandomWire - May 16th, 2021
- Keith Urban Was At Mall Food Court When Taylor Swift Texted About Collab | The Bobby Bones Show | The Bobby Bones Show - iHeartRadio - May 16th, 2021
- The Story Behind One of the Oldest Art Glass Studios in the US - Hyperallergic - May 16th, 2021
- Mark Tuan on Experimenting With His Solo Aesthetic and Skin Care | Interview - Allure - May 16th, 2021
- Take folk art wherever you go with Redemption Tattoo or display a Santa for every season with the help of Vaillancourt Folk Art - WCVB Boston - May 16th, 2021
- Why is this Fayetteville tattoo artist getting so much attention on TikTok? - The Fayetteville Observer - May 4th, 2021
- Scar tissue: Vietnamese women find healing with tattoos - The Japan Times - May 4th, 2021
- Gypsy Carver Brings Ideas to Life - Thelaker - May 4th, 2021
- Madonna Just Got a Red X Inked on Her Arm and She Drank Wine to Numb the Pain - Us Weekly - May 4th, 2021
- Danny Trejo Reveals the Artist Behind His Iconic Chest Tattoo Actually Hated It (Exclusive) - Showbiz Cheat Sheet - May 4th, 2021
- Senior brings passion for art and tattoos to the campus community - The Hawk - May 4th, 2021
- Tattoo artist finds Robin Hoods Silver Arrow while magnet fishing in Sherwood Forest... - The Sun - May 4th, 2021
- Tattoo Peeling: What's Normal and How to Care for It in 2021 - Cosmopolitan - May 4th, 2021
- LeBron James gets tattoo of 'the big 3' with Lakers return near - New York Post - May 4th, 2021
- 6 Fresh Nail Art Ideas From Around the World - Allure - May 4th, 2021
- Mothers Day Gift ideas with Jeremiah David Stroup - KOIN.com - May 4th, 2021
- Madonna Shows Off Results Of Second Ever Tattoo After Getting Inked On Instagram - HuffPost UK - May 4th, 2021
- This First-of-Its-Kind Temporary Tattoo Ink is Made to Fade - Freethink - April 19th, 2021