I once *almost* convinced a friend to get a tattoo of a frog riding a unicycle with the words dat boi needs therapy, which only goes to show that we all make mistakes. I should have followed through with convincing him (my mistake), making him the owner of the worlds worst tattoo (his mistake). The reason Im telling you this story is because maybe you actually have the worlds worst tattoo and are looking to get it lasered off. Well, Im halfway through tattoo removal and am here to tell you all about it.
The tattoo Im removing is a little semi colon, inked on a whim one day and which now only serves to remind me of a time Id rather forget. (A story for another day.)
Id been thinking about getting it lasered off for a while when Next Level Clinic reached out and asked if Id like to try it for a story. Tattoo removal is on the rise unsurprising, when you think about how popular tattoos are and how quickly trends move. In fact, the global industry is expected to grow almost 20% by 2027, reaching a global value of almost USD $800 million. Thats a lot of bank to be made from poor decisions.
So does it hurt? How long does it take? And can you really erase all your sins with a few rounds of laser treatment?
First, the pain. Im very sorry to say that all the rumours youve heard are true. Tattoo laser removal hurts much, much more than having one inked in the first place, and thats even with numbing cream. At least, thats my experience so far. Maybe Im a huge baby. But it seems to be a rumour for a reason, and that reason is ouch.
Next Level Clinic, located in Sydneys CBD, uses a Discovery Pico Laser Machine, which uses sound waves to literally shatter the tattoo ink but leave the surrounding tissue unharmed. Your body will then flush out the ink via the lymphatic system, meaning its worth your time to learn how to do a lymphatic drainage massage yourself at home.
The process itself takes about five minutes (dependant on the size of your tattoo, of course), but the best part is what happens before that point. While you wait for the numbing cream to do its thing, youll be treated (!!!) to a light therapy facial (like a Red Bull for your skin) and a head, neck and shoulder massage. Thats because Next Level Clinic is owned by the same people who run the mens salon Face of Man just upstairs, so theyve spruced up the clinical procedure with a little indulgence. Honestly, its these massages that keep me coming back. (And, of course, the fact that my tattoo is only half faded so far.)
Once youre done, youll be given a little aftercare kit, including an ointment to put on your tatt each day to help break it up. My tattoo is so small theres not a lot of downtime, but for larger ones I imagine youll be pretty wrecked afterwards.
Obviously, each tattoo is a different beast to remove. Tattoos on your hands, wrists and feet are the hardest, as is the colour red. The number of treatments will also vary based on how the tatt was inked in the first place. But usually, youre looking at six to 12 sessions, taking place six to eight weeks apart.
If youre in Sydney and thinking about tattoo removal, you can get a quote online (for free!) or go into the Next Level Clinic for $50, which then comes off your total cost.
Good luck, and remember: no ragrets.
See the original post here:
- Tarnished Provides Advanced Laser Tattoo Removal and Tattoo Modification Using the Astanza Duality in Oakville, Connecticut - Yahoo Finance - June 9th, 2021
- Warren woman whose mugshots went viral shares her story of recovery - News 5 Cleveland - May 16th, 2021
- Meet ArrDee: The Brighton rapper behind TikTok's biggest song right now - The Tab - May 16th, 2021
- Laser All Brings Full-Spectrum Laser Tattoo Removal and Painless Laser Hair Removal to Westminster, CO with the Astanza Trinity and Astanza ReSmooth... - April 19th, 2021
- Regretting a tattoo? These are your options when it comes to getting rid of it - Fashion Journal - February 19th, 2021
- My Experience Lightening and ... - Tattoos & Piercings - February 14th, 2021
- 'Britain's most tattooed woman' shows what she looks like with ink covered up - Daily Star - February 6th, 2021
- Tattoo Removal Market Trends, Comprehensive Research Study, Development Status, Opportunities, Future Demand, Competitive Landscape and Growth by... - January 22nd, 2021
- Free tattoo removal event helps give people a clean break with past - Stockton Record - January 20th, 2021
- WJFW Newswatch 12 - News From Where You Live - Rhinelander Wisconsin WJFW TV-12 - WJFW-TV - January 20th, 2021
- Kat Von D tattoo cover- up revealed: Tattoo artist shows off new ink! - HITC - Football, Gaming, Movies, TV, Music - December 18th, 2020
- Ribbon Cutting in Boca Raton: LifeGaines Medical and Aesthetics Center Will Receive the Lumenis Excellence Award at Their Ribbon Cutting Event Today... - December 17th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal Procedure, Benefits, and Risks - December 12th, 2020
- How Does Laser Tattoo Removal Work? 7 Facts You Need to Know - December 12th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal | American Society of Plastic Surgeons - December 12th, 2020
- The Best Tattoo Removalists in Canberra - The RiotACT - December 6th, 2020
- Laser tattoo removal offers hope for future - December 5th, 2020
- Laser tattoo removal offers hope for future | fox43.com - December 5th, 2020
- 7 Stars Who Had to Remove Tattoos of Their Exes, From Johnny Depp to Pete Davidson (Photos) - msnNOW - December 2nd, 2020
- The Best Laser Tattoo Removalists in Canberra - The RiotACT - November 30th, 2020
- How Much Does Tattoo Removal Cost? [2020 Price Guide] - November 12th, 2020
- 7 FAQs About Laser Tattoo Removal | Blog | Balshi Dermatology - November 12th, 2020
- The MedSpa on 5th Removes Unwanted Tattoos and Skin Blemishes with the Astanza Duality in Mount Dora, Florida - PRNewswire - November 9th, 2020
- E-dermis Magnetic Tattoo Removal An Alternative Way of Tattoo Elimination - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - November 3rd, 2020
- Understanding Laser Tattoo Removal | University of Utah Health - October 29th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How Much Lasering a Tattoo Costs and Hurts ... - October 29th, 2020
- Panacea Tattoo Removal Offers a Second Chance with Laser Tattoo Removal Featuring the Astanza Duality in Grand Junction, CO - PRNewswire - October 27th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal: From Prep to Aftercare, Heres What to Expect - HYPEBAE - October 27th, 2020
- What To Expect When You Get a Tattoo - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - October 2nd, 2020
- 9 Tips for Tattoo Removal Health Essentials from ... - September 28th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal Lasers: Types & Differences - September 28th, 2020
- What You Need to Know Before Tattoo Removal - - RushPRnews.com - September 26th, 2020
- These innovative regimes and therapies are worth booking well in advance - Connecticut Magazine - September 22nd, 2020
- Chinese Taxi Drivers Ordered To Remove Tattoos - INKED - September 22nd, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How to, Costs, Before and After Pictures ... - September 9th, 2020
- Tattoo removal - Mayo Clinic - September 9th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal - Swinyer-Woseth Dermatology - September 9th, 2020
- 6 Things Everyone Gets Wrong About Laser Tattoo Removal | SELF - September 9th, 2020
- How to Remove Your Unwanted Tattoo Permanently and Safely - Chiang Rai Times - August 25th, 2020
- 10 Things No One Tells You About Tattoo Removal | Glamour - August 22nd, 2020
- How To Remove A Permanent Tattoo: DIY Methods and Surgical ... - August 22nd, 2020
- Laser surgery - Wikipedia - August 22nd, 2020
- 'Erase The Mistake' effort addresses unwanted tattoos - Huntington Herald Dispatch - August 18th, 2020
- Removery's INK-nitiative Will Remove Racist and Hate Tattoos For Free - Tyler Morning Telegraph - August 12th, 2020
- Interest In Tattoo Removal High As Removery Safely Opens Its Doors - PRNewswire - July 15th, 2020
- How to Remove a Tattoo without Laser at Home - September 13th, 2019
- Tattoo removal - Wikipedia - September 13th, 2019