See how to remove a tattoo
Watch a technician at Tattoo Removal Ink apply laser treatment to client Matthew Hayhow's tattoo.
Video courtesy of Tattoo Removal Ink
Austin-basedRemovery hopes you love your tattoos.
But if for any reason you don't, the company is ready to provideremoval, changeand fade services using laser technology.
The fast-growing company is backed by a $50 million in investment from New York-based Elliott Investment Management,which has holdings in public companiesincluding Twitter and Duke Energy.
Removeryrecentlymoved into a new headquarters in offices on South Congress Avenue that were formerly occupied by the Kendra Scott jewelry company. Removery's headquarters is on the second story and it has opened a tattoo removal studio on the lower floor.
More: Austin 3D-printing company Icon lands $207 million to continue rapid growth
The companywas formed in 2019 through the merger of four tattoo removal companies. Removery now operates 60 locations in the United States and Canada.
The founding team formerly carried out a similar model with dental roll-ups in Australia, which eventually grew to more than 600 locations.
"We were looking for the next opportunity and we were really attracted to tattoo removal," CEOTom Weber told the American-Statesman. "It's a relatively unknown thing. There's no large player doing it. It's like dental was 20 or 30 years ago."
A recent report from New York-based Kenneth Research predicts that the global market for tattoo removals by dermatologists, medical spas and laser technicians will grow to $4.8 billion by 2023.
According to the report, North America is currently the leading market, and Removery said it plans to grow to more than 200 studios in the next five years. The company also sees global expansion opportunities, Weber said.
More: Can technology reshape mental health therapy? An Austin startup says yes
We believe Removery has significant growth potential ahead as the company expands to meet the needs of an underserved market, Elliott said in a statement in January when it announced its investmentin the company.
A typical tattoo takes 10 laser treatments to remove completely, according to Removery. For those looking to fade a tattoo for a cover-up piece, a partial tattoo removal option can remove as much ink as possible in one to four sessions.
Laser tattoo removal works by applying concentrated energy to the ink particles. This breaks up the large particles of ink into smaller ones, allowing one's immune system to flush it out. Each laser treatment works at a different depth in the skin, so multiple sessions spaced six to eightweeks apartare needed to get all the ink.
Complete removal packages start at $990 for a ring finger tattoo removal and can range to $1,690 for a wrist tattoo removal and $3,990 for removal of a chest tattoo, according to Removery's website.The age of the tattoo, its density and size are all factored intopricing, the company says.
More: Beer giant Anheuser-Busch opening an Austin office to tap into region's marketing talent
Weber said Austin was a good fit for the company's headquarters. "We could have chosen anywhere, but Austin is a great city, a great vibe, a great talent pool, and conducive to tattoos and tattoo removal."
He stressed that Removery is not anti-tattoo, and said "a lot" of the company's 220 employees have tattoos.
"Our typical client is anyone who has a tattoo and is interested in either removing it or fading it or covering it up to do something else," he said. "Millennials, 25 to 45 are our core client. It's the soccer mom or dad who got one when they were 18. Now they want to make a change."
Weber said Removery gets many business leads from relationships it has developed with tattoo studios.
"We are very much pro-tattoo artists, there is no judgment," he said. "We get 25% of our business from referrals from artists. They have clients who are interested in doing another tattoo or want to change something."
Removery has also launched INK initiative, which is a community-based program designed to remove tattoos for free for those who have been formerly incarcerated, including gang members, survivors of human trafficking and those who want to remove hate symbols.
"That's the sort of work that really matters," Weber said. "It's a wonderful program that means a lot to us."
- Teen Mom Ashley Jones baby daddy Bar Smith undergoes second round of lasering to remove his face tattoos i... - The US Sun - September 1st, 2021
- Ubiquity Lab Wins Removery, As The Tattoo Removal Service Launches In Australia - B&T - August 20th, 2021
- Surgical Laser Devices Market: Urology segment held major market share due to rise in the prevalence of urological disorders - BioSpace - July 22nd, 2021
- Thinking about getting a tattoo? Here's what you need to know before getting inked for the first time - IOL - July 8th, 2021
- Pete Davidson Is Getting All of His Tattoos Removed and Itll Take 2 More Years - Us Weekly - July 8th, 2021
- Doff & Flux On the Efficacy of Laser Tattoo Removal and Industry Impact - Digital Journal - July 8th, 2021
- Trying to Remove a Tattoo at Home Can Do More Harm Than Good - Chiang Rai Times - June 26th, 2021
- Taking your scars and making something better. Jillian Marty on Jessops Journal - ABC 4 - June 26th, 2021
- Tarnished Provides Advanced Laser Tattoo Removal and Tattoo Modification Using the Astanza Duality in Oakville, Connecticut - Yahoo Finance - June 9th, 2021
- This Is What Its Like To Get A Tattoo Removed, If You Once Had No Ragrets But Now Have Some - Pedestrian TV - June 9th, 2021
- Warren woman whose mugshots went viral shares her story of recovery - News 5 Cleveland - May 16th, 2021
- Meet ArrDee: The Brighton rapper behind TikTok's biggest song right now - The Tab - May 16th, 2021
- Laser All Brings Full-Spectrum Laser Tattoo Removal and Painless Laser Hair Removal to Westminster, CO with the Astanza Trinity and Astanza ReSmooth... - April 19th, 2021
- Regretting a tattoo? These are your options when it comes to getting rid of it - Fashion Journal - February 19th, 2021
- My Experience Lightening and ... - Tattoos & Piercings - February 14th, 2021
- 'Britain's most tattooed woman' shows what she looks like with ink covered up - Daily Star - February 6th, 2021
- Tattoo Removal Market Trends, Comprehensive Research Study, Development Status, Opportunities, Future Demand, Competitive Landscape and Growth by... - January 22nd, 2021
- Free tattoo removal event helps give people a clean break with past - Stockton Record - January 20th, 2021
- WJFW Newswatch 12 - News From Where You Live - Rhinelander Wisconsin WJFW TV-12 - WJFW-TV - January 20th, 2021
- Kat Von D tattoo cover- up revealed: Tattoo artist shows off new ink! - HITC - Football, Gaming, Movies, TV, Music - December 18th, 2020
- Ribbon Cutting in Boca Raton: LifeGaines Medical and Aesthetics Center Will Receive the Lumenis Excellence Award at Their Ribbon Cutting Event Today... - December 17th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal Procedure, Benefits, and Risks - December 12th, 2020
- How Does Laser Tattoo Removal Work? 7 Facts You Need to Know - December 12th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal | American Society of Plastic Surgeons - December 12th, 2020
- The Best Tattoo Removalists in Canberra - The RiotACT - December 6th, 2020
- Laser tattoo removal offers hope for future - December 5th, 2020
- Laser tattoo removal offers hope for future | fox43.com - December 5th, 2020
- 7 Stars Who Had to Remove Tattoos of Their Exes, From Johnny Depp to Pete Davidson (Photos) - msnNOW - December 2nd, 2020
- The Best Laser Tattoo Removalists in Canberra - The RiotACT - November 30th, 2020
- How Much Does Tattoo Removal Cost? [2020 Price Guide] - November 12th, 2020
- 7 FAQs About Laser Tattoo Removal | Blog | Balshi Dermatology - November 12th, 2020
- The MedSpa on 5th Removes Unwanted Tattoos and Skin Blemishes with the Astanza Duality in Mount Dora, Florida - PRNewswire - November 9th, 2020
- E-dermis Magnetic Tattoo Removal An Alternative Way of Tattoo Elimination - WhaTech Technology and Markets News - November 3rd, 2020
- Understanding Laser Tattoo Removal | University of Utah Health - October 29th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How Much Lasering a Tattoo Costs and Hurts ... - October 29th, 2020
- Panacea Tattoo Removal Offers a Second Chance with Laser Tattoo Removal Featuring the Astanza Duality in Grand Junction, CO - PRNewswire - October 27th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal: From Prep to Aftercare, Heres What to Expect - HYPEBAE - October 27th, 2020
- What To Expect When You Get a Tattoo - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - October 2nd, 2020
- 9 Tips for Tattoo Removal Health Essentials from ... - September 28th, 2020
- Tattoo Removal Lasers: Types & Differences - September 28th, 2020
- What You Need to Know Before Tattoo Removal - - RushPRnews.com - September 26th, 2020
- These innovative regimes and therapies are worth booking well in advance - Connecticut Magazine - September 22nd, 2020
- Chinese Taxi Drivers Ordered To Remove Tattoos - INKED - September 22nd, 2020
- Tattoo Removal: How to, Costs, Before and After Pictures ... - September 9th, 2020
- Tattoo removal - Mayo Clinic - September 9th, 2020
- Laser Tattoo Removal - Swinyer-Woseth Dermatology - September 9th, 2020
- 6 Things Everyone Gets Wrong About Laser Tattoo Removal | SELF - September 9th, 2020
- How to Remove Your Unwanted Tattoo Permanently and Safely - Chiang Rai Times - August 25th, 2020
- 10 Things No One Tells You About Tattoo Removal | Glamour - August 22nd, 2020
- How To Remove A Permanent Tattoo: DIY Methods and Surgical ... - August 22nd, 2020
- Laser surgery - Wikipedia - August 22nd, 2020
- 'Erase The Mistake' effort addresses unwanted tattoos - Huntington Herald Dispatch - August 18th, 2020
- Removery's INK-nitiative Will Remove Racist and Hate Tattoos For Free - Tyler Morning Telegraph - August 12th, 2020
- Interest In Tattoo Removal High As Removery Safely Opens Its Doors - PRNewswire - July 15th, 2020
- How to Remove a Tattoo without Laser at Home - September 13th, 2019
- Tattoo removal - Wikipedia - September 13th, 2019