In the spirit of celebrating Latinx beauty and shifting power in the industry, here are 13 Latinx-founded brands that you can support now and always.
Ceremonia, which translates to ceremony in Spanish, is inspired by the Latinx traditions and rituals Babba Rivera grew up with. The lines debut product was Aceite de Moska, a scalp oil inspired by a tried-and-true treatment originating in the Dominican Republic that restores and conditions the scalp for softer, stronger, and thicker hair.
Mexican-American pop superstar Becky G launched her Treslce Beauty makeup line over the summer. Since then, the brand, which is an ode to her Latinx heritage, has been widely embraced for its neon-bright pigments, fluttery falsies, and gorgeously illustrated packaging in collaboration with Mexico Citybased artist Monica Loya. Treslce celebrates not only my Mexican-American roots, but Latinx heritage and beauty needs in general, says Becky. We come from diverse nationalities, cultures, and ethnicities, and I kept that in mind when developing the line.
Founded by former chief merchant of Sephora Margarita Arriagada, clean lipstickfocused brand Vald Beauty is her ode to her late Peruvian mother and her proclivity for a bold swipe of crimson on the lips. It was like a glamorous coat of armor, explains Arriagada. Designed to last a lifetime, Valds refillable lip set features an objet dartlike metallic case with an intricate feathered-wing detail and an inset magnifying mirror for touch-ups.
After 25 years working on hair-care brands for Procter & Gamble and LOral, Venezuelan entrepreneur Sonsoles Gonzalez decided to break out on her own and launch Better Not Younger, a hair-care line that caters to the lengths of women over 40. Always looking for ways to support the Latinx community, more than 50% of Gonzalezs team is Hispanic.
For Tata Harper, it was her days spent at her grandmothers house practicing beauty rituals in her native Barranquilla, Colombia, that sparked her passion for self-care, and in turn skin care. Since launching her eponymous natural brand in 2010, Harpers luxurious, consciously crafted products, from the Regenerating Cleanser to the Resurfacing Mask, have become instant cult classics.
Inspired by her own curl journey, Los Angelesraised Mexican-American Julissa Prado, founder and CEO of Rizos Curls, set out to formulate a range of clean hair products that cater to all textures on the curl-pattern spectrum, with a host of ultra-nourishing, nutrient-rich ingredients like reparative aloe vera and strengthening moringa oil.
Harking back to the days of Old Hollywood but with more innovative formulas, Bsame Cosmetics was founded in 2004 by cosmetics historian Gabriela Hernandez, who immigrated to the U.S. from Argentina when she was 12 years old, as an ode to her glamorous grandmother. It has become a modern vintage mainstay with its highly pigmented lipsticks, rouges, and stunning old-school packaging.
Created by Afro-Dominican beauty advocate Lulu Cordero, Bomba Curls is a hair-care line catering to all the curls of her community, keeping spirals healthy, bouncy, and growing. The dynamic range includes the cult Forbidden Oil, made from pure coffee and castor oil, and deep conditioning Hair Mask, packed with raw cinnamon, pistachios, and cupuacu butter.
While Ere Perezs namesake natural makeup and skin-care brand was born in Sydneys Bondi Beach, it was very much inspired by her childhood in her native Mexico, where her grandfather was a medicine man and her mother was always cooking up natural, at-home remedies. From Perezs beetroot cheek and lip tint to the soothing multiuse papaya marmalade balm, her offerings supply the ultimate flushed glow.
Mexico-born founder Regina Mersons fervor for all things makeup began as a young girl devouring telenovela Rosa Salvaje and watching her mother get ready for girls nights out. Born from this passion and her pride for her cultural identity as a Latina, her Reina Rebelde makeup line has quickly become a tried-and-true favorite for its vivid color offerings and packaging, which reimagines traditional American tattoo pinup artwork through her Latinx roots.
In partnership with her son, artist David Foote, Marianella Febres-Cordero launched beauty brand Marianella, known for its gorgeous Venezuelan-inspired face and body care and roll-on fragrances, and inspired by her experience growing up making soaps and beauty products in her grandmothers kitchen.
The secrets behind influencer Camila Coelhos signature glow and lush lengths have been bottled into her line, Elaluz. The entrepreneurs offerings, like her amber cacay oilcharged Beauty Oil and rich-in-omega-3-fats Brazilian nut-laced Dry Texture Finishing Spray, harness clean, high-performance ingredients from her native Brazil.
As a Mexican-American, Selena Gomez has woven her Latinx roots into much of her creative expression, from her music to her beauty line, Rare Beauty, which champions inclusivity and encourages self-love with its inspiring messaging and gorgeous skin, cheek, and eye offerings.
View original post here:
- According to artists, the Best and Worst Types of Tattoos To Get - Central Recorder - November 23rd, 2021
- Go Behind the Scenes of Succession with Jihae - TownandCountrymag.com - November 23rd, 2021
- Im a makeup artist and these are the most annoying things clients do PLEASE put your phone away... - The US Sun - November 9th, 2021
- Ariana Grande on Creating the Perfect rem Beauty Makeup Line And Secret "Harry Potter" Reference - Seventeen.com - November 9th, 2021
- All New Beauty Launches Arriving in November 2021 - TeenVogue.com - November 9th, 2021
- Katherine Ryan: I thought plastic surgery was aspirational - The Guardian - November 9th, 2021
- Reese Witherspoon's daughter complains to this fellow celeb child about mom-lookalike comparisons, more news - Wonderwall - November 9th, 2021
- Travis Barker's Utterly Distraught Ex-Wife Shanna Moakler Sobs Into The Phone After Rocker Covers Up Tattoo Of Her Name With New Fiance Kourtney... - October 29th, 2021
- Why Are NFL Players So Obsessed With The Dark Knight? - The Ringer - October 29th, 2021
- National salon franchise coming to Milwaukee's Third Ward - BizTimes Milwaukee - October 29th, 2021
- Allouez gets updates on Webster Avenue, south landfill - The Press-Times - October 29th, 2021
- 23 Thanksgiving Makeup Ideas That Pair Well With Pumpkin Pie - Yahoo Lifestyle - October 29th, 2021
- Kaiit On Her Epic Tattoo Collection, Musical Inspirations And Love For 1920s Makeup - The Urban List - October 17th, 2021
- Inside the techniques and ideas behind portrait tattoos - Los Angeles Times - October 17th, 2021
- Mama June, 42, teases new boo then cozies up to handsome tattoo artist after relationship with boy toy Ti... - The US Sun - October 17th, 2021
- Tattoo their name on your body if you love them. Get their face if you really care - Yahoo News - October 17th, 2021
- How Inked made its mark on local television history - The Spinoff - October 5th, 2021
- This female tattoo artist is making her mark in a male-dominated field | Venture - Daily Hive - September 1st, 2021
- The Best Mens Makeup? 5 Pros Share Their Go-To Picks - Vogue - September 1st, 2021
- He's All That Ending, Explained: Do Padgett and Cameron End Up Together? - The Cinemaholic - September 1st, 2021
- Tattoos in the Workplace in 2021 - Fife Free Press - September 1st, 2021
- News to note : Women in Afghanistan fear for their lives and futures, trouble at Times Up & more - Boss Betty - August 20th, 2021
- Machine Gun Kelly Reveals Dramatic Head Tattoo After Shaving off His Hair - PopCulture.com - August 20th, 2021
- 24 of the best beauty products on Amazon that are worth adding to cart - CNN - August 20th, 2021
- This Woman Covered Her Face and Body Tattoos to See if Her Family Would Recognize Her - menshealth.com - August 20th, 2021
- We Tried 8 Viral TikTok Beauty Trends To See If They Really Work - Todayuknews - Todayuknews - August 20th, 2021
- 7 New Netflix Shows You Can Watch This Weekend - Best Life - August 6th, 2021
- Ink positive: how tattoos can heal the mind as well as adorn the body - The Guardian - August 6th, 2021
- 18 Celebs Who Have Looked Back At Their Iconic Past Looks And Gone, "Never Again" - BuzzFeed - August 6th, 2021
- Graphic Eyeliner Is The Makeup Trend You Need Right Now - OK! - July 22nd, 2021
- Permanent makeup: Give yourself a winter beauty boost - New Zealand Herald - July 22nd, 2021
- Celebrities Who Have Had Tattoos Removed: Stars Who Have Undergone the Painful Laser Process - Life&Style Weekly - July 8th, 2021
- Watch This Man React to Seeing His Girlfriend Without Face Tattoos for the First Time - menshealth.com - July 8th, 2021
- Which Kardashian-Jenners Have Tattoos? Photos of Khloe, Rob, Kylie, Kendall and Kris Ink - Life&Style Weekly - July 8th, 2021
- Marion to adopt body art regulations | Sippican - Sippican Week - July 8th, 2021
- Ludacris On Why He Ditched Plan To Get Covered In Tattoos - AllHipHop - July 8th, 2021
- Brooke Shields on her iconic brows and her definition of self-care - Glossy - July 8th, 2021
- 7 Best Lip Stains That Give You A Popsicle Finish - MissMalini - July 8th, 2021
- Skin Check-In with Dr. Will: The Top-Requested Aesthetic Procedures and Treatments for Summer 2021 - Life&Style Weekly - June 26th, 2021
- Viral video of full body tattoo transformation shows the power of a good makeup artist - Digital Journal - June 26th, 2021
- How to use viral Rampage tattoo filter on TikTok and Instagram - Dexerto - June 9th, 2021
- 7 Reasons to Venture Into the Cosmetics Industry - ABCmoney.co.uk - May 28th, 2021
- The answer to eyebrows gone wrong on Jessops Journeys - ABC 4 - May 28th, 2021
- Iconic 90s Beauty Products That Are Being Revived in 2021 - Femina - May 28th, 2021
- Best Sunscreen for Year-Round UV Protection - Popular Science - May 28th, 2021
- Teen Mom 2s Briana DeJesus is getting serious with boyfriend Javi See photo of them from the reunion - Monsters and Critics - May 28th, 2021
- Landon Barker Gushes Over Kourtney K.'s 'Fire' Tattoo on Travis - In Touch Weekly - May 16th, 2021
- Aesthetic tattoos that cover scars and beautify, how to get one safely? Explica .co - Explica - May 16th, 2021
- James Charles is being sued, Cara Delevingne is auctioning off a NFT of her vagina, and other beauty news - Buro 24/7 Singapore - May 16th, 2021
- Britain's 'Most Tattooed Woman' Covered Up All of Her Ink for a Day - menshealth.com - May 4th, 2021
- Mama June: June Shannon gives Parenting Advice Shares Dos And Donts; Know Which Negative Comment Bothered Her The Most - TV Season Spoilers - May 4th, 2021
- Tinkerbell with tattoos, inked Incredibles; Disney to allow visible tattoos on cast members - WKRG News 5 - April 19th, 2021
- The Ron Swanson Mistake You Never Noticed In Parks And Recreation - Looper - April 4th, 2021
- Ireland Baldwin Reveals Creative Use For David Bowie Tattoo - The Inquisitr News - April 4th, 2021
- Watch Travis Barkers Daughter Alabama Cover Up His Face Tattoos With Makeup - menshealth.com - April 4th, 2021
- Is There KVD Beauty Without Kat Von D? - The Business of Fashion - March 8th, 2021
- What Is Microshading? Heres What To Know About the No-Maintenance, Feathery Brows Everyones Talking About - Well+Good - March 8th, 2021
- Jennifer Aniston finally reveals the meaning behind her '11 11' wrist tattoo - Cosmopolitan UK - March 8th, 2021
- Popular new makeup products to try in 2021 - Belfast Live - February 19th, 2021
- Woman Reacts To Seeing Boyfriend For First Time Without Tattoo-Covered Face - BroBible - February 19th, 2021
- Test Pattern Director Shatara Michelle Ford on Making Their First Film and Being Emotionally Truthful - TheStranger.com - February 19th, 2021
- Here's Why Jeffree Star's 'Delicious' Neck Tattoo Is One Of His Favorites - TheThings - February 17th, 2021
- Blue Light Body Arts to open on the bricks in spring - Hays Daily News - February 17th, 2021
- Exploring the ever-diminishing returns of the Crow franchise - The Spool - February 14th, 2021
- 'Justice League': Check out Jared Leto's freaky Joker in the trailer for Zack Snyder's new HBO Max cut - USA TODAY - February 14th, 2021
- JUSTICE LEAGUE Director Zack Snyder Addresses Absence Of The Joker's SUICIDE SQUAD Tattoos In The Snyder Cut - CBM (Comic Book Movie) - February 11th, 2021
- Zack Snyder explains why Joker's tattoos were removed in Justice League - Explica - February 11th, 2021
- How TikTok communists are reclaiming the hammer and sickle - i-D - February 11th, 2021
- Why Leto's Joker Doesn't Have His "Damaged" Tattoo In Justice League - Screen Rant - February 10th, 2021
- Site of the day: Want a tattoo? You have to download this app - Explica - February 10th, 2021
- Salma Hayek Shows off Chest Tattoos for New Movie 'Bliss' - PopCulture.com - February 7th, 2021
- The rise of beauty enhancements and Maya Darwiche - Sunrise News - February 7th, 2021
- The eyes have it: Above-the-mask makeup sees pandemic surge - CBC.ca - February 7th, 2021
- BB14 promo: Salman Khan schools Abhinav for his choice of words; asks if he's 'going in the right direction' - Times Now - February 7th, 2021
- Tattoo Stamp - MILK MAKEUP | Sephora - February 6th, 2021
- Eye Studio Color Tattoo 24HR Cream Gel Eyeshadow - Maybelline - February 6th, 2021
- Salma Hayek flaunts new large tattoo and fans freak out - HOLA USA - February 6th, 2021
- Gigi Hadid Now Has A Tattoo Tribute To Baby Girl And It Matches Zayn Maliks - Capital - February 4th, 2021
- Bobrisky lavishes N596k while shopping for lady that tattooed him on her back - Legit.ng - February 4th, 2021
- Make-up artist Mei Pang is turning the internet into her beauty playground - Dazed - February 4th, 2021