Were definitely the kind of people who are willing to try a new beauty product no matter what. And hands down, one of our favorite things is finding more affordable options that hold a candle to another more expensive beauty product. Though these drugstore or more affordable look-alikes might not be an exact replica of the more expensive product, they typically work just as well (or even better) and can help you achieve your beauty goals without as much post-buy regret.
With this in mind, check out our roundup of the best affordable beauty products from Amazon all of which are under $40 that are just as good as their cult-favorite counterparts.
e.l.f. 16HR Camo Concealer ($6; amazon.com)
E.l.f. 16HR Camo Concealer
If youre looking for a lightweight, full-coverage concealer for less than $10, the e.l.f 16HR Camo Concealer might catch your attention. Available in 18 shades on Amazon, this concealer is highly pigmented and dries quickly to a matte finish. If you prefer a more satin finish, opt for e.l.fs Hydrating Camo Concealer instead for the same great results.
This cruelty-free and vegan concealer has generated nearly 1,900 reviews on Amazon, where customers rave that the product works as well as Tartes infamous Shape Tape Concealer ($29; tartecosmetics.com and ulta.com).
Sacha Buttercup Setting Powder ($29; amazon.com)
Sacha Buttercup Setting Powder
There arent many things worse to a makeup fanatic than terrible makeup flashback. No matter how flawless you may look, if you set your face with a powder that doesnt complement your skin, you may end up looking chalky or become victim to camera flash.
With more than 7,800 reviews, this Sacha alternative has people ditching their Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder ($39; sephora.com).
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay ($14.95; amazon.com)
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay
Aztec Secrets Indian Healing Clay is a deep-pore-cleansing mask made of 100% natural calcium bentonite clay that reviewers cant get enough of. You mix the clay with water and apple cider vinegar to create a paste that you then put on your face, your body or even your hair as a mask. Many reviewers share that this has worked wonders on their acne or super-clogged pores. (Seriously, check out the customer before-and-after pictures.)
This might be a great option for you if youre interested in a deep-cleaning mask but dont want to pay for the Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask ($28; sephora.com) or the Glamglow Supermud Charcoal Instant Treatment Mask ($60; sephora.com).
LOral Paris Makeup Lash Paradise Mascara ($9.51; amazon.com)
L'Oreal Paris Makeup Lash Paradise Mascara
Finding the right mascara is a game changer. With so many on the market, however, both drugstore and high-end, it can be daunting to decide which ones to give the time of day. Reviewers are obsessed with LOrals Lash Paradise Mascara, which is waterproof, long-lasting mascara that features hourglass bristles that deliver volume and length for a clump-free, full-lash look.
This is known to be a great look-alike of Too Faceds cult-favorite Better Than Sex Mascara ($27; sephora.com), even down to the design of the tube it comes in.
Maybelline New York Baby Lips Glow Lip Balm ($2.98, originally $4.49; amazon.com)
Maybelline New York Baby Lips Glow Lip Balm
Weve been fans of Maybellines Baby Lip Balm since it launched. We loved the moisturizing formula and the sheer lip color it provided. Over the years, its many fans have noted that this lip balm is a good budget-friendly alternative to the popular Dior Lip Glow ($35; sephora.com). For less than $3, pick your favorite Baby Lips shade and try it out for your next dinner date or Instagram selfie.
Maybelline New York Cheek Heat Gel-Cream Blush ($5.98; amazon.com)
Maybelline New York Cheek Heat Gel-Cream Blush
Gel or cream blushes are gaining popularity, thanks to how easy they blend and create a natural flush look. Once you learn a method of applying the blush in a way that complements your makeup and skin care routine, you may never use powder blush again.
Many of us were introduced to the world of gel-cream blushes with Glossiers Cloud Paint ($18; glossier.com), but now Maybellines Cheek Heat has entered the scene. For less than a third of the cost of Cloud Paint, you can get the same beautiful glow in this pigmented, buildable cream blush.
NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner ($8.03, originally $9; amazon.com)
NYX Professional Makeup Epic Ink Liner
Creating the perfect winged eye look requires an exceptional liner thats precise, thats highly pigmented and that wont smudge. When we tested the best liquid eyeliners of 2021, the NYX Epic Ink Liner came out on top as our best budget buy, scoring the highest of all the liners we tested in application and precision. For less than $10, you can achieve the cat-eye of your dreams with a liner that users say rivals KVD Vegan Beautys Tattoo Eyeliner ($21; sephora.com).
Thayers Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner ($10.95; amazon.com)
Thayers Original Witch Hazel Facial Toner
People love witch hazel to tone the skin after cleansing because its known to help decrease inflammation and soothe sensitive skin. If youre looking for a witch hazel toner without alcohol, fragrance and parabens, try this one from Thayers. Many users opt for this over Mario Badescus Witch Hazel Toner ($14; nordstrom.com) because its a little cheaper for more product and doesnt include synthetic ingredients.
BS-Mall 14-Piece Synthetic Makeup Brush Set ($9.99, originally $11.49; amazon.com)
BS-Mall 14-Piece Synthetic Makeup Brush Set
A good set of makeup brushes can significantly improve your makeup application, so its important to find tools that work best for your routine. If youre looking for an amazing deal on brushes that some users think stack up to Sigmas ($160; nordstrom.com), you should give these a try. This set features 14 brushes, is available in four colors and is a No. 1 Amazon bestseller.
Ezbasics Facial Cleansing Brush ($24.99; amazon.com)
Ezbasics Facial Cleansing Brush
Sometimes cleaning your face with your hands doesnt quite achieve that thorough cleansing you desire, but when you use a spin brush it may feel too harsh especially if you have sensitive skin. If youre looking for a next-level cleansing experience somewhere in the middle, a silicone brush might work for you. Foreo is widely known for its popular silicone brushes, such as the Luna 3 ($199; foreo.com and sephora.com) that effectively cleanses deep below the skins surface.
We get it: Its a big commitment to spend $200 on a facial tool. So check out the much more affordable Ezbasics Silicone Face Cleanser Brush, which uses pulsations to cleanse the skin and remove makeup residue and skin cells, just like the Foreo. Because the bristles are silicone, youll get a good clean that isnt too abrasive.
NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil ($9.03, originally $10; amazon.com)
NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil
The NYX Professional Makeup Micro Brow Pencil is hands down one of our favorite drugstore beauty products that truly rivals its more expensive counterpart. Dont get us wrong, Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz ($23; sephora.com) is an amazing pencil that creates precise, natural-looking brows using only one tool.
However, for those times when were not willing to spend more than a few bucks on a brow product, we opt for the NYX version without hesitation. The Brow Wiz glides on easier and creamier than the Micro Brow Pencil, but the end result is the same: a simple snatched eyebrow. Read our full review of the Nyx brow pencil here.
Ponds Makeup Remover Cleansing Balm ($25.08; amazon.com)
Pond's Makeup Remover Cleansing Balm
Cleansing balms are a popular method of removing makeup and cleansing skin in a way thats more effective (and eco-friendly) than makeup wipes and that leaves skin feeling nourished. Ponds is known for its iconic Cold Cream Cleanser, but its now giving Cliniques Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm ($34; sephora.com) a run for its money with its Makeup Remover Cleansing Balm. For only $10, you can melt your makeup away while infusing your skin with moisture to reveal softer, more radiant skin.
e.l.f. Liquid Glitter Eye Shadow ($5; amazon.com)
e.l.f. Liquid Glitter Eye Shadow
When you want to spice up your makeup look on the go but are pressed for time or space in your makeup bag, a liquid eye shadow is the way to go. Stilas Glitter & Glow Liquid Eye Shadow ($24; sephora.com) is a serious winner for a stay-on, lightweight, liquid shadow with beautiful pigment. Luckily for us, e.l.f. has given us another amazing option for under $5 with its liquid glitter eye shadows. Choose from eight shades to add some shimmer over your eye, or rock it on its own.
Paulas Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant ($29.50; amazon.com)
Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
When it comes to exfoliants, Biologique Recherches P50 Lotion ($101; shoprescuespa.com) is easily one of the most popular. The exfoliating toner is known to be effective in its mission to cleanse, purify and balance pH by basically removing dead skin in a way thats better for your face than physical exfoliants.
All of this sounds phenomenal and worth cult status, but an over-$100 price point can be a stretch. Although Paulas Choice 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant doesnt contain the same ingredients as the renowned P50, reviewers say it still does wonders to unclog pores, exfoliate dead skin cells and even out skin tone for glowing and radiant skin without the guilt.
Tula Skin Care Glow & Get It Cooling & Brightening Eye Balm ($28; amazon.com)
Tula Skin Care Glow & Get It Cooling & Brightening Eye Balm
If youre looking for an eye balm that feels amazing going on, go for the Tula Skin Care Glow & Get It Cooling & Brightening Eye Balm. It has a lovely cooling sensation that works to hydrate, brighten and help dark circles and puffiness.
Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick ($7.65; amazon.com)
Maybelline SuperStay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick
The Maybelline SuperStay Matte Liquid Lipstick is a high-pigment matte finish lip thats formulated to last up to 16 hours. In fact, we named it the best budget matte lipstick. We found that it really did stay put all day long, despite being a drugstore beauty find. Even better: We experienced little to no transfer on everything from masks to coffee glasses.
CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion for Dry Skin ($18.40; amazon.com)
CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion for Dry Skin
This lotion comes at the recommendation of dermatologists and estheticians alike, along with being top rated on Amazon with nearly 47,000 5-star ratings. The lightweight lotion is formulated with hyaluronic acid and ceramides to leave skin feeling moisturized and hydrated for normal to dry skin types. Its also noncomedogenic and fragrance-free, so its known to work for sensitive skin too.
Hero Cosmetics Mighty Patch Original ($12.99; amazon.com)
Hero Cosmetics Mighty Patch Original
The iconic Mighty Patch is essentially a hydrocolloid sticker patch meant to improve the look of pimples overnight. Who doesnt want to get rid of their zits during their beauty sleep? Not to mention these are super thin and practically translucent, so they blend into your skin for the most part. For less than $15, get your hands on a pack to have on hand for your next breakout.
Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer ($41.88, originally $59.99; amazon.com)
Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer
We will rave about the Revlon One-Step Hair Dryer and Volumizer forever and ever its that great. In fact, we think its the best budget hair dryer weve ever tried. If you havent heard of it yet, get your hands on it ASAP to get a salon-quality blowout right at home. It seamlessly distributes hot air onto the hair to dry and style it at the same time.
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation ($5.28, originally $7.99; amazon.com)
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Liquid Foundation
The Maybelline Fit Me foundation is a must-try, whether youre on a budget or just like to try every foundation in the market. Available in a matte or dewy finish, this foundation is offered in 40 shades for buildable coverage. The matte finish is best for normal to oily skin, and has generated nearly 52,000 5-star reviews on Amazon. Just apply with your fingers, favorite brush or sponge.
EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 ($37; amazon.com)
EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 46
Yes, you need sunscreen every day no matter your age, skin tone or whatever other factor comes to mind. Experts will tell you that its important to shield yourself from the suns harmful rays to avoid damage, including skin cancer. Of all the sunscreens on the market, we reach for the EltaMD UV Clear Sunscreen to apply daily on the face. Its lightweight, noncomedogenic and fragrance-free, and it wont give you a white cast.
Olaplex No. 3 Hair Perfector
Olaplex No. 3 Hair Perfector ($28; amazon.com)
Olaplex No. 3 Hair Perfector
Follow this link:
- According to artists, the Best and Worst Types of Tattoos To Get - Central Recorder - November 23rd, 2021
- Go Behind the Scenes of Succession with Jihae - TownandCountrymag.com - November 23rd, 2021
- Im a makeup artist and these are the most annoying things clients do PLEASE put your phone away... - The US Sun - November 9th, 2021
- Ariana Grande on Creating the Perfect rem Beauty Makeup Line And Secret "Harry Potter" Reference - Seventeen.com - November 9th, 2021
- All New Beauty Launches Arriving in November 2021 - TeenVogue.com - November 9th, 2021
- Katherine Ryan: I thought plastic surgery was aspirational - The Guardian - November 9th, 2021
- Reese Witherspoon's daughter complains to this fellow celeb child about mom-lookalike comparisons, more news - Wonderwall - November 9th, 2021
- Travis Barker's Utterly Distraught Ex-Wife Shanna Moakler Sobs Into The Phone After Rocker Covers Up Tattoo Of Her Name With New Fiance Kourtney... - October 29th, 2021
- Why Are NFL Players So Obsessed With The Dark Knight? - The Ringer - October 29th, 2021
- National salon franchise coming to Milwaukee's Third Ward - BizTimes Milwaukee - October 29th, 2021
- Allouez gets updates on Webster Avenue, south landfill - The Press-Times - October 29th, 2021
- 23 Thanksgiving Makeup Ideas That Pair Well With Pumpkin Pie - Yahoo Lifestyle - October 29th, 2021
- Kaiit On Her Epic Tattoo Collection, Musical Inspirations And Love For 1920s Makeup - The Urban List - October 17th, 2021
- Inside the techniques and ideas behind portrait tattoos - Los Angeles Times - October 17th, 2021
- Mama June, 42, teases new boo then cozies up to handsome tattoo artist after relationship with boy toy Ti... - The US Sun - October 17th, 2021
- Tattoo their name on your body if you love them. Get their face if you really care - Yahoo News - October 17th, 2021
- How Inked made its mark on local television history - The Spinoff - October 5th, 2021
- 13 Latinx-Owned Beauty Brands to Support Now and Always - Vogue - October 5th, 2021
- This female tattoo artist is making her mark in a male-dominated field | Venture - Daily Hive - September 1st, 2021
- The Best Mens Makeup? 5 Pros Share Their Go-To Picks - Vogue - September 1st, 2021
- He's All That Ending, Explained: Do Padgett and Cameron End Up Together? - The Cinemaholic - September 1st, 2021
- Tattoos in the Workplace in 2021 - Fife Free Press - September 1st, 2021
- News to note : Women in Afghanistan fear for their lives and futures, trouble at Times Up & more - Boss Betty - August 20th, 2021
- Machine Gun Kelly Reveals Dramatic Head Tattoo After Shaving off His Hair - PopCulture.com - August 20th, 2021
- This Woman Covered Her Face and Body Tattoos to See if Her Family Would Recognize Her - menshealth.com - August 20th, 2021
- We Tried 8 Viral TikTok Beauty Trends To See If They Really Work - Todayuknews - Todayuknews - August 20th, 2021
- 7 New Netflix Shows You Can Watch This Weekend - Best Life - August 6th, 2021
- Ink positive: how tattoos can heal the mind as well as adorn the body - The Guardian - August 6th, 2021
- 18 Celebs Who Have Looked Back At Their Iconic Past Looks And Gone, "Never Again" - BuzzFeed - August 6th, 2021
- Graphic Eyeliner Is The Makeup Trend You Need Right Now - OK! - July 22nd, 2021
- Permanent makeup: Give yourself a winter beauty boost - New Zealand Herald - July 22nd, 2021
- Celebrities Who Have Had Tattoos Removed: Stars Who Have Undergone the Painful Laser Process - Life&Style Weekly - July 8th, 2021
- Watch This Man React to Seeing His Girlfriend Without Face Tattoos for the First Time - menshealth.com - July 8th, 2021
- Which Kardashian-Jenners Have Tattoos? Photos of Khloe, Rob, Kylie, Kendall and Kris Ink - Life&Style Weekly - July 8th, 2021
- Marion to adopt body art regulations | Sippican - Sippican Week - July 8th, 2021
- Ludacris On Why He Ditched Plan To Get Covered In Tattoos - AllHipHop - July 8th, 2021
- Brooke Shields on her iconic brows and her definition of self-care - Glossy - July 8th, 2021
- 7 Best Lip Stains That Give You A Popsicle Finish - MissMalini - July 8th, 2021
- Skin Check-In with Dr. Will: The Top-Requested Aesthetic Procedures and Treatments for Summer 2021 - Life&Style Weekly - June 26th, 2021
- Viral video of full body tattoo transformation shows the power of a good makeup artist - Digital Journal - June 26th, 2021
- How to use viral Rampage tattoo filter on TikTok and Instagram - Dexerto - June 9th, 2021
- 7 Reasons to Venture Into the Cosmetics Industry - ABCmoney.co.uk - May 28th, 2021
- The answer to eyebrows gone wrong on Jessops Journeys - ABC 4 - May 28th, 2021
- Iconic 90s Beauty Products That Are Being Revived in 2021 - Femina - May 28th, 2021
- Best Sunscreen for Year-Round UV Protection - Popular Science - May 28th, 2021
- Teen Mom 2s Briana DeJesus is getting serious with boyfriend Javi See photo of them from the reunion - Monsters and Critics - May 28th, 2021
- Landon Barker Gushes Over Kourtney K.'s 'Fire' Tattoo on Travis - In Touch Weekly - May 16th, 2021
- Aesthetic tattoos that cover scars and beautify, how to get one safely? Explica .co - Explica - May 16th, 2021
- James Charles is being sued, Cara Delevingne is auctioning off a NFT of her vagina, and other beauty news - Buro 24/7 Singapore - May 16th, 2021
- Britain's 'Most Tattooed Woman' Covered Up All of Her Ink for a Day - menshealth.com - May 4th, 2021
- Mama June: June Shannon gives Parenting Advice Shares Dos And Donts; Know Which Negative Comment Bothered Her The Most - TV Season Spoilers - May 4th, 2021
- Tinkerbell with tattoos, inked Incredibles; Disney to allow visible tattoos on cast members - WKRG News 5 - April 19th, 2021
- The Ron Swanson Mistake You Never Noticed In Parks And Recreation - Looper - April 4th, 2021
- Ireland Baldwin Reveals Creative Use For David Bowie Tattoo - The Inquisitr News - April 4th, 2021
- Watch Travis Barkers Daughter Alabama Cover Up His Face Tattoos With Makeup - menshealth.com - April 4th, 2021
- Is There KVD Beauty Without Kat Von D? - The Business of Fashion - March 8th, 2021
- What Is Microshading? Heres What To Know About the No-Maintenance, Feathery Brows Everyones Talking About - Well+Good - March 8th, 2021
- Jennifer Aniston finally reveals the meaning behind her '11 11' wrist tattoo - Cosmopolitan UK - March 8th, 2021
- Popular new makeup products to try in 2021 - Belfast Live - February 19th, 2021
- Woman Reacts To Seeing Boyfriend For First Time Without Tattoo-Covered Face - BroBible - February 19th, 2021
- Test Pattern Director Shatara Michelle Ford on Making Their First Film and Being Emotionally Truthful - TheStranger.com - February 19th, 2021
- Here's Why Jeffree Star's 'Delicious' Neck Tattoo Is One Of His Favorites - TheThings - February 17th, 2021
- Blue Light Body Arts to open on the bricks in spring - Hays Daily News - February 17th, 2021
- Exploring the ever-diminishing returns of the Crow franchise - The Spool - February 14th, 2021
- 'Justice League': Check out Jared Leto's freaky Joker in the trailer for Zack Snyder's new HBO Max cut - USA TODAY - February 14th, 2021
- JUSTICE LEAGUE Director Zack Snyder Addresses Absence Of The Joker's SUICIDE SQUAD Tattoos In The Snyder Cut - CBM (Comic Book Movie) - February 11th, 2021
- Zack Snyder explains why Joker's tattoos were removed in Justice League - Explica - February 11th, 2021
- How TikTok communists are reclaiming the hammer and sickle - i-D - February 11th, 2021
- Why Leto's Joker Doesn't Have His "Damaged" Tattoo In Justice League - Screen Rant - February 10th, 2021
- Site of the day: Want a tattoo? You have to download this app - Explica - February 10th, 2021
- Salma Hayek Shows off Chest Tattoos for New Movie 'Bliss' - PopCulture.com - February 7th, 2021
- The rise of beauty enhancements and Maya Darwiche - Sunrise News - February 7th, 2021
- The eyes have it: Above-the-mask makeup sees pandemic surge - CBC.ca - February 7th, 2021
- BB14 promo: Salman Khan schools Abhinav for his choice of words; asks if he's 'going in the right direction' - Times Now - February 7th, 2021
- Tattoo Stamp - MILK MAKEUP | Sephora - February 6th, 2021
- Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Eyeshadow - Maybelline - February 6th, 2021
- Salma Hayek flaunts new large tattoo and fans freak out - HOLA USA - February 6th, 2021
- Gigi Hadid Now Has A Tattoo Tribute To Baby Girl And It Matches Zayn Maliks - Capital - February 4th, 2021
- Bobrisky lavishes N596k while shopping for lady that tattooed him on her back - Legit.ng - February 4th, 2021
- Make-up artist Mei Pang is turning the internet into her beauty playground - Dazed - February 4th, 2021