MARION The Board of Health approved license fees and regulations for body art establishments at a July 6 meeting.
The board set operating regulations for body art establishments, specifically for a beauty establishment that looks to add microblading to its services. However, the regulations cover procedures such as tattooing and piercing, alongside microblading and other permanent makeup procedures.
Microblading is a process in which a person is tattooed with small needles to semi-permanently color skin. It is typically done to color ones eyebrows.
License fees for a business wishing to perform body art are $150. Practitioners and apprentice licenses were set at $75 and $50, respectively.
A bit below the average, but in line with surrounding communities, board member Dr. Ed Hoffer said.
Health Agent Anna Wimmer, who drafted the fees and regulations, said she didnt want to go too crazy on licensing fees, as the microblading and other permanent makeup processes are already expensive.
Restrictions to body art practices include the inability to tattoo, pierce genitalia, brand or scar any person under the age of 18.
Those under 18 may be pierced, but must be accompanied by an adult or guardian who must sign a permission form.
The regulations wont go into effect until at least the beginning of August, as Wimmer said the microblading business wont begin training its staff until the fall.
They wont be able to open their establishment until winter anyway, she said.
If they need to get moving I could always step in and do the inspection ahead of time, Public Health Nurse Lori Desmarias added.
The board voted unanimously to adopt the regulations.
Continue reading here:
- According to artists, the Best and Worst Types of Tattoos To Get - Central Recorder - November 23rd, 2021
- Go Behind the Scenes of Succession with Jihae - TownandCountrymag.com - November 23rd, 2021
- Im a makeup artist and these are the most annoying things clients do PLEASE put your phone away... - The US Sun - November 9th, 2021
- Ariana Grande on Creating the Perfect rem Beauty Makeup Line And Secret "Harry Potter" Reference - Seventeen.com - November 9th, 2021
- All New Beauty Launches Arriving in November 2021 - TeenVogue.com - November 9th, 2021
- Katherine Ryan: I thought plastic surgery was aspirational - The Guardian - November 9th, 2021
- Reese Witherspoon's daughter complains to this fellow celeb child about mom-lookalike comparisons, more news - Wonderwall - November 9th, 2021
- Travis Barker's Utterly Distraught Ex-Wife Shanna Moakler Sobs Into The Phone After Rocker Covers Up Tattoo Of Her Name With New Fiance Kourtney... - October 29th, 2021
- Why Are NFL Players So Obsessed With The Dark Knight? - The Ringer - October 29th, 2021
- National salon franchise coming to Milwaukee's Third Ward - BizTimes Milwaukee - October 29th, 2021
- Allouez gets updates on Webster Avenue, south landfill - The Press-Times - October 29th, 2021
- 23 Thanksgiving Makeup Ideas That Pair Well With Pumpkin Pie - Yahoo Lifestyle - October 29th, 2021
- Kaiit On Her Epic Tattoo Collection, Musical Inspirations And Love For 1920s Makeup - The Urban List - October 17th, 2021
- Inside the techniques and ideas behind portrait tattoos - Los Angeles Times - October 17th, 2021
- Mama June, 42, teases new boo then cozies up to handsome tattoo artist after relationship with boy toy Ti... - The US Sun - October 17th, 2021
- Tattoo their name on your body if you love them. Get their face if you really care - Yahoo News - October 17th, 2021
- How Inked made its mark on local television history - The Spinoff - October 5th, 2021
- 13 Latinx-Owned Beauty Brands to Support Now and Always - Vogue - October 5th, 2021
- This female tattoo artist is making her mark in a male-dominated field | Venture - Daily Hive - September 1st, 2021
- The Best Mens Makeup? 5 Pros Share Their Go-To Picks - Vogue - September 1st, 2021
- He's All That Ending, Explained: Do Padgett and Cameron End Up Together? - The Cinemaholic - September 1st, 2021
- Tattoos in the Workplace in 2021 - Fife Free Press - September 1st, 2021
- News to note : Women in Afghanistan fear for their lives and futures, trouble at Times Up & more - Boss Betty - August 20th, 2021
- Machine Gun Kelly Reveals Dramatic Head Tattoo After Shaving off His Hair - PopCulture.com - August 20th, 2021
- 24 of the best beauty products on Amazon that are worth adding to cart - CNN - August 20th, 2021
- This Woman Covered Her Face and Body Tattoos to See if Her Family Would Recognize Her - menshealth.com - August 20th, 2021
- We Tried 8 Viral TikTok Beauty Trends To See If They Really Work - Todayuknews - Todayuknews - August 20th, 2021
- 7 New Netflix Shows You Can Watch This Weekend - Best Life - August 6th, 2021
- Ink positive: how tattoos can heal the mind as well as adorn the body - The Guardian - August 6th, 2021
- 18 Celebs Who Have Looked Back At Their Iconic Past Looks And Gone, "Never Again" - BuzzFeed - August 6th, 2021
- Graphic Eyeliner Is The Makeup Trend You Need Right Now - OK! - July 22nd, 2021
- Permanent makeup: Give yourself a winter beauty boost - New Zealand Herald - July 22nd, 2021
- Celebrities Who Have Had Tattoos Removed: Stars Who Have Undergone the Painful Laser Process - Life&Style Weekly - July 8th, 2021
- Watch This Man React to Seeing His Girlfriend Without Face Tattoos for the First Time - menshealth.com - July 8th, 2021
- Which Kardashian-Jenners Have Tattoos? Photos of Khloe, Rob, Kylie, Kendall and Kris Ink - Life&Style Weekly - July 8th, 2021
- Ludacris On Why He Ditched Plan To Get Covered In Tattoos - AllHipHop - July 8th, 2021
- Brooke Shields on her iconic brows and her definition of self-care - Glossy - July 8th, 2021
- 7 Best Lip Stains That Give You A Popsicle Finish - MissMalini - July 8th, 2021
- Skin Check-In with Dr. Will: The Top-Requested Aesthetic Procedures and Treatments for Summer 2021 - Life&Style Weekly - June 26th, 2021
- Viral video of full body tattoo transformation shows the power of a good makeup artist - Digital Journal - June 26th, 2021
- How to use viral Rampage tattoo filter on TikTok and Instagram - Dexerto - June 9th, 2021
- 7 Reasons to Venture Into the Cosmetics Industry - ABCmoney.co.uk - May 28th, 2021
- The answer to eyebrows gone wrong on Jessops Journeys - ABC 4 - May 28th, 2021
- Iconic 90s Beauty Products That Are Being Revived in 2021 - Femina - May 28th, 2021
- Best Sunscreen for Year-Round UV Protection - Popular Science - May 28th, 2021
- Teen Mom 2s Briana DeJesus is getting serious with boyfriend Javi See photo of them from the reunion - Monsters and Critics - May 28th, 2021
- Landon Barker Gushes Over Kourtney K.'s 'Fire' Tattoo on Travis - In Touch Weekly - May 16th, 2021
- Aesthetic tattoos that cover scars and beautify, how to get one safely? Explica .co - Explica - May 16th, 2021
- James Charles is being sued, Cara Delevingne is auctioning off a NFT of her vagina, and other beauty news - Buro 24/7 Singapore - May 16th, 2021
- Britain's 'Most Tattooed Woman' Covered Up All of Her Ink for a Day - menshealth.com - May 4th, 2021
- Mama June: June Shannon gives Parenting Advice Shares Dos And Donts; Know Which Negative Comment Bothered Her The Most - TV Season Spoilers - May 4th, 2021
- Tinkerbell with tattoos, inked Incredibles; Disney to allow visible tattoos on cast members - WKRG News 5 - April 19th, 2021
- The Ron Swanson Mistake You Never Noticed In Parks And Recreation - Looper - April 4th, 2021
- Ireland Baldwin Reveals Creative Use For David Bowie Tattoo - The Inquisitr News - April 4th, 2021
- Watch Travis Barkers Daughter Alabama Cover Up His Face Tattoos With Makeup - menshealth.com - April 4th, 2021
- Is There KVD Beauty Without Kat Von D? - The Business of Fashion - March 8th, 2021
- What Is Microshading? Heres What To Know About the No-Maintenance, Feathery Brows Everyones Talking About - Well+Good - March 8th, 2021
- Jennifer Aniston finally reveals the meaning behind her '11 11' wrist tattoo - Cosmopolitan UK - March 8th, 2021
- Popular new makeup products to try in 2021 - Belfast Live - February 19th, 2021
- Woman Reacts To Seeing Boyfriend For First Time Without Tattoo-Covered Face - BroBible - February 19th, 2021
- Test Pattern Director Shatara Michelle Ford on Making Their First Film and Being Emotionally Truthful - TheStranger.com - February 19th, 2021
- Here's Why Jeffree Star's 'Delicious' Neck Tattoo Is One Of His Favorites - TheThings - February 17th, 2021
- Blue Light Body Arts to open on the bricks in spring - Hays Daily News - February 17th, 2021
- Exploring the ever-diminishing returns of the Crow franchise - The Spool - February 14th, 2021
- 'Justice League': Check out Jared Leto's freaky Joker in the trailer for Zack Snyder's new HBO Max cut - USA TODAY - February 14th, 2021
- JUSTICE LEAGUE Director Zack Snyder Addresses Absence Of The Joker's SUICIDE SQUAD Tattoos In The Snyder Cut - CBM (Comic Book Movie) - February 11th, 2021
- Zack Snyder explains why Joker's tattoos were removed in Justice League - Explica - February 11th, 2021
- How TikTok communists are reclaiming the hammer and sickle - i-D - February 11th, 2021
- Why Leto's Joker Doesn't Have His "Damaged" Tattoo In Justice League - Screen Rant - February 10th, 2021
- Site of the day: Want a tattoo? You have to download this app - Explica - February 10th, 2021
- Salma Hayek Shows off Chest Tattoos for New Movie 'Bliss' - PopCulture.com - February 7th, 2021
- The rise of beauty enhancements and Maya Darwiche - Sunrise News - February 7th, 2021
- The eyes have it: Above-the-mask makeup sees pandemic surge - CBC.ca - February 7th, 2021
- BB14 promo: Salman Khan schools Abhinav for his choice of words; asks if he's 'going in the right direction' - Times Now - February 7th, 2021
- Tattoo Stamp - MILK MAKEUP | Sephora - February 6th, 2021
- Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Eyeshadow - Maybelline - February 6th, 2021
- Salma Hayek flaunts new large tattoo and fans freak out - HOLA USA - February 6th, 2021
- Gigi Hadid Now Has A Tattoo Tribute To Baby Girl And It Matches Zayn Maliks - Capital - February 4th, 2021
- Bobrisky lavishes N596k while shopping for lady that tattooed him on her back - Legit.ng - February 4th, 2021
- Make-up artist Mei Pang is turning the internet into her beauty playground - Dazed - February 4th, 2021